Affected Business.......

Lawdwaz

Son was saying that his band will be not working for a unknown time period. Last couple of gigs he played were pretty sparsely attended (usually you can't get into the  places. He is also  a full time LEO so  it doesn't effect him too  bad, but a couple of his people are full time musicians and they will be hurting.

talked with my mechanics and they are working pretty much full time, but they had less of a backlog than they usually do. They said they will probably take a hit in terms of spring tire sales. Also, with folks driving less, there will be less breakdowns and less subsequent repairs.

might be more competition in the turkey woods with guys laid off/"working" at home? 

The work I am in is essential services as we support the financial industry. Monitoring my sites all across the Eastern half of the country and staff and logistics is a treat. We are trying to actually work more than usual to build up inventories.

I run a gas station/store/carwash. I have no choice but to interact with the public at this time unless I want to quit my job which I am sure not going to do....As of yester day our business was about 50% of normal with everything closing and today doesn't look much better. 

I ran to Lowes and there was about 15 cars in the parking lot. I assume mostly employees cause the store was empty. I still couldn't find anyone to help me of course. I did score a case of paper towels....

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

What's the penalty for? And how can an owner afford to pay a 10k day a penalty?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I belive if the government requires shutdown he is willing to pay penalty for not closing, his words not mine. As an auto dealership we are essential employees. Sad the business has not implemented any safety issues to protect the employees or customers. 

I get to tear apart the interior of a customer car this afternoon, feel great about that. 

I belive if the government requires shutdown he is willing to pay penalty for not closing, his words not mine. As an auto dealership we are essential employees. Sad the business has not implemented any safety issues to protect the employees or customers. 
I get to tear apart the interior of a customer car this afternoon, feel great about that. 
Not sure what part of the state you are from but I just saw that West Herr has laid of 55% of the workforce.....I would say they are probably the largest dealership in WNY.
This absolutely sucks for anyone who has to go through losing a paycheck.
Thank God your employer wants you guys open!

With the Court System shut down until no sooner than April 30, I have been in a scramble here at the office. I had dozens of court appearances and three trials scheduled for the next 45 days and now I do not know when they will ever be re-scheduled. The most difficult part has been notifying (unhappy) clients and witnesses who have been subpoenaed for weeks. I can manage to get work done, but as 90% of my practice is litigation, there is only so much work that can be done until the Court schedule resumes. It is going to be very difficult times ahead. I wish everyone well.

• Like 1

Owner of company told us it could be any day now that were done till this blows over.could even be tonight.

will get a paycheck next week but thereafter he's giving us options to use our vacation time for pay or take future holidays and use those hrs to get paid.then when the holiday comes we'd have to take the loss.this blows

17 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Owner of company told us it could be any day now that were done till this blows over.could even be tonight.

will get a paycheck next week but thereafter he's giving us options to use our vacation time for pay or take future holidays and use those hrs to get paid.then when the holiday comes we'd have to take the loss.this blows

Why wouldn't he temporarily  lay you off  so you could collect unemployment . State has waved 7 day waiting period . Might not be as much as you usually make but it's better than taking  from your future benefit.  Just a thought. 

I’ve been on the road working in Peters township Pennsylvania and no talk of us shutting down but they did just shut down the shell cracker plant down here. Wife is a nurse and can’t leave the kids home alone so she has been off.

30 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Why wouldn't he temporarily  lay you off  so you could collect unemployment . State has waved 7 day waiting period . Might not be as much as you usually make but it's better than taking  from your future benefit.  Just a thought. 

He did mention that if it lasts for a length of time.that would be my route as i dont want to do either of his options!

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Heard on radio on way home. 3 states had unemployment website crashes today cause of so many applicants.  

Which is crazy because nobody should have been out of work long enough to file for unemployment yet.

4 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Not sure what part of the state you are from but I just saw that West Herr has laid of 55% of the workforce.....I would say they are probably the largest dealership in WNY.
This absolutely sucks for anyone who has to go through losing a paycheck.
Thank God your employer wants you guys open!

As a flat rate technician no work through the door equals no pay. With gm, ford, and Chrysler shutting down plants temporarily will also be a parts issue.

Salesmen, and technicians are free if not producing. 

I would rather shut down temporarily and get through the surge of this virus then return to work and get caught up .

The way we are doing it will get all of us sick, loose more time getting better and drag out the recovery process in my opinion from what I have seen. Either way, there is going to be financial hardship but the quicker the better.

As a flat rate technician no work through the door equals no pay. With gm, ford, and Chrysler shutting down plants temporarily will also be a parts issue.
Salesmen, and technicians are free if not producing. 
I would rather shut down temporarily and get through the surge of this virus then return to work and get caught up .
The way we are doing it will get all of us sick, loose more time getting better and drag out the recovery process in my opinion from what I have seen. Either way, there is going to be financial hardship but the quicker the better.
I never looked at it that way......I hope everything works out for ya!

I would return to work in a second if ment this dang virus would just disappear!

12 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I could see them shutting down production ,I'm more curious what they will do with skilled trades .

Daughters fiancé is a union hvac , guy he’s still working , they do schools ,malls, colleges , just did some shooting range , in Buffalo .  For now, so, far so good , fingers crossed ! My thinking is while buildings are empty is the time to do work , but if they’ve cleaned everything ,do they want guys there working ?

Daughter is a RN that works in pre / post opp , since all elective surgery is cancelled she’s  unsure , for now still working , but not much going on , she can always go back to her old floor , but her shoulder is  having  an issue and picking up and turning Pts could be an issue .

My response to them is this is why an emergency fund is the first thing you set up ,when you start working .

The CPA in Buffalo is “ working from  home .”

F0DF4640-92D5-463B-A66C-153FE7D7545A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Daughters fiancé is a union hvac , guy he’s still working , they do schools ,malls, colleges , just did some shooting range , in Buffalo .  For now, so, far so good , fingers crossed ! My thinking is while buildings are empty is the time to do work , but if they’ve cleaned everything ,do they want guys there working ?

Daughter is a RN that works in pre / post opp , since all elective surgery is cancelled she’s  unsure , for now still working , but not much going on , she can always go back to her old floor , but her shoulder is  having  an issue and picking up and turning Pts could be an issue .

My response to them is this is why an emergency fund is the first thing you set up ,when you start working .

The CPA in Buffalo is “ working from  home .”

F0DF4640-92D5-463B-A66C-153FE7D7545A.jpeg

jesus Larry its March and the xmas tree??? at least wine glass is empty 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She’s Leaving it up year round , decorating it for the season , the red and pink was for Valentine’s Day, should be green for St. Patrick’s day, but I guess she’s slacking lol .

That and no real storage for it . Kids....

With the Court System shut down until no sooner than April 30, I have been in a scramble here at the office. I had dozens of court appearances and three trials scheduled for the next 45 days and now I do not know when they will ever be re-scheduled. The most difficult part has been notifying (unhappy) clients and witnesses who have been subpoenaed for weeks. I can manage to get work done, but as 90% of my practice is litigation, there is only so much work that can be done until the Court schedule resumes. It is going to be very difficult times ahead. I wish everyone well.

Curious - Plaintiff or defense practice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk