Affected Business.......

Lawdwaz

This is 100% hearsay but I was over at my best friends house last night. His wife's sister (fathers, uncles, cousins, brother inlaws neighbor LOL that's what I felt like typing that) Anyway, his wifes sister is a higher up in the army. She was saying they are deploying troops throughout the country, along with the National Guard, homeland security and coordinating with first responders preparing for a Nation Wide shutdown as of April 1st. They want to make sure they are prepared to try and prevent people from leaving their homes and breaking into businesses etc... If this is the case...I wish they would just do it and get it over with....

Edited by ApexerER
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

This is 100% hearsay but I was over at my best friends house last night. His wife's sister (fathers, uncles, cousins, brother inlaws neighbor LOL that's what I felt like typing that) Anyway, his wifes sister is a higher up in the army. She was saying they are deploying troups throughout the country, along with the National Guard, homeland security and coordinating with first responders preparing for a Nation Wide shutdown as of April 1st. They want to make sure they are prepared to try and prevent people from leaving their homes and breaking into businesses etc... If this is the case...I wish they would just do it and get it over with....

If true this would be absolutely insane!  We'd be going from a real good economy, record low unemployment to martial law in one months time.  Mind boggling!!!

15 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

This is 100% hearsay but I was over at my best friends house last night. His wife's sister (fathers, uncles, cousins, brother inlaws neighbor LOL that's what I felt like typing that) Anyway, his wifes sister is a higher up in the army. She was saying they are deploying troups throughout the country, along with the National Guard, homeland security and coordinating with first responders preparing for a Nation Wide shutdown as of April 1st. They want to make sure they are prepared to try and prevent people from leaving their homes and breaking into businesses etc... If this is the case...I wish they would just do it and get it over with....

How higher up would she have to be to know of martial law ,that's the kind of information only a general would know at this point in time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

How higher up would she have to be to know of martial law ,that's the kind of information only a general would know at this point in time.

I was only relaying what I heard and specifically said it was hearsay but I would think if you were getting deployed to Podunk USA along with everyone else you know and work with you would have some idea of what was going on.....They aren't just going too NYC. They are spreading troops across the country, from what I heard.....and again, it is only what I heard......It was a better source than a facebook post, how much better, I really don't know but figured it wouldn't hurt to relay the info....

Edited by ApexerER

17 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Do you guys get paid? Or is it a layoff?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'm in a different boat because i'm on medical disability til april 20th . I texted my buddy today and it sounded like they were being set up to go through unemployment . I don't know if it's the standard unemployment  or a different variation because of everything going on. 

For my wife and I, so far both of our businesses we work for are considered essential because both places supply to the medical field. If worst came to worst, my wife could do most of her job at home. I would be out of luck, being a machinist.

I have no idea how long this will last or stay the same. Like a lot of people I have no interest in time off. Others don't mind at all. At this point, it is completely out of my control. We are far from rich, but could make it for quite awhile if we had to without digging into retirement funds. On the other hand, there are a ton of people that barely make it paycheck to paycheck. They are the ones I feel the worst about.

• Like 1

I talked to one of my vendors in Washington St and he didn’t even want to talk to me cause I was from NY. His state is second behind NY in confirmed cases. China was shit down a month for Chinese New Year and another month for the virus. He said that materials I need this year are going to be hard to get. 2020 is looking like a bad year in my field of work .

• Sad 1

My brother and I have a home improvement business. Now we have three nice jobs lined up with close friends. They are of with us working in their homes. I was in the paint store and a lady was asking questions on how to paint rooms. She said with all this time on our hands we will do it ourselves. Second other guys in the business are losing jobs because nobody wants strangers in the house. Lose lose situation. 

Cuomo doesn't want to order the shutdown - wants the fed to do it - I think. Down to 25% of EEs in office by state mandate.

Work has been crazy this week, but the preparations have been aggressive. Sitting in the office for the final day for the foreseeable future, I'd say we are much better positioned now than I thought we would by when Monday started.

Some of the things I have been issued to keep the business running are straight up WWII stuff based on the range of options that may take place in the upcoming days and weeks. Hopefully it doesn't get that bad, that's for sure.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:31 AM, steve863 said:

If true this would be absolutely insane!  We'd be going from a real good economy, record low unemployment to martial law in one months time.  Mind boggling!!!

That’s a fake email , text. FB post that’s been going around for days now .

News Flash from Fox-Pro

Dear Customers,

IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of March 20, 2020, the governor of Pennsylvania has ordered that all non-life sustaining businesses within the state must halt operations until further notice. Please be advised that any orders placed for shippable goods from 3/20/2020 forward will not be shipping out until the governor removes the order. The governor has not provided a time frame or guidance as to how long this order will remain in effect.

Sound pack purchases will continue as normal as it is an automated process. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at: [email protected], or at [email protected].

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.am currently forced to work from home and I'm inquiring if you are removing data caps for me at my residents, given

Regards,

FOXPRO Inc.
14 Fox Hollow Drive
Lewistown Pa. 17044

P: 717-248-2507
F: 717-247-3594

NYS just ordered all non essential businesses to close effective Sunday night. Not sure yet how I will be affected, but my employer is definitely non essential, but we work outdoors. I won’t be surprised if we are told to come in on Monday judging by his comments this past week. I guess it all depends on what kind of fines are imposed as we are in the middle of a multi million dollar contract to finish this job by Memorial Day. 

Edited by NonTypical