Affected Business.......

Lawdwaz

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hard to say whats an overreaction right now but I wish they would take this on more of a month to month situation vs. just shutting things down long term just because it MIGHT last that long. They could always reverse the decision's being made but that too has some negative consequences.  

I'm all for shutting things down and keeping people safe. I don't want to lose anyone over this but making long term decisions like that are also putting people's financial future at risk and I am not just talking about campgrounds closing. It's a tough balancing act and I'm glad I don't have to make the call. 

• Like 1

Just now, Moho81 said:

Hard to say whats an overreaction right now but I wish they would take this on more of a month to month situation vs. just shutting things down long term just because it MIGHT last that long. They could always reverse the decision's being made but that too has some negative consequences.  

I'm all for shutting things down and keeping people safe. I don't want to lose anyone over this but making long term decisions like that are also putting people's financial future at risk and I am not just talking about campgrounds closing. It's a tough balancing act and I'm glad I don't have to make the call. 

Thats what I was thinking - Maybe for now - April then decide later on May and June as you go.  This seems too long of a term for now.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It isn't just for Oneida Rob...it is the whole state:

Camping Reservations and Pavilion/Shelter Reservations: New York State has suspended all new camping, cabin and cottage and pavilion/shelter reservations for the 2020 season until further notice.

1 minute ago, Steve D said:

It isn't just for Oneida Rob...it is the whole state:

Camping Reservations and Pavilion/Shelter Reservations: New York State has suspended all new camping, cabin and cottage and pavilion/shelter reservations for the 2020 season until further notice.

yeah i saw that too but thought til further notice makes more sense than making a date of July.  

Sure hoping the launches stay open.....dont take fishing away......  I mean i can trout fish but got a boat and want to use it. I know its a little selfish but it keeps me sane. 

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

yeah i saw that too but thought til further notice makes more sense than making a date of July.  

Sure hoping the launches stay open.....dont take fishing away......  I mean i can trout fish but got a boat and want to use it. I know its a little selfish but it keeps me sane. 

I'm with you on this for sure. Lost my whole second half of last season with the boat I purchased last year and am itching to get that thing in the water for some fishing this year. I would be willing to sign an affidavit stating that I will not pull my boat within six feet of another boat!

No way they will shutdown till july or even june....   It would be completely devastating to the nation... It is horrible what is going on...  My father had triple by pass surgery and in his 70s    and dr called a few days ago and told him not to come in for his check up and not to go anywhere and not to have any visitors.  The grand-kids and I talk to him while he is on back deck.  Told him covid is wiping out people in is health risk, donors , severe surgery's, diabetes etc lung issuesi..    But also told him when they lift the stay at home period that will not apply to him...  To stay home, period until he gets vaccine or there is cure...   That is what your gonna see going forward...  Anyone at risk or elderly staying home... People will be going back to work, with masks gloves on and so on....  Now that being said I doubt you will see restaurants and stuff like that opening anytime soon.........  

16 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I'm with you on this for sure. Lost my whole second half of last season with the boat I purchased last year and am itching to get that thing in the water for some fishing this year. I would be willing to sign an affidavit stating that I will not pull my boat within six feet of another boat!

A fishing rod apart is a good plan to me! 

And i will make sure i take the dog cause he barks at boats that get too close. lol

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

A fishing rod apart is a good plan to me! 

And i will make sure i take the dog cause he barks at boats that get too close. lol

Your new boat is more than 6' long. One stays up front the other in the rear. Or Bow and Stern is your a fancy man. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Your new boat is more than 6' long. One stays up front the other in the rear. Or Bow and Stern is your a fancy man. 

If i have to wack My buddy corey upside the head with the fishing rod then so be it!  lol - "if i can reach you with this your too close - its your own fault! "  

He was out picking worms last night cause hell with Walmart now only allowing essential shopping and the local little store closed not many options - so going old school.  I might do that this weekend myself. 

• Like 1

But hey , liquor stores are still open ( one by me sales are up 60% .) 

Underground clubs and gyms are running like the speakeasy’s of 100 years ago, folks gotta get their drink on ,muscle heads need their pump, and the milfs got bikini season approaching  , you ain’t stopping those folks .

58 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Underground clubs and gyms are running like the speakeasy’s of 100 years ago, folks gotta get their drink on ,muscle heads need their pump, and the milfs got bikini season approaching  , you ain’t stopping those folks .

they are idiots 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Hey!? 1st rule of Fight Club...

• Haha 1

they are idiots 

While I agree about their mental faculties I feel it is more of the ever-so-apparent SELFISHNESS that our society breeds. What’s good for me is all that matters; what I need must be ascertained.
Sad and scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Oswego just did a no unnecessary travel ban for the city and closed wrights marina til mid July. 

Quite a while ago you said it was only a matter of time before interstate travel was banned. At the time I thought that it was a very slim chance of that ever happening but as time goes on I think it could happen. 

This could be your Biz like prediction moment! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

While I agree about their mental faculties I feel it is more of the ever-so-apparent SELFISHNESS that our society breeds. What’s good for me is all that matters; what I need must be ascertained.
Sad and scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, I miss the gym, but I’ve been getting by at home with a chin up bar ,one kettlebell, a length of RR track ,and a 45# vest . I considered going back to,the firehouse I retried out of as they have a decent gym , but with the decon process they’re  doing daily there , I didn’t want to add to that burden . Which is funny since I always , at the start of my shift ,sprayed  the phones , keyboards , doors, remotes ,handles and so on . 

At the gym  for years Ive sprayed and wiped down the equipment before and after I used it , washed my hands on the way out , and opened the door with my foot , then washed again when I got home .

Ive always been a trail blazer , I should be on a stamp or something ( just don’t lick it .) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Quite a while ago you said it was only a matter of time before interstate travel was banned. At the time I thought that it was a very slim chance of that ever happening but as time goes on I think it could happen. 

This could be your Biz like prediction moment! 

not the prediction i would like to be right on unfortunately.  I was hoping more for Biz to continue his streak and be right about Easter everyone being back to work.  But not thinking this has much of a chance.  They started to shut down NYers into other states already, with push back from the Gov.  But i can certainly see this happening where no interstate (state to state) travel is allowed except for goods and materials.  

Yeah i was thinking back about some stuff too- where i said this is going to be the biggest economic crises in our lifetime and some people called me "Alex Jones"  (who I HATE!).  I think that this is a definite now that this is by far the closest any of us have ever seen to a possible economic collapse. And like i said before i DONT think it will happen but people have their head in the sand if they dont see the possiblility and even without that happening none of us have ever seen anything like this. 

and did I say I hate Alex Jones...... hope so cause well I hate him. lol    But the list does start and end with him. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

not the prediction i would like to be right on unfortunately.  I was hoping more for Biz to continue his streak and be right about Easter everyone being back to work.  But not thinking this has much of a chance.  They started to shut down NYers into other states already, with push back from the Gov.  But i can certainly see this happening where no interstate (state to state) travel is allowed except for goods and materials.  

Yeah i was thinking back about some stuff too- where i said this is going to be the biggest economic crises in our lifetime and some people called me "Alex Jones"  (who I HATE!).  I think that this is a definite now that this is by far the closest any of us have ever seen to a possible economic collapse. And like i said before i DONT think it will happen but people have their head in the sand if they dont see the possiblility and even without that happening none of us have ever seen anything like this. 

and did I say I hate Alex Jones...... hope so cause well I hate him. lol    But the list does start and end with him. 

Without a doubt nearly everyone will feel the pain of this economically eventually except maybe those on fixed pensions and government employees.   I am hoping it’s short lived but not very optimistic. 

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Without a doubt nearly everyone will feel the pain of this economically eventually except maybe those on fixed pensions and government employees.   I am hoping it’s short lived but not very optimistic. 

11 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

yep. even if you're still working right now, this will ripple through just about everyone.

I work for a space and defense contractors. the thinking right now is that 2 trillion has to come from somewhere and we're already curbing spending to prepare for it. Reducing our spend on capital and other projects has ripples. It all ripples.