200 hundred yards

There are more shotguns that can consistently hit an 8" paper plate at 200 yards, than there are hunters that can do it with that shotgun while hunting.

If you can do it, God bless you.  But I hate to see a gut shot deer suffering for days because someone thought they could do it.  You can do worse to a deer than miss it.

thaks wny for understanding wasnt trying to argue with anyone but seems like you get it

hey i hear ya totally man... i dont think anyone was trying to insinuate anything but you gotta love threads where we can all chime in. a topic arose and its left open for discussion, again the good and the bad... i work with an older gentleman who brought this up to me last year about shooting out to 200 yards with a shot gun and i loughed at him because from what i heard it was out of the norm... when i asked him he said he shot accurate at 200 yards by holding almost dead of center with open sites. i loughed becasue if you hit accurate at 50 - 100 yards and thats where your dialed in at then natural law of physics would beg to differ with the notion of holding dead center on at 200. i looked into it last year and really was suprised at the fact that these new loads on the market are nothing like they were years ago, that would enable a hunter to shoot that distance with a shotgun.

i simply stated its just NOT something i would do personally. It has nothing to do with you or your outlook on this gun of choice. maybe i jumped the gun alittle bit on how i thought you would jump to taking a shot at that distance simply becasue a gun company advertised a distance margin like that. and i dont want you to think anyone was knocking you, otherwise you would be totally off base...

If i didnt know any better and if i were to take a  guess tho, you are Rob? and the older gentleman i was reffering to from work would be your dad? He would fight tooth and nail on the 200 yard topic.  ;)

If so im glad you made your way over to the site, there doesnt seem to be much BS being slung on this site and for the most part seems like a good group of guys on here, after you weed the few trying to dig for peoples hunting spots...

thaks wny for understanding wasnt trying to argue with anyone but seems like you get it

hey i hear ya totally man... i dont think anyone was trying to insinuate anything but you gotta love threads where we can all chime in. a topic arose and its left open for discussion, again the good and the bad... i work with an older gentleman who brought this up to me last year about shooting out to 200 yards with a shot gun and i loughed at him because from what i heard it was out of the norm... when i asked him he said he shot accurate at 200 yards by holding almost dead of center with open sites. i loughed becasue if you hit accurate at 50 - 100 yards and thats where your dialed in at then natural law of physics would beg to differ with the notion of holding dead center on at 200. i looked into it last year and really was suprised at the fact that these new loads on the market are nothing like they were years ago, that would enable a hunter to shoot that distance with a shotgun.

i simply stated its just NOT something i would do personally. It has nothing to do with you or your outlook on this gun of choice. maybe i jumped the gun alittle bit on how i thought you would jump to taking a shot at that distance simply becasue a gun company advertised a distance margin like that. and i dont want you to think anyone was knocking you, otherwise you would be totally off base...

If i didnt know any better and if i were to take a  guess tho, you are Rob? and the older gentleman i was reffering to from work would be your dad? He would fight tooth and nail on the 200 yard topic.  ;)

If so im glad you made your way over to the site, there doesnt seem to be much BS being slung on this site and for the most part seems like a good group of guys on here, after you weed the few trying to dig for peoples hunting spots...

my name is rob are you in the 60 precient

I think you have me mixed up with someone else I was asking about60 precient because my dad is a cop in brooklyn I do know a geno but he is from bayridge I'm.I don't remember meeting you.kind of weird I went to the garden a few times big ranger fan,but don't remember you

whats kind of weird is you live on the island, hunt in dutchess, shoot a DXT LOL... And your name is Rob.

the Rob im talking about is all of the above, i know this because i work with his dad, and on top of that the 200 yard topic is something he talked about all the time.  Not saying you are the Rob i am thinking of but thats kind of strange...

i dunno, Rob lol