The shed buck...

WNY Bowhunter

Here's a bruiser of a buck that I have a little bit of history with. This pic was emailed to me by a buddy of mine who is hunting this deer. He's not the biggest racked buck that I ever seen but dang, he's got a neck on him for Sept 22nd!!! This guy has to be at least 6.5 years old...a real old-timer by NY standards.

Narles1jjk.jpg

Last year's trailcam pic:

SUNP0037-1iidf.jpg

Last year's sheds. I found the right side and the neighbor kid found the left:

IMG_053777.jpg

The mass at the base of the shed is by far the most impressive feature...

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

His antler from last year compared to a previous set (either from '09 or '08):

IMG_05812.jpg

IMG_05802.jpg

Crappy still shots from my handicam in '09:

llhlh-1.jpg

mvvvn-1.jpg

• Like 1

That little lump of fat between his front legs in the first picture, is that an indication that he's well fed, or just getting on in years? I've seen that on the big buck I'm hunting, so, a bit curious.

P.S. That is some impressive buck, you tag a wiley old deer like that with a bow and you've done something!

Edited by UpStateRedNeck

Thanks WNY, they definitely have bick necks in common, but no deer ever taken up on the farm has ever had a rack like that. At least not in the past 30 years.

Yeah, that's his brisket...they become more pronounced with age. I'd like to see what his neck looks like now after another month of being jacked up on testosterone. I bet there's some shredded trees around!!!

The area that this buck calls home has produced several giants over the past few years. All three of these bucks were killed within a mile or so from where this guy is...

Another friend's bowkill form '08:

76767.jpg

afafafa.jpg

A 15 year old amish kid just over the kill shot this one in '09...

IMG_3799tt-1.jpg

232323232fp53253_nu322_256_769_23_3.jpg

And of course there's this monster from last season. He was killed on the same property as the buck from the trailcam pics...

wheeler1.jpg

IMG_0321lll.jpg

But, we have no big deer in this state, right? Better shoot that 4-pt before the neighbor get him... :rolleyes: .

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 1