Everyone’s not only buying T/P , Fire arms and ammo are flying of the shelf

rob-c

Been hearing on news and other forums that ammo purchases are through the roof and the FBI  back ground check is up 300%. 
Myself I am set on all fronts, how about you guys? been on a buying spree, or has anyone you know come to you to get help on buying a firearm etc. ?  

Part of the problem is following the mob. When u go to the store and see only three packs of toilet paper left you think .....oh I better buy them.  Same as ammo. The 22 ammo shortage a while back was only a shortage brought on by people themselves. You go to the store and can't buy 22 ammo, the next time you go you will buy some cause there wasn't any last time etc.  People think they won't be able to get it so buy it when they see it. It propogates itself.

• Like 6

I purchased several rounds of multiple calipers yesterday. Store had restrictions on amount per calber signs up.

With state of emergencies the government has the right to restrict sales so that is one reason. Also in the current situation delivery of ammo and guns will slow down, and I wanted to make sure I have enough if needed to provide for my family and friends. 

• Like 1

What do people think is going to happen? 

They think the government is not going to care about protecting them if the whole system collapses and it will be on them to protect themselves. 

They're right.  Too bad it took them so long to realize it.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:44 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

Part of the problem is following the mob. When u go to the store and see only three packs of toilet paper left you think .....oh I better buy them.  Same as ammo. The 22 ammo shortage a while back was only a shortage brought on by people themselves. You go to the store and can't buy 22 ammo, the next time you go you will buy some cause there wasn't any last time etc.  People think they won't be able to get it so buy it when they see it. It propogates itself.

Exactly.  A self fulfilling prophecy.   And even when you recognize it, it’s hard to resist.   If I saw a big pack of TP on the shelves, I would probably buy it now since there is none in the stores.   

I don’t need any guns or ammo but it sure would be nice to be able to pick up the rifles I won if my background check ever goes through.    

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

In my social  group  including leo  we. are more concerned  with the local prisons surrounding  us . If things get truly bad  will the prisoners just be let loose if theres nobody to take care of them  or they break out .. the worst of the worst in elmira . They have nothing to lose  everything to gain.

• Like 1

I’m less annoyed by the panic buying of guns than TP.  I couldn’t imagine not having a gun or ammo for it if someone was breaking into my house.  I don’t think it’s smart to wait for the last minute to be prepared... but it’s better than nothing. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Exactly.  A self fulfilling prophecy.   And even when you recognize it, it’s hard to resist.   If I saw a big pack of TP on the shelves, I would probably buy it now since there is none in the stores.   

I don’t need any guns or ammo but it sure would be nice to be able to pick up the rifles I won if my background check ever goes through.    

What riffle did your win? 

9 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Sounds sexy 

Guaranteed to shoot the eye of a gnat at 1000yds.   Which means I should be good on the broad side of a barn at that distance.   Actually, the guy that won it last year said it’s very very accurate and he loves it. 

305AA215-901B-4C98-8E45-85D68B4BEF95.png

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Guaranteed to shoot the eye of a gnat at 1000yds.   Which means I should be good on the broad side of a barn at that distance.   Actually, the guy that won it last year said it’s very very accurate and he loves it. 

When you finally can pick it up, post up some photos please. Nice rifle ...

• Like 1

I dont need any ammo but with how people get and alot just wont be prepared if there is a lockdown like california people will get desperate.  So i see people buying for protection of family and property but its alot of oh crap theres 1 box left i better grab some.  I will say walmart was picked pretty good yesterday when i was looking at fishing tackle.

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

heard on radio - 30 days is possible as the system is overwhelmed 

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

damn that is sweet. It is mandatory after you fire that for the first time you say......"Merica!"

• Like 1