Everyone’s not only buying T/P , Fire arms and ammo are flying of the shelf

rob-c

I think, that with many of these first time gun owners ,they saw their life go, from normal to disrupted in the blink of an eye . Out of work, everything closed , 58% of the population doesn’t have $1,000, shortages right off the get go, irrational behavior, by many , what some call and ah ha moment.

10 minutes ago, Eric J said:

I'm kinda Glad Americans are exercising their Right!

Exactly ! Many are new gun owners ,who I welcome to, our ranks . They are also seeing just how “ gun control “  effects only the law abiding  .  Some states require firearm owner ID cards , ten day waits , all sorts of hurdles , when all they’ve heard was getting a gun was easier then buying a book .

• Like 2

Well I think I have more toilet paper than ammo.  lol  I have mabe 8-9 rolls and did not shoot anything last year so I still have some ammo, at least enough for this crisis.  Not worried, been out everyday as usual.  Nice with no one on the roads.  I have no food in the house so I still eat out everyday.  

Work closed till next month, luck for me I can work from home.  Now that most of the remote users are set things are starting to calm down.  

There is very little ammo ar the Indianapolis Indiana cabelas store as of 8 PM last night. The only guns they had were some high end bolt action rifles. Other than that pretty slim pickings.
Just about to head out to listen for turkeys.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did notice alot of new gun buyers at the local shop yesterday.  One guy was early 20s and his dad had no idea about even what birdshot was for.  They were suprised to hear that if you wanted to  stop someone in there tracks get a shotgun not a rifle.  Look on there face that a shotgun was better then those "scary" looking guns was priceless.  Great that people are using there right but is scary some dont even know what is what.  

my ffl/gun shop is only open thur - sun. Been calling them everyday - no answer. Didn't want to take the ride just to find him closed - hope everything is ok as he usually responds to my emails even if not answering the phone. I wanted to pick up some .223 ammo (he usually keeps some stashed away for his good customers) and some 22 lr ammo and #6 shotgun shells. Tried some other shops - if they had them the prices were ridiculously high but most were out. Finally went to Buds and placed my online order for the 22's and the shotgun shells but would have preferred my local get the money. The 22's cphp were 4 cents per round (got 2200 rounds so I could at least shoot/plink) and got 5 boxes of shells which were like $6.72 per box. $31 shipping (ouch-almost 29lbs).

so Buds still has some ammo left if anyone is interested - just no 556/223 ammo. Now where can I get TP?

stay safe everyone!

I will say out of all my long guns they are all still Locked away either in their cases or my safe. All except for my 12 gauge that one is next to my bed loaded with nothing in the chamber. 00 buck and a coyote choke. I’d hate to be the person that breaks into my house lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Chef said:

I will say out of all my long guns they are all still Locked away either in their cases or my safe. All except for my 12 gauge that one is next to my bed loaded with nothing in the chamber. 00 buck and a coyote choke. I’d hate to be the person that breaks into my house lol

all my guns are locked up in the safe except for a 12 guage  870 pump that will  load when picked up by the forend. I keep a combo of birdshot, buckshot, buckshot - in that order. It also sports a red dot and flashlight combo - it's my home defense gun of choice. If people breaak in and they are not running from the sound of the forend loading up a cartridge - they dumb or deaf and most certainly will be hurtin!. hope it doesn't come to that!

Edited by Engraver99

all my guns are locked up in the safe except for a 12 guage  870 pump that will, load when picked up by the forend. I keep a combo of birdshot, buckshot, buckshot - in that order. It also sports a red dot and flashlight combo - it's my home defense gun of choice. If people breaak in and they are not running from the sound of the forend loading up a cartridge - they dumb or deaf and most certainly will be hurtin!. hope it doesn't come to that!

My wife read on the local Facebook page last night that someone tried to rob a woman loading up her groceries last night

The part that worries me in all of this is that people are scared and they are reacting. In my opinion (for what it's worth) people who are uneducated about firearm safety and are buying up guns and ammo out of fear are dangerous. It's the their right to purchase and keep them as much as it is our right as hunters. 

Edited by Bolt action

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I bought some ammo at a local store Bucks and Bolts.  They actually had ammo i shoot so i got an extra box while i was there. The 20g 7's are for when Bill and I decide there IS now a season for doves.  Lol IMG_20200322_130237571.jpg

Love it there I'll have to hit you up when I go to camp. I must go right by ya

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got an email from Buds that they are shipping my ammo I Ordered on 3/23 shipping today. Long time but worth the wait. Still waiting on 1 more order that has been in shipping since the 27th. They are getting hammered....as soon as stuff comes in it seems its going out!

Edited by Engraver99

1 hour ago, Engraver99 said:

Finally got an email from Buds that they are shipping my ammo I Ordered on 3/23 shipping today. Long time but worth the wait. Still waiting on 1 more order that has been in shipping since the 27th. They are getting hammered....as soon as stuff comes in it seems its going out!

I ordered from target sports on 3/24... still waiting then ordered more on monday... waiting again

13 hours ago, sbuff said:

Did they provide an ETA,  I'm about to place order with whom ever has in stock 

I ordered from Target Sports 3/15 shipped on 3/25.   

Was supposed to be delivered this week, but somehow UPS lost the package (last scan was from Latham NY, never showed it arriving at next stop) , so I've filed a claim.    Not sure I believe Target Sport's claim of "Discrete Packaging"