My silkie eggs are growing

cynthiafu

What kind of brooder do you have? We have a tiny one it works but not good. They are super expensive and I don't do it enough to spend 100 dollars on one. We hatched one last year and another one was fully developed but we think it drowned when the first one hatched and bumped it.

Edited by biggamefish

Sorry crappyice. . Yours didnt come out first

15859243510103776912895006527705.thumb.jpg.94a3d9711fe1772f640bff57645a504f.jpg
15859243790218597479649662559046.thumb.jpg.ddde8ace91f43e01851861741c7820e6.jpg

That is so cool...I owe you a Jack and Coke at the next GTG!

However does anyone else find it a bit troubling THAT CHICKEN SEASONING is right next to the chicken Nursey

340381a57457a9557c2d7a9315e92176.jpg

HAHAHA!!! “Enjoy” them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I'll have to ask my wife tonight. She picked them up at Tractor Supply early last month, and I forgot what she told me. We want to try to hatch them from eggs next, so I like following your thread.

Every time I'm in tractor supply, those little balls of fluff really make it hard to leave without some.  Lol

I've got 8 layers a yr old. Next spring, I'll get 6 more to start a staggered flock.

Edited by mowin
  • Like 2

Our silkie bantams are laying way more eggs than we thought they would. Definitely surprised us compared to the data for them online. They're pretty funny birds. Our full size cochin remains the most entertaining. She is not skittish and will come to you and chill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

Our silkie bantams are laying way more eggs than we thought they would. Definitely surprised us compared to the data for them online. They're pretty funny birds. Our full size cochin remains the most entertaining. She is not skittish and will come to you and chill. 

Do you have a rooster ? I would love more eggs lolol shhhhh don't tell hubby 

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

That is so cool...I owe you a Jack and Coke at the next GTG!

However does anyone else find it a bit troubling THAT CHICKEN SEASONING is right next to the chicken Nursey

340381a57457a9557c2d7a9315e92176.jpg

HAHAHA!!! “Enjoy” them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cat food  or a dog food can lolol

After spending  most of my life living in the country without a neighbor any closer than 1/4 mile,  I moved into town ( beautiful downtown Dogpatch) a few years ago..

The three things I miss most about  moving into town are .. Not being able to walk out in my yard and take a leak whenever I feel the urge....Not being able to step outside my back ( or front) door and discharge a firearm whenever I want, and, most of all....NOT being able to have chickens...…<<sigh>>….

• Sad 2