Pair of porcupines & a Doe

Fantail

These two showed up on my NZ lease on days nothing else did. 20 & 25 yards. Two days later Sunday morning I got a Doe.

post-4-0-20275900-1318209486_thumb.jpg

Northern Zone Bow hunting seemed to take alot of time & patience compared to last year. It pays to be stubborn sometimes. It's going to depend on the area but I think generaly the herd density is alot less then the SZ, challenge accepted. We'll see how it goes next year with a better plot plan etc.

post-4-0-42817700-1318958797_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-32122700-1318958806_thumb.jpg

Western, They are pests!! they are everywhere down at my camp in southern tier. They kill trees especially pines cause they eat the bark, they chew through our camps, sheds storage areas and crap all over the place. They are pretty much good for nothing but destruction. any and every chance we get we shoot them.

• Like 1

Yeah I've seen too many big vet bills from my aunts german shepherds and my parents aussies to like porcupines. The current generation of dogs seems smarter about it though, so I haven't been blasting them on the road in to the farm whenever I see them. I saw HUGE one, thought it was a tree stump at first, last sunday.