Ammo

sbuff

Man I was going to go shooting over the weekend so I went for some 9mm ammo . I checked every gun store within an hour radius of Albany all are sold out. I guess it's good to have extra . Side note I may have to trade for some TP. I told my girls to start gathering leaves  you should have seen their faces.

Be safe all .

• Like 1

Idk, how many ammo shortages have we had in recent memory?   Buy it cheap and stack it deep ! I was just in my gun room ,Looking for the one loaded large sized AR mag, that I hid .... Anyways took stock of my supply in the room , not all my stashes just what’s in plain sight . Four ammo cans of mostly 300 blk, and 9mm . One tool box of asst. ammo 

this doesn’t count what’s in gun safe ,one hidden ammo can of factory Hollow points ,and one can thats off site storage ( along with a gun .) 

7B5F2338-0E28-4945-8E53-57CC42F2C954.jpeg

6FF36B94-A561-4FAF-BFE9-4D3A62F613FC.jpeg

• Like 1

I think I have MAYBE 50 rounds of .22 long rifle, that's it. 

Edit to add: I just looked, that box of .22's is half empty.  On a brighter note I did find some round balls and patches for my flintlock.  Now I have to source some 3F powder.........

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Idk, how many ammo shortages have we had in recent memory?   Buy it cheap and stack it deep ! I was just in my gun room ,Looking for the one loaded large sized AR mag, that I hid .... Anyways took stock of my supply in the room , not all my stashes just what’s in plain sight . Four ammo cans of mostly 300 blk, and 9mm . One tool box of asst. ammo 

this doesn’t count what’s in gun safe ,one hidden ammo can of factory Hollow points ,and one can thats off site storage ( along with a gun .) 

I got that in my wife's underwear draw ,no one would ever look there!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I love that critical defense ammo. Have some for my judge.  Neat stuff. Kicks more though.

• Like 1

I understand having a healthy supply of ammo and always do but... The thought that you would burn through 1,000 rds and need more is extremely unlikely to say the least. (That being said I have we'll over 1,000 rds myself but not really for an apocalypse situation, I just like to shoot and buy a few boxes here and there constantly). Having a ridiculous amount gives a lot of people a false sense of security in my opinion. Everyone turns into Tactical Timmy thinking they're Jason Bourne because they have a firearm and ammo. Again I'm not saying it's a waste or not a good idea. Having too much is better than not having enough certainly. Most people are not trained for tactical type firearm situations but suddenly think they'll naturally acquire it come doomsday. Once again I'm not calling anyone out as I fall into the same category. What are your thoughts on focusing on preparation and improving your skills/tactical shooting/ learning angles/ limitations of your capabilities or the firearms etc taking priority over stockpiling vast amounts?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisw said:

I understand having a healthy supply of ammo and always do but... The thought that you would burn through 1,000 rds and need more is extremely unlikely to say the least. (That being said I have we'll over 1,000 rds myself but not really for an apocalypse situation, I just like to shoot and buy a few boxes here and there constantly). Having a ridiculous amount gives a lot of people a false sense of security in my opinion. Everyone turns into Tactical Timmy thinking they're Jason Bourne because they have a firearm and ammo. Again I'm not saying it's a waste or not a good idea. Having too much is better than not having enough certainly. Most people are not trained for tactical type firearm situations but suddenly think they'll naturally acquire it come doomsday. Once again I'm not calling anyone out as I fall into the same category. What are your thoughts on focusing on preparation and improving your skills/tactical shooting/ learning angles/ limitations of your capabilities or the firearms etc taking priority over stockpiling vast amounts?

There are many practical reason for having plenty of ammo. 

First, the government can shut down your ability to buy ammo at any time.  Unless you have plenty in stock, you are out of the fight.

Second, the price of ammo could increase tremendously in a SHTF situation.

Third, if there is a total economic collapse, your dollars will be worthless and they won't buy more ammo.  I saw a very prophetic bumper sticker a while back that said, "Ammo, the currency of the 21st Century!"  It will turn out to be very true if the collapse comes.  Everything will be on the barter system and ammo will be worth more than gold.

Fourth, your tactical and shooting skills will not be as important as your understanding of the apocalyptic situation and how to survive it.  Yes you will need to shoot well if you are forced to do so, but avoiding a fight will be more important.  You do not want to find yourself in a tactical situation at all.  It won't be about fighting as much as it will be about surviving.

Lastly, your priorities should be knowing what the situation is and how to survive it, practicing your shooting skills for practical purposes and having enough ammo to survive a prolonged survival situation, even if it's used to get necessities like food, water or shelter.

Even the most skilled tactical or military operator can be taken out by one well placed shot from a scoped bolt action deer rifle 100 yards away, when they don't see it coming.  During WWII we gave the French resistance "Liberator" pistols, cheap single shot .45 ACP stamped metal arms (A gun to get a gun) for them to shoot Nazi's and take their better guns.  They worked well.  Anyone who thinks the apocalypse will be a run and gun shooting war, needs to study how these things have played out throughout history.  It's all about survival, not shooting, and ammo will be a valuable commodity to have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, chrisw said:

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Ya I’m on board with most of that . I keep a healthy supply as I buy in mass on sale ,and I’ve lived through a number of “ ammo shortages.”

As far as tactical Timmy , well I’ve been to well over a  hundred shootings, plugged up a lot,of holes all put there by young inter city youths with a stolen gun and zero training , it’s not that hard apparently.

• Like 1