New Normal - I hate that term

moog5050

But the home office is now ready.  Doubles as my hunting room but it’s quiet and will do.  Grabbed a laptop and second monitor when I left my office today.  First time having a euro mount in my “office.”   We do what we must.   With courts closed, and a directive to cease discovery, I am catching up on CLEs and answering questions from employers on how to deal with the new restrictions.   Oh and still monitoring the very important HuntingNY forum. 

91414E0D-7AF8-42B3-BFE4-DB9AF8AE17D3.jpeg

77D2C6B0-4C7F-4863-BA47-486B1AAC2787.jpeg

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I am still operating out of office which i am grateful for.  Although it does increase my risk of exposure, i am still getting paid and have a lot going on.  The new norm for me is that instead of it being a regular day - the plan changes by the hour. 

nice to be essential.  Be safe Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Belo said:

i'm all over the place. with the wife trying to teach all 3 kids it's hard. I have an office, but the kids are also using the computer in there for abc mouse. Today I could at least open the slider and let some warm air in.

probably make a fire tomorrow :(

stay strong guys!

Our kids started online classes  Senior and 5th grader.  They have received and completed assignments.  They will adjust.

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

nice to be essential.  Be safe Rob

Maybe but your prob making more money than me still from home and get to stay in a safer spot.  That's a good thing 

But I am glad to just be working when a lot of folks are not. Wishing the best for everyone.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

I am working as normal, even have overtime tomorrow, go figure.  I feel like if I had a career where it would be possible to work from home, that it would be difficult to concentrate.  

It looks like you have a nice quiet place to do your work Moog.  

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

I worked from home for almost 10 years at my previous position. Didn’t have a commute, literally put less than 100 miles on my car per year. Used wife’s exclusively.  Thoroughly enjoyed being home. Now I’m working at huntIng camp and liking it. Now we just need to keep this warm weather. 

• Like 3

I'm working from home and watching my daughter.

My wife's vet clinic is still open, and she's my real tether to what's going on. While I'm moaning because I shouldn't go to the store to buy beer, they are dressing in gowns and masks to do curbside appointments. Today they had a hospital call and ask if they could donate gloves, masks and cleaning supplies. When they say we were unprepared, that's what they are talking about, not a lack of toilet paper. Small, rural hospitals are already feeling it, and we are nowhere near peak. All I can think is that we had almost 3 months to prepare, and now we are out of basic medical supplies. The most annoying thing is that there is a subset of people who won't listen to the plea to limit contact. I really hope we don't end up in a situation like Italy, and if we do, it's our own fault.

The old normal for me , get up spend an hour online while listening to morning talk show and drinking coffee  , walk dog , workout ( sadly not at gym ) , work around the house ,run errands, wash  a car or two .

Sit in garage ,perhaps smoke a cigar ,wave and talk to neighbors as they walk by . Spent a half hour looking for that   damn  loaded 30 round AR mag I stashed somewhere  , oh I have more unloaded ones, its just driving my nuts !

Now watching Star Trek ,wife made scalloped potatoes and ham, for dinner , washing it down with gin and tonic .

Tomorrow our daughter is moving into her first house with her fierce , so friends and family helping unload ,drinking and eating ! Can’t wait .

I am going to work still but it isn't normal. Business is dead. I came back in at 8 so one of my employees could go home....My hands are so dry from washing them so much and using sanitizer like crazy. My big jug of sanitizer is half gone. I am going to have to start rationing...

On 3/20/2020 at 8:59 PM, ApexerER said:

I am going to work still but it isn't normal. Business is dead. I came back in at 8 so one of my employees could go home....My hands are so dry from washing them so much and using sanitizer like crazy. My big jug of sanitizer is half gone. I am going to have to start rationing...

I'll have to get dressed in my Tyvek suit and come down to say hi Apexer. 

By the way, it's looking incredibly likely that our spring 10 week shooting sports course is going to get cancelled. Oh well, I hope we are good for the fall course....

• Like 1

My daughter drove by grandmas and stopped to wave back and forth through the window as we are keeping them away from the grandparents who are high risk.

I have worked from home for years so same old same old. Actually I’ve had some of our locations on OT all weekend to get up inventories as we are essential as long as I have enough healthy employees to keep going.

Had cough and head stuff for a week but feeling better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our new normal......no kitchen for the for seeable future. Countertop maker is shut down....and the list just goes on.

On the flip side as long as everyone in my family stays healthy we can roll with this!af325231a75d94fd434b18c1d0e28772.jpg&key=006d43ceafce273bba0faec37e554129139fa8e58eafeeeeff870bcd50e09375

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Man you can not catch a break with this addition.

44 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Our new normal......no kitchen for the for seeable future. Countertop maker is shut down....and the list just goes on.

On the flip side as long as everyone in my family stays healthy we can roll with this!af325231a75d94fd434b18c1d0e28772.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Looking good though. 

• Like 1

ddfeb49a65c5ae369df17f0acb1f48f7.plist&key=256e7475cc7d46eec8b5f00a03de7b3d793eddbb97999997b49dad7b15087b7e

Old pic, but this is the office/trophy room I work from home in. I got this cool wooden desk from Montana Woodworks many years ago. Now that things are longer term, I had work sent me dual monitors and one of the work phones. I wish it was summer and could setup outside tho

• Like 3