How to Fix a Moultrie Trail Camera

Lol, I had one moultrie cam, one of the better ones my wife bought me for valentines day 2 years ago.. Worked flawless since day 1, it took many thousands of pictures.. I pulled the cam a month ago to dry it out for Spring.. Damn camera wont turn on now.. I was just about to praise Moultrie for finally making a decent cam... eff that. not anymore. It did take many many good pics in that time frame, so i cant complain there.. but it sure doesn't hold up like my brownings do.. 

Might have to try this!

I have a Moultrie cam in Geneseo that I have left out for 7 or 8 years . It still works but it takes 6 "C" batteries and they don't last long . I have it in a Moultrie Lock Box which seems to protect it . Had some Primos mini cams that didn't last one season . 

I have a Moultrie that has taken a thousand or so mediocre quality photos. One of them had a deer in it, one a coyote and one a house cat.  

All the others... zip. Nada. Nothing.  I'll say one thing, it is sensitive. Every blade of grass that moves or leaf that quivers in the wind sets it off.  It's useless for outdoor use.

Took some great photos.. but went from working perfectly fine to dead as a doornail after i turned it off. I wonder if its the weather change that kills them.. bringing them in from the real cold into a warm car/house.. wouldnt think so but its wierd.. Had a spypoint do it this year as well.. but spypoint replaced with zero questions 

MFDC3894.JPG

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I lost pics from 2012 and 2013 on this Moultrie Game Spy I-35 that I have left out over the years . The deer know it's there and so do the fox . A few pics from 2014 , 2015 and 2020 .

PICT0024.JPG

PICT0027.JPG

PICT0042.JPG

PICT0054.JPG

PICT0987.JPG

PICT1680.JPG

PICT0026.JPG

PICT0061.JPG

PICT0017.JPG

PICT0032.JPG

PICT0060.JPG

What area are you in? We've got beagling clubs in my area. (Old Chatham). They've messed up more hunts then I care to admit.  

2 hours ago, mowin said:

What area are you in? We've got beagling clubs in my area. (Old Chatham). They've messed up more hunts then I care to admit.  

Beagles are from the Genesee Valley Hunt Club .... Tally Ho , the fox (Geneseo) 

• Like 1