New turkey gun

maytom

Picked up a new Stoeger M3500 Turkey Gun last year, but was injured by a car while out on a walk, and couldn't put it through it's paces until this past week. Still on the mend with my left shoulder, but got the ok from my Doc

for spring turkey this year!!! Here are a few pics of my new gun. Was using Winchester Longbeard's in the 3" shell with 1 7/8oz of #5's, and this pic was shot at 40 Yards off the bench at my gun club. Really like this gun a lot.

best of luck to all the Gobbler chasers this season

NG1.jpg

NG2.jpg

NG3.jpg

NG4.jpg

• Like 11

So you finally retired your old Win 1200  ??

Sorry to hear about your accident, Paulie...

Have you been in contact with any of the old gang ?  Mike Davis called me the other day to wish me happy birthday...He's doing fine and is planning to drive up to Tennessee to hunt with Chuck...

I had a couple of beers with Slater and The Big Galloot yesterday..

Thanks Danno, I still have my Winchester 1300, will never part with that gun. Most of the gang hangs out on Facebook nowadays. Good luck when you hook up with Chuck this year.

I would like to make that trip someday myself.

Was out for a walk with my Girlfriend and her dog last August and some idiot sideswiped with his right mirror while doing 40 mph!!! Sheared the mirror right off his car and it through me into the ditch.

Got busted up good, back issues and a torn left rotator cuff which I had to have surgery on back in December, The jerk fled the scene, but got caught and was charged for leaving the scene of an accident.

Cop told my girlfriend that I was very lucky that his mirror knocked me out of the way, because he was pulled a trailer that stuck out 18" on either side of his vehicle. Lucky to be alive!!!

• Like 2

Good luck with it. I procrastinated buying a Stoeger M3000 for a yote gun,but with everything going on it's going to have to wait. The only thing I'm a little confused on is the chokes from what I can tell they except Winchester  or Benelli chokes,but also saw Remington and Mossberg ??

Glad to hear your mending well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maytom said:

Thanks Danno, I still have my Winchester 1300, will never part with that gun. Most of the gang hangs out on Facebook nowadays. Good luck when you hook up with Chuck this year.

I would like to make that trip someday myself.

Was out for a walk with my Girlfriend and her dog last August and some idiot sideswiped with his right mirror while doing 40 mph!!! Sheared the mirror right off his car and it through me into the ditch.

Got busted up good, back issues and a torn left rotator cuff which I had to have surgery on back in December, The jerk fled the scene, but got caught and was charged for leaving the scene of an accident.

Cop told my girlfriend that I was very lucky that his mirror knocked me out of the way, because he was pulled a trailer that stuck out 18" on either side of his vehicle. Lucky to be alive!!!

Wow, Paulie...I had no idea   !!  Too bad you had to go through such an ordeal, but as you say, you are lucky to be alive  and still able to function  as well as you can....  Good luck this spring with your new shootin' iron...She's a beauty  !

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 4:53 PM, Don_C said:

Is that at Evans Gun Club? Looks awfully familiar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is from Evan's Rod & Gun club Don.....good eye!!! Use to be a member for years then let my membership lapse. Been back now going on two years. Love their range.

Looks like they have to finish up the firing range yet road wise!!!

• Like 1