Wny trout waters....

mlammerhirt

Guys

Being off right now looks like April 1st is an opportunity to take my boys fishing. Not looking for any honey holes.....just accessible locations not to far from the parking area that we can hit. I never really fished inland streams growing up....basically chased stealhead in the Catt, 18 mile and Silver/Walnut creek so I'm looking for a little advice.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Guys

Being off right now looks like April 1st is an opportunity to take my boys fishing. Not looking for any honey holes.....just accessible locations not to far from the parking area that we can hit. I never really fished inland streams growing up....basically chased stealhead in the Catt, 18 mile and Silver/Walnut creek so I'm looking for a little advice.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Maybe cast a line into either Case Lake or Harwood Lake in Central Cattaraugus county. Can park and walk to the lake a short distance. Trout and bass. I guess it depends on where you live.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Not sure what area of roc u are but oatka creek is 20 mins from rochester(google maps)

32 minutes ago, genesee_mohican said:

We are lucky to have such good trout fishing here in western and central ny. This link should help you:

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9924.html

Have fun and good luck!

i'm in webster. Irondequoit creek looks promising, just have to figure out how to get in there

22 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Linear park

21 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Cousin fished linear and allens creek alot(if that sounds correct).always had fish pics to send me

19 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Naples Creek will probably be jammed with people elbow to elbow.  Cohocton River, Springwater Creek are all fun places too.

thanks guys. not having a boat and wanting to get out more i may give this a try this year. My 7 year old is almost to the point where we can sort of fish together haha.