I won a cross bow woohoo .

cynthiafu

Fortunately you don't need to take the bow course because NY state law still considers the crossbow to be a muzzleloader.  You do have to sign the little card in the rulebook  (or available on-line) and cary it with you when you hunt. 

If and when they open up all of bow season to the crossbow, they will also require the bow course.  I doubt we will see that happen anytime too soon however.  You do have the best two weeks of bow season to use it now, in the southern zone,  plus three days a month earlier up in the northern zone, prior to the early ML season up there.

Personally, I have had more success, in just (6) years with my crossbow, as I did in the previous (30) years with my vertical bow.  It is that much of a superior weapon for deer hunting.   Not needing to draw, with a deer in close, and having the ability to shoot from a rest with a telescopic sight makes it way more lethal.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Flipping the sight pins to the other side isn't a big deal. Most are universal anyways!

I haven't bought a new bow in 25 years, so I ask welcoming correction... since when? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Oh no don't you burst my bubble.  When I get it I'll give you the info . Should be here by friday fingers crossed 

How & where did you win this?

You didn't have to pay them anything for shipping, did you?

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

NYS Law - Minimum limb width: 17 inches (outer tip of limbs, excluding wheels and cams, uncocked)

It appears this xbow might be under that at 16 and change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is it "outer tip"? The 16.75" is axle to axle, so I think she is ok if thats the case. Carry on Cynthia, kill sometinhg!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

How & where did you win this?

You didn't have to pay them anything for shipping, did you?

Nope they have raffle sites ok facebook . I even have do one on there.  Well I joined a hunting one and they do cross bows ,knives gun safes all kinds of stuff . He has another crossbow up now

• Like 1