Movie rental price gouging?????

mowin

The new movies usually start at 20.oo unless they are direct to TV stuff....

For what its worth....I saw 1917 several weeks ago, and was....astounded. Amazing filming and cinematography. I was very glad to see it on the big screen, as you will lose a lot of the cinematic affect on the small screen. If you have anyplace near home you can see it still, it is worth the money (at least it was to me). 

Locally if we are patient, there is a private movie theater that the going price is 3.99!! Great deal for the family if you are patient, and I was amazed when I was there for the first time in ….probably 20 years, they had full size reclining seats with foot rests!!! This is at the Hollywood Cinema in Mattydale NY for any other CNYers out there.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I watched Dark Waters for $5.99 the other night, excellent recommendation from @Biz. He’s now at 50% recommending movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did his other recommendation feature his new found friend?  And worse, did you then rent it?

Edited by moog5050
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I watched Dark Waters for $5.99 the other night, excellent recommendation from @Biz. He’s now at 50% recommending movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just asked wife have we seen Dark waters. Ugh it’s needed to be picked up at the library. So come post covid 19 we’ll see it and Rocky 35

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

WOW, and I thought I was the only one!! Not long after the lights go out, so do I...

lol, nope definitely not just you.  I fell asleep during an Adam Sandler comedy act...I work so hard that when I finally sit down, I typically fall right asleep unless I am driving, or I am genuinely interested in what I see.

12 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Did his other recommendation feature his new found friend?  And worse, did you then rent it?

He recommended a movie for my wife and I to watch it was a chick flick AND the people had british accents ,2 of my biggest pet peeves ever!

33 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

He recommended a movie for my wife and I to watch it was a chick flick AND the people had british accents ,2 of my biggest pet peeves ever!

Well obviously Jeremy you just aren't cultured like Biz.  Did you sip champagne and snack on cucumber sandwiches while watching the movie?  Important to fully immerse.