EverCalm... spook in a stick

I like to use cover scents in the early archery season. This year I decided to try the deoderant looking ever calm " deer herd on a stick " . Well opening morning I wiped some on a tree out in my plot, then wiped some on the blind and started my season. Had 3 doe come in within 25yrds and spooked immediately upon smelling something.... Hmmm never happened to me before !? Long story short, between 2 different stands and 8 deer, every single one spooked and ran away, white flag flying and snortin the whole way. The next day I took back the 20$ spook stick and got some wildlife research cover / pre rut scent for 5$. Had multiple deer in the plot, under the stand etc. since the switch. I love the w.r. products especially the special golden estrus, and I'm hoping I can help someone with this review, so save ur money ! my only thoughts is that 99% of the reviews online said it was great stuff, but they all seemed to be from the mid west or south. I believe the stick is made in the Midwest, maybe they smell different over there.. ? Either way I strongly discourage anybody from trying this !

• Like 1

Interesting....been using a bunch of ConQuest scents for over 4 years, and have had nothing but good luck with them. Hunted last weekend with EverCalm, and had 8 deer all down wind, and didn't wind me. I pre-order and use their VS-1 estrus every year, and can attribute 2 deer to its use, and multiple others that I have seen but were out of range. I guess there are opposing views of every line of product...bottom line, is use what you are comfortable with. Good luck with your season.

HHC1 - it is Def a trial and error and personal preference game we play with scents. I've used them all over the past dozen years and have never had a reaction like i did with the ever calm. Just curious, Have you used the stick ? I heard alot of good things about the company, and may try some of the other products they offer but never again with the stick.

TreeGuy....yep, i have used the stick for quite a while now and used it last weekend, and I personally have had great luck. I did a searched and checked out reviews of the EverCalm, and it seems as though the majority of people that use it, like it...from all over the country. However, there are some that have had the same reaction as yourself. I checked out a few other cover scent reviews, and for just about every product there are good and bad reviews. If nothing else it is interesting. In my opinion, the VS1 product is awesome.

I've used a variant from another company - Trophy Blend Scents.

I don't use the herd stick for much more than a deer stop (if there's only one lane, etc.). I did have luck with the estrous stick but have since went on to using a local supplier. Overall, I'd say its the only scent I've had luck with (outside of the peak of the chasing).

I love special golden estrus. Great stuff. I've also had pretty good results with the Hunter Specialties scent wafers. I use the buck rut scent alot for an attractant and I use the fresh earth, pine and acorn wafers for cover scents. There was another cover scent that I loved but I can't find anymore it was Essence of Fall not sure who it was made by but it worked well.

• 2 years later...

Don't often use lures or scents. Bought some Ever Calm, put it out today of the 3 bucks that came by this AM the 2 young ones used the trail I put it on. It stopped both of them,the spike turned and smelled the stick it was on then licked it! The 6 just stopped and air scented it.

Crap I suppose now I ll be smearing it all over the woods......JK about that . Sample size is small but so far I like it.

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I always liked Deer Dander but it’s messy and the Fitzgeralds are losers so I tried EverCalm, I have had what I think are good results. No bad results anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why are the Fitzgeralds losers?  I used to get a kick out of Dan, way back in the day.

Just got mine in the mail yesterday , the stuff kicks butt. I tried the stuff last year with vag secretions but didn't notice anything.
You weren't using it right. You were supposed to rub it on yourself that way a big bruiser challenger buck thinks you've been with his women and wants to mess you up

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

You weren't using it right. You were supposed to rub it on yourself that way a big bruiser challenger buck thinks you've been with his women and wants to mess you up

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I i rubbed it all over my face and lips , that's just how i roll though. 

• Like 2

This will be my 3rd season using Evercalm. I've yet to see an adverse reaction from a deer coming in close proximity to it. 

I used what I had left over last year, from the  previous year. Didn't see any noticeable difference. 

Got a new stick ready to go for this year.

I have not used the estrus scented one. As I'm not looking for an attraction scent. Just a cover scent, on my boots.

• Like 2

Why are the Fitzgeralds losers?  I used to get a kick out of Dan, way back in the day.

I did too but now there are dozens of stories of guys ordering, never getting their products, never getting help from their customer service or reimbursed. Their schilling of crap products rivals Nugent now. Back in the day their videos were great though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1