If you think Cuomo is doing a good job .

rob-c

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/ny-gov-cuomo-rejected-buying-recommended-16000-ventilators-in-2015-for-pandemic-established-death-panels-and-lottery-instead/

Now I myself will give him a bit of credit as he’s been doing well in this crap show we have going on. But I am a guy that likes to be prepared for things that may come up, so this bothers me..  

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Did anyone in the country buy 16000 ventilators in 2015?

Sure doesn’t look like it. I would hope local governments and federal governments learn from this and stock pile things we will need if it happens again. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Did anyone in the country buy 16000 ventilators in 2015?

No, but he been the one with the biggest mouth bashing the fed gov for ventilators, but hasn't once said he dropped the ball and should have purchased those ventilators.  Never his fault. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, mowin said:

No, but he been the one with the biggest mouth bashing the fed gov for ventilators, but hasn't once said he dropped the ball and should have purchased those ventilators.  Never his fault. 

So who knew that a worldwide pandemic was coming that attacked the lungs? How can you blame someone for not buying something no one knew we were going to need? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mowin said:

Also,he should have the biggest mouth because last i checked NY has more cases than the rest of the country combined. That is confirmed cases,and those will be up to over 100k by the weekend easily. 

13 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

So who knew that a worldwide pandemic was coming that attacked the lungs? How can you blame someone for not buying something no one knew we were going to need? 

That's exactly my point.   He's been bashing the fed gov for not thinking ahead, but hasn't bashed himself for not thinking ahead.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Also,he should have the biggest mouth because last i checked NY has more cases than the rest of the country combined. That is confirmed cases,and those will be up to over 100k by the weekend easily. 

I agree NY has almost 30k infected.   But does he need 30k ventilators?  How many of those actually need them?  What about Washington, California, Maryland?  They shouldn't get any because king Andy wants all of them?

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

It’s Trumps fault ...

Cuomo is doing a pretty good job at blaming Trump, for the lack of supply’s .

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

Here’s exactly what DC looks like I imagine an every issue let alone huge never-before-seen issues. Something happens- we point fingers across the aisle and offer no solution except chopping out the legs of our opponent who then get their parties in a bunch and simply say, “yeah but you...”
Start solving the problems or at least admit that we are all struggling together and may get good ideas from Huomo or Hrump and just “put Americans first” (oops-naughty words!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

While NY has the most cases of this virus I have seen the other hotspot Governors doing and asking for pretty much the same for their states and cities, no better no worse. With Cuomo there is something else going on in addition,  I see a slick politician using the media and this pandemic to try and advance his political ambitions. He makes me "puke" when out of one side of his mouth he makes like he is so worried about saving every single precious life from this Corona pandemic but yet he supports abortion big time, a "Catholic" mind you!

He has made it clear people like me are not welcome in NY, as far as I am concerned he can kiss both sides, he will never get my vote!

Al

• Like 6

The national comedy center, that was built in Jamestown a few years ago, was aided in it's construction with a 14 Million Dollar grant from NYS. Now, I suppose people really like the comedy center, but maybe, just maybe those funds could have been better spent elsewhere. Around the time that the center was opened, the sewage treatment plant in Olean went off line, due to a power outage. I believe the city was relying on a smaller back-up generator to cover for an outage, because the larger main back-up Gen was unrepairable, and the city was waiting for state funding to buy a proper main back up generator. Well, during the power outage, the smaller back-up failed and untreated sewage was dumped into the Allegany river. Before the outage and treatment plant shutdown issue, the City of Olean was having trouble securing funding from the state, for main back-up generator equipment. 

To me, making sure that essential services are properly funded and operational trumps a check, aiding the construction of a comedy center, and on a larger scale, purchasing essential medical devices like ventilators would seem to make more sense.. 

I guess thinking will change now, given the health problems, when it comes to prioritizing spending tax dollars. 

18 minutes ago, Merlot said:

The national comedy center, that was built in Jamestown a few years ago, was aided in it's construction with a 14 Million Dollar grant from NYS. Now, I suppose people really like the comedy center, but maybe, just maybe those funds could have been better spent elsewhere. Around the time that the center was opened, the sewage treatment plant in Olean went off line, due to a power outage. I believe the city was relying on a smaller back-up generator to cover for an outage, because the larger main back-up Gen was unrepairable, and the city was waiting for state funding to buy a proper main back up generator. Well, during the power outage, the smaller back-up failed and untreated sewage was dumped into the Allegany river. Before the outage and treatment plant shutdown issue, the City of Olean was having trouble securing funding from the state, for main back-up generator equipment. 

To me, making sure that essential services are properly funded and operational trumps a check, aiding the construction of a comedy center, and on a larger scale, purchasing essential medical devices like ventilators would seem to make more sense.. 

I guess thinking will change now, given the health problems, when it comes to prioritizing spending tax dollars. 

Raise your hand if youve got a season pass for that new canal museum by the thruway! Or that enormous NF welcome center on Grand Island

• Like 1

I think in the current situation he is doing a good job. Tuesday's press conference seemed a bit over the top and much more political but he's running out of things to talk about I guess. I don't like how his entire focus is currently on NYC and no where else but at the same time that is the hot spot of the country so it does need the attention it's getting I just hope we are not completely forgotten about. The Erie County Executive has complained from the start at the lack of test's available in the County but as a whole NYS has tested more people than anywhere else. 

I still wont vote for him as this one act of being a decent Governor does not erase his entire history.