If you think Cuomo is doing a good job .

rob-c

Fine Job???  He should have lock down NYC three weeks ago or at least the mass transit systems and theaters. Did we really think what was happening overseas wouldn't strike in the same form in the US?  Most cases because of the lack of any active control in a dense population.

His decision making is a joke and extremely political.  When he does act it's confusing.  First it's 50% stay at home, before the ink is dry on order it's 25%, then it's all stay at home except essential.  Some of these orders weren't even publish when they were supposed to be imposed.  This was over the course of two and a half days.  The next joke is the politics of what's essential.

And oh, Andy is the only governor that thinks NYC should get the lion's share of available medical equipment.   And now he starts the blame game.  He is not a leader.  He is a manipulator of facts for his own purposes.  But he's not the only politician to do so.

Did you see that Remington Arms in Ilion,  NY is apply to make medical equipment for crisis?They came through in the other World Wars and they can do it again.  They have a lot of empty space in their factory thanks to Andy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, airedale said:

While NY has the most cases of this virus I have seen the other hotspot Governors doing and asking for pretty much the same for their states and cities, no better no worse. With Cuomo there is something else going on in addition,  I see a slick politician using the media and this pandemic to try and advance his political ambitions. He makes me "puke" when out of one side of his mouth he makes like he is so worried about saving every single precious life from this Corona pandemic but yet he supports abortion big time, a "Catholic" mind you!

He has made it clear people like me are not welcome in NY, as far as I am concerned he can kiss both sides, he will never get my vote!

Al

+1

He's looking to be the Democratic Poster Boy in 2024. To be able say, during the crisis, I was on the front lines in NY! Though I do believe he is trying to make the best of a bad situation. Seeing what he's done to stomp on our rights, behind closed doors, in the middle of the night. Will never get him a vote from me.

But many have already bought in to his smoke and mirror show for years. And will continue to do so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

+1

He's looking to be the Democratic Poster Boy in 2024. To be able say, during the crisis, I was on the front lines in NY! Though I do believe he is trying to make the best of a bad situation. Seeing what he's done to stomp on our rights, behind closed doors, in the middle of the night. Will never get him a vote from me.

But many have already bought in to his smoke and mirror show for years. And will continue to do so.

Voters will discredit his service to NY as soon as the opponent throws out positive cases in the city and the fact that NYC had the most for the entire country . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Voters will discredit his service to NY as soon as the opponent throws out positive cases in the city and the fact that NYC had the most for the entire country . 

Voters upstate, yes.  Voters downstate, no way.   They love king Andy and believe everything he feeds them. 

• Like 1

Also,he should have the biggest mouth because last i checked NY has more cases than the rest of the country combined. That is confirmed cases,and those will be up to over 100k by the weekend easily. 

They are so much higher because ny is testing at a rate higher than most other countries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Trump also disbanned the pandemic task force also, but I don't hear anything about that on here. Cuomo is doing a better job than trump is right now. 16,000 ventilators also does not make a significant difference at this point. We would still be in a shortage either way. His response to the situation has been the best in the country so far

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

They are so much higher because ny is testing at a rate higher than most other countries

NY and speifically NYC is getting a lot of crap for having the most confirmed cases, but thats mostly due to the testing we are doing. No one is testing like us. Of course one of the biggest cities in the world is going to have higher cases than most of the other cities country, but right now its mostly due to the higher rate of testing

• Like 1

If you’re going to blame Cuomo for not shutting down the state earlier then you can say the same about Trump for the country. Washington State is even worst ratio than NY per population.

You definitely have to blame de Blasio who didn’t want to shut the schools down even though Cuomo insisted that he should.

Hind sight is always 20/20. If this pandemic never hit, we would have blasted Cuomo for wasting money on a bunch of ventilators to sit around and collect dust.

I don’t like the guy as much as the next person on here but ever SINCE the pandemic took over NYS, he has remained calm and made good decisions.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

They all quit on their own accord. He didn't disband it, he only didn't recreate it. There's a difference there. Just trying to clarify things

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

What I understand is the head of the team quit when they cut his team by over 50%, then they disbanded the whole thing and didn't replace him on the NSC.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/

Honestly though, it's not Trump's fault, since he "takes no responsibility". A heck of a thing for a "leader" to say...

Edited by Splitear_Leland

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hate Cuomo but he’s doing an exceptional job with this.

Very close to a review I had once. Biggest raise I’ve ever received. 

If any if you have time, listen to the Max Brooks interview. He sat in multiple emergency preparedness meetings with the military, CDC, FEMA, etc., with people who eat and sleep this type of situation. The plans are in place and proven but the order needs to come down. 

His point about the DPA is apt. It’s not taking over companies, it’s facilitating the supply chain so this rubber glove maker gets the latex that this condom maker two states over has and the army moves the finished product where it needs to be. 

It’s an informed layman’s look at pandemic preparation.   

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/24/820601571/all-of-this-panic-could-have-been-prevented-author-max-brooks-on-covid-19

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Cuomo is a flipping tool. Always has been always will be. 

EVERY POLITICIAN in this country should be dragged out in the streets and shot after this. Bunch of self serving clowns.

Agree 100%.  Cuomo is being a complete drama queen and it seems like many here are being snookered by it all.  He is doing no more or less than any other stinking politician would have done.  Trump is another idiot.  I am surely not blaming him for anything having to do with this virus.  Where the hell is he going to get 20,000 ventilators for Cuomo?  Pull them out of his a$$?  His biggest flaws are that he thinks he knows more than anyone else and he can't keep his mouth from saying something stupid if his life depended on it.  These two honestly deserve each other.  They are both arrogant blowhards who in reality don't know $#!+.

• Like 1

He's campaigning and nothing more. 

The media is compliciate because they can see what a mess their party is and the cast of clowns running. This time, next time, they're onboard. 

Edited by cas
  • Like 1

Governor Andrew Cuomo is only doing a fine job begging and questioning for help from the Federal government.

Maybe if Cuomo had planned for disasters like this pandemic he would be doing a fine job.  Instead Cuomo has focused his powers as governor on sanctuary for illegal aliens, driver licenses for illegal aliens, wasteful social programs, fat government, keeping taxes (income and property) high, nonsense gun control laws like the SAFE Acts and other failures.  Cuomo has not really improved the lives of New York residents.  Cuomo has certainly not prepared to protect the people he serves by his inactions for years as governor preparing for a catastrophic event like the Corona Virus pandemic.

What is nauseating about Cuomo is how he announces how invaluable life is and we could see 26,000 New Yorkers die from the Corona Virus.  Since when did Cuomo who is a supporter of abortion (AKA “Baby Killing”), restricting New Yorkers right to carry conceal handguns for self-defense and is soft on dangerous violent criminals like William Spengler who was released from prison under the Cuomo administration to murder again cared about the lives of New Yorkers? 

Cuomo said “Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.  Cuomo is no humanitarian.

• Like 3