Tajmahal begins

Zag

47 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Well the 1st blind we built made it through the season up to last Friday's wind storm. This sucks, now I have to take it apart, repair what's broken and put it up again.  I  knew we should have anchored it but just ran out of time.  I  will definitely strap it down this time. 

imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Bummer to see that doesn’t look too damaged.  Hopefully you get it anchored back up soon.  

• Like 1

Well the 1st blind we built made it through the season up to last Friday's wind storm. This sucks, now I have to take it apart, repair what's broken and put it up again.  I  knew we should have anchored it but just ran out of time.  I  will definitely strap it down this time. 
imagejpeg_1.thumb.jpg.2e921e8886d8d97ebe3a571ef0e84568.jpg
imagejpeg_0.thumb.jpg.004c3dce9e9663211b8c93e12fbdd068.jpg

I did 4 ratchet straps from mine into nearby trees with big eye screws. Knock on wood it’s held up to all the wind storms. I want to come up with something more permanent though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the corkscrew ground anchors they use for mobile homes on all four corners now. Actually only three corners lol....when I stopped at value that day I installed them they only had three. Then I ran an I bolt through the 2x4 frame and connected a ratchet strap....and locked it down real nice.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update on the damaged blind, we took it apart and I brought it home to fix.  Well we decided as long as there was so much work to do on it we might just as well make it bigger. It was 4x6 and the second blind we built is 6x6 which is much nicer! So this one is now 5x6. I made the windows smaller as we felt they were too big, and I made an entire new roof.  I'm contemplating cutting 8"off the walls as it looks to tall but I don't think it's worth the effort? Re paint and it's ready to  take it apart and haul it to the property and put it back up!

20210510_204333.jpg

20210510_204353.jpg

20210516_175609.jpg

20210516_175633.jpg

• Like 2

Well the blind is done, just need to take it apart, load it on trailer, haul it back up the hill,  then put it back up. And anchor it of course!

I'm not real happy with my paint job, I think I got a little carried away with the leaves.  Looks too busy,  we'll see how it looks in the field.

20210521_085052.jpg

20210521_085102.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I figured I’d keep rolling on this thread instead of making a new one. I pick up ten 2x4x8 pressure treated boards to build a railing around the porch for safety and for a shooting rail. I prepped the posts tonight and will install over the weekend. Each post is 2 pieces. 1 longer than the other so I can screw it into the side of the blind. I hope my idea works.

a65f2ce330b2959a0c3a1dbb5a75053a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Tajmahal begins,  actually tajmahal finished! We rebuilt the damaged blind from last year back in May and finally finished putting it back up today. This time it's anchored down so even Ida won't be able to blow it over! Got screw in trailer anchors from a friend and secured it with 5/16"coated cable. 

20210909_150811.jpg

20210909_150832.jpg

20210909_150856.jpg

Edited by 2012_taco
Added text
  • Like 8

Bought two BOCES Building Trades mock houses that my son and his classmates built during the year at the end of the school year. Changed a few things to the design including the shed roof.

Clad it in galvanized siding I bought at auction. Got 25 sheets of 3 X 8 for $400. Have a second building and enough siding so that'll hopefully get done in the next month. 

This currently sits overlooking 3.5 acres of brassicas and about 10 apple trees. Can't wait to hunt in comfort this year. 

IMG_5348.jpg

Edited by Marsala-man
spelling
  • Like 8

Lots of inspiration here. 

Will be assembling my tower blind this weekend.

What's everyone covering their floors with?

ł will have plywood decking, and kicking around a couple ideas about how to cover it...

ł want something that will have some insulative properties but more importantly be weather proof and QUIET.

My enclosed space will be 6'x6', ł already have a my buddy heater w/ hookups for a 20lb tank, shooting chairs and a urinal design which will run through flexible pvc down to a French drain.

Heavily leaning towards one of these as opposed to outdoor/boat carpeting -->

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20210915-152441_Chrome.jpg