Tajmahal begins

Zag

I've been dreaming about an enclosed blind over looking a food plot for yrs, one furnished with nice windows, tongue and groove interior walls, wall heater, loft to sleep in, lazyboy recliners and so on. Well with all this slow down it's time to get this started!!

I want this for so many reasons but mostly for my dad. He done so much for my brother and I and he loves his land and everything that comes with it. He's also over 70 and now only gun hunts and sometimes can't sit as long as he like to. This would give him all day comfortable sits if he chooses to.

Although it may be a small cabin when done. Luckily my brothers an architectural engineer and after sending a pic of what I'm thinking and brief chat he whipped up some plans. 8x12 footprint, 8x8 hut with a 4ft deck. Yesterday I started looking for some window options on Craigslist and found these beautiful windows 73x65 for the wall facing the plot, it was a hell of a good price!! First purchase down!! 

I'll post pics of the process along the way.

KIMG1806.JPG

• Like 12

And to think i started using a tree umbrella only 2 years ago to get out of the elements. 

Ha same here. Thought that umbrella was the best thing since sliced bread!

Now I’m thinking about building a nice enclosed blind for more comfort for myself and my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Way too much window IMO on both huts.  (But I love the idea of a hut for dad)

Ha, window was a little larger but the price was so darn good I couldn't let it go. Worse case I can tint them a bit, but behind me will mostly be a wall so I think I'll be ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Way too much window IMO on both huts.  (But I love the idea of a hut for dad)

Vinyl graphics close off most of window but gap 18 in or so in middle , top and bottom are covered. , only photos I had on phone, walls and windows and insulation not done

34 minutes ago, Zag said:

Any thoughts on heat? I've been back and forth on a cubic mini wood stove or a wall mounted propane heater.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dyna-Glo-10000-BTU-Wall-Or-Floor-Mount-Natural-Gas-Or-Liquid-Propane-Vent-free-Convection-Heater/1000282055

Vent free heaters create a lot of moisture. Windows condensate and will need to be wiped down.

• Sad 1

Built a tower for red and his kids last year still need to finish the stairs this year,we used a ladder last year 27774.thumb.jpeg.779e0ed45466a6f6ffef3a7e6e527756.jpeg27776.thumb.jpeg.d643b8d14f388f37c424e6693c5990c4.jpeg6x6 with 5x5 slide open double pane windows on 3 sides (back faces road)  found on marketplace 3 windows for 40 bucks..

best of luck and be safe with your build!!!
G-man
What's the length of the legs?
Did you guys use the elevator prefab platform corners?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

G-man
What's the length of the legs?
Did you guys use the elevator prefab platform corners?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

16ft, used elevator prefab corners dual angle. Honestly its really tall could of gotten away with 12 ft. Made it alot harder to get windows lifted up that high

• Like 1

It turned out to be a great day to be in the woods!! I picked out the exact location of the cabin and measured out the 6x6 post locations. I didn't want it located right on the edge of the plot, so I tucked it back a bit and I'll build up some more dead branches in front to hide it. 

Buying a new auger for the JD tractor Monday so maybe as early as next weekend I can get the holes dug and get the 6x6 posts set!! 

KIMG1807.JPG

• Like 2

On 3/26/2020 at 11:16 AM, Zag said:

Any thoughts on heat? I've been back and forth on a cubic mini wood stove or a wall mounted propane heater.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dyna-Glo-10000-BTU-Wall-Or-Floor-Mount-Natural-Gas-Or-Liquid-Propane-Vent-free-Convection-Heater/1000282055

Buddy propane heater with hose adapter.  Leaving a heater in blind after season is asking. For mice, corroded oraface, chewed wires.. as for wood I'd hate to carry wood up into a blind ever day or so.. 

4 hours ago, G-Man said:

Buddy propane heater with hose adapter.  Leaving a heater in blind after season is asking. For mice, corroded oraface, chewed wires.. as for wood I'd hate to carry wood up into a blind ever day or so.. 

My goal is to make this sob blind/cabin 1000% mice proof.