Tajmahal begins

Zag

After running errands all day I finally got back to working on the blind but then had a rain delay! I got the roof framed and sheathing on when the sh@t hit the fan.
20200815_202315.thumb.jpg.7af5f76405f91bfa633258e1919d6017.jpg
20200815_202331.thumb.jpg.1add6cacae30421cd9411f46affe6d1d.jpg

Looking good! I hope to finish mine after vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Finished nailing down the roof sheathing, and finished the wall sheathing. Now I can start the door and start painting it. Will have to wait till next weekend though as the wife and I are going to Pa camping for a few days. Man it's nice being retired! Just another Saturday!

20200816_134843.jpg

• Like 7

Finished nailing down the roof sheathing, and finished the wall sheathing. Now I can start the door and start painting it. Will have to wait till next weekend though as the wife and I are going to Pa camping for a few days. Man it's nice being retired! Just another Saturday!
20200816_134843.thumb.jpg.2a58d6ebbe29c9f1a6fe584ee1a1822d.jpg

What did/are you planning on using for the roof? I was thinking of doing the self adhered EPDM

11 hours ago, Moho81 said:

What did/are you planning on using for the roof? I was thinking of doing the self adhered EPDM

I went with a 4/12 pitch so I'll just use felt paper and shingles. i will shingle it once it's up and in place. I made the roof in 2 sections so I can take it apart to move it into place and re-assemble it in the field. 

Edited by 2012_taco
Added text
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to take a small break from building the blind to fix the camper before camping this weekend. Finished up the back panel tonight but I already screwed up I wanted to have an extra 3 1/2” of plywood on each side to help lock in the corners but completely forgot about it until a made the cuts and with lumber prices the way they are I just kept going instead of eating $70.
3275176ea4d614568bfdff286a2bd3d6.jpg

c1dc04a55f5cd2d1d506393dea45e72b.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

That Ultra must have been messing with your head!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I wish that was the case but I have a strict no alcohol until the power tools are put away policy. I simply made a bone head mistake and I wasn't even rushing through it. 

11 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Finished up the back panel tonight but I already screwed up I wanted to have an extra 3 1/2” of plywood on each side to help lock in the corners

That's why I sheathed my blind in place. I lapped 1 corner over the next to tie it in. I just didn't nail the overlap as I plan on taking the blind apart to transport it, and I'll finish nailing the corners once it's erected in the final location. I'm sure you'll be ok just nail the corner well and use some spray foam to seal it from leaks. Or you could caulk the corner before you attach the next wall to seal it. There's more than 1 way to skin a cat! Blind looks like it's built real solid, nice work!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

That's why I sheathed my blind in place. I lapped 1 corner over the next to tie it in. I just didn't nail the overlap as I plan on taking the blind apart to transport it, and I'll finish nailing the corners once it's erected in the final location. I'm sure you'll be ok just nail the corner well and use some spray foam to seal it from leaks. Or you could caulk the corner before you attach the next wall to seal it. There's more than 1 way to skin a cat! Blind looks like it's built real solid, nice work!

I did a 3 stud corner so I have more that enough meat to nail the 2 corners together but I'm still annoyed that I missed that detail. I'm sure the blind is way over built as I built it more like a house than a tree stand but i figured if I'm taking the time to do it I might as well do it right and not have to repair it for a ton of years. 

• Like 1

Got blind #2 up yesterday, had plenty of help with this one, which was great as this one is bigger and much heavier! Still have to build the stairs and then make some darkening curtains for the inside of the windows.

These cold mornings are getting the blood flowing, can't wait to sit in a tree!

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_2006.JPG

• Like 8