Tajmahal begins

Zag

Checking on installation of windows.  Going well.  

Pulled card next to path where they are working and the state inspector 4 pt paid a visit to the worksite.  Luckily we were all masked up and socially distracted......until tomorrow

A33D6429-D298-4E1F-ACB4-371340F896B5.jpeg

33B36286-0B8D-4FC0-97E0-8E5EB13F36B4.jpeg

1547D441-2F01-427F-B377-0D0534703577.jpeg

A1BF9D86-C507-43D8-A9C7-C03A016814C5.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well my son Is at it again...He just texted me that he and a couple of buddies are building a new duck blind at our camp on Owasco lake for the late duck season.  As you can tell from the pictures size does matter to him since he built the big Buckform and now this  

since will have room for about 30 I will be renting out spots so get a hold of us early for your spot at the bus stop blind or as he calls it the Duckform 

BD893753-08A6-4633-93BB-DB19D28B1D40.jpeg

F85A75A9-589D-4324-ABEA-2AD672AEE299.jpeg

2E4B94E5-BBEC-4CBE-AF7D-B24F3F4E2980.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Mr Buddy Heaters are the best.  Great addition to make more comfortable don’t know why I waited so long. 

5B62717D-0745-468C-BADC-7E1DFC1BEEA2.jpeg

Keep an eye on the little rubber seal where the tank attaches to the mr buddy. I had one crack and propane leaked and it blew up in flames! I had to toss it in the snow bank b4 it made the tank explode! I am afraid to buy another!

• Thanks 1

Mr Buddy Heaters are the best.  Great addition to make more comfortable don’t know why I waited so long. 
5B62717D-0745-468C-BADC-7E1DFC1BEEA2.thumb.jpeg.fffbfc8b4df61152c0669acd8b3a68ea.jpeg

Get yourself a propane hose adaptor to go from a 20lb tank to the 1lb hook up on the buddy heater. You will get over 100 hours of use out of a 20lb tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Thanks guys my Son is getting a hose and adapter for it and I have bigger tank ready.  
 Next year doing wall mount propane heater with line running down to large tank below the Buckform. 

That will put you on a whole nother level! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Is this the right adapter hose for mr buddy to a bigger tank?

6CD550A0-0145-41FD-AD8E-2C6094EBB168.jpeg

Looks to be, but I had a hose with that connection that would not work on my 20 lb tank, I returned it, also get yourself a filter before you use that hose.  Some hoses have thin coating of oil inside the hose, that on the initial lighting, can coat the igniter/etc making it a real nuisance to get fired up, thats what I read anyhow.  A filter is about $10.  Tractor Supply keeps all of these accessories in stock.

3029C2E7-DB3E-4E98-AB23-4D8FCE20A72A.jpeg

E81A40A7-8E3D-446B-A8D4-B41D547286D7.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Thanks Bionic that’s a big help I sent your post along to my son so he can get a filter too.  Having heat when you need it is the best.  

Not a problem, enjoy.  I went with the 12’ hose to keep the tank outdoors.  Like I said as far as what I read, you don’t *need* a filter on some hoses..but for 10 or 12 bucks, i would be a fool not to use one, this deep in already, what’s $10 is how I look at it.  Enjoy that heat, i am loving it.  68 degrees on low, and shoes off.  The best part of this enclosed tower is not ever being winded by deer.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Is the filter specific for propane lines?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Please realize I am not at all trying to sound sarcastic by this response, but yes its propane specific, because the inlet side of filter is specific to the propane hose, and the outlet side is specific to the 1 lb accessory threading. Also, you do not want a hose with a regulator, the Buddy heaters have a built in regulator.  

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/mr-heater-universal-fuel-filter-3000863?store=2153&cm_mmc=feed-_-GoogleShopping-_-Product-_-3000863&gclid=CjwKCAiAnvj9BRA4EiwAuUMDfxKK3a3cN3nOYUi4DsWSXDJcOliDAm2qjO1AEqlFtpjC9_1MVDlihBoCMu4QAvD_BwE

This is the hose I run

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/mr-heater-12-ft-propane-hose-assembly-129227399--1

Edited by Bionic

4 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Didn't sound sarcastic at all.....I asked because I have heard of a fuel/has filter.....just never propane filter.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ok, great.  Yes, I wasn’t aware either to be honest.  I guess some hoses are manufactured with a thin coating of oil internally, and upon your initial firing, that oil can gum up, and foul the lighter/nozzle on the heater.  The filter prevents that, and obviously filters the propane regardless.  Some hoses tell you that nose filter is required, but at $10 I rather not deal with the headaches.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, Lomax said:

Got our duck blind brushed in camo’d up a bit for tomorrow’s duck season opener go the second half.  

38BF48A2-42AB-4231-A4C3-662CFC904294.jpeg

Where is it :-)?!!!! Ducks will have no freaking clue!!

Edited by Zag
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well the 1st blind we built made it through the season up to last Friday's wind storm. This sucks, now I have to take it apart, repair what's broken and put it up again.  I  knew we should have anchored it but just ran out of time.  I  will definitely strap it down this time. 

imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

• Sad 3

I built one on trailer 2 years ago and didn't think it would ever get windy enough to tip over. Well the perfect wind storm rolled in on Halloween night that year from the perfect direction and tipped it right over around midnight. Was able to narrow down the time since I had a trial cam mounted to the shed and it took a pic when it hit the ground. After looking for some weather data I found peak gusts around that time and date were 53 mph....just enough to cause a minor headache and a little damage. bf3cc2ffe14c23a45100c80ff40f74d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Sad 1