Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

4 hours ago, reeltime said:

Some guys will move rating on your spot lola07cbba37fb3bb847a8b805fd153d14e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I always make it a point to follow the LOCALS around...Hehehehe…. Reeltime still caught more by himself than TCIII and I did together..

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, chrisw said:

50+ fish day, mostly big smallies with 3 steelhead and 2 northerns mixed in. Biggest 2 smallies of the day were 4.8 and 4.9lbs. Couldn't break 5 lbs this time!IMG_20200402_205953_625.jpgIMG_20200402_205953_623.jpgIMG_20200402_205953_624.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I can’t believe you throw them trout back Chris that would be smoker bound fir me.

Great fishing!

• Like 1

I can’t believe you throw them trout back Chris that would be smoker bound fir me.
Great fishing!
I can only eat so much smoked fish and my wife doesn't like it so the 2 or 3 salmon I keep each year is enough to last me. I'm not a big fan of eating trout.

5 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Honestly it was a bit slow for this spot but another week or two should be 75-100 fish days!

I don’t know about where you fish but the Smallies jump in the boat here starting in 2 weeks...

When they are defending nests you can catch the same 5lb bronze over and over again 

10 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Honestly it was a bit slow for this spot but another week or two should be 75-100 fish days!

pretty sure i know about where your at.  lol   Yeah def some fun right there.  Planning on getting out tomorrow mostly to test out boat but throw a line and try for a few yellow and white perch.  

I don’t know about where you fish but the Smallies jump in the boat here starting in 2 weeks...
When they are defending nests you can catch the same 5lb bronze over and over again 
These fish are staging in pre spawn mode right now, they won't spawn for another month or two. The warmer water pulls them in.

Almost forgot! My buddy was popping the hook out of a smallie and was like, "What the hell is in this fish's mouth!?" We took it out and it was a baby snapping turtle! Strange! I didn't think it was warm enough for baby snappers to even be born yet?? IMG_7494.jpgIMG_7492.jpg

7 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Almost forgot! My buddy was popping the hook out of a smallie and was like, "What the hell is in this fish's mouth!?" We took it out and it was a baby snapping turtle! Strange! I didn't think it was warm enough for baby snappers to even be born yet?? IMG_7494.jpgIMG_7492.jpg

That must have been a hatchling from last year....Snappers generally lay their eggs around June and they hatch in July or august...  I think their growth rate is slow also.. A newly hatched snapping turtle would be half that size..

Edited by Pygmy

That must have been a hatchling from last year....Snappers generally lay their eggs around June and they hatch in July or august...  I think their growth rate is slow also.. A newly hatched snapping turtle would be half that size..
That's what I figured too, this fella was only maybe a half dollar size at best. I assumed a year old turtle would be larger than that by now?

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

That's what I figured too, this fella was only maybe a half dollar size at best. I assumed a year old turtle would be larger than that by now?

Might have been a late hatch, perhaps September  ?  A turtle hatchling wouldn't have much time to grow before winter, and he certainly wouldn't grow much  during winter while dormant...

• Like 1