Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

8 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Disregard my last post. I believe there is 17" perch caught in the private Rez waters. I'm saying you can go on Erie and catch 50 of them on a good day.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

There should be ,the only time they keep fish is if they can nail it to the wall to show everybody. 

• Like 1

I would need to see the proof. Let's keep in mind there's prob 40 boats with 3 men boxing out daily or coming close, JUST out of one port on Erie. That's thousands of 12"+ perch daily. No Rez can compare.   

I'll wait....

I wasn’t comparing numbers or fish on a Great Lake to a small reservoir, I was talking about the laughable comment on contamination tasting fish from Lake Erie. 

Why would anyone fish Lake Erie for perch more than once per year with all the eating restrictions due to contamination. Are women and children even allowed to eat them?

Of course a Catskills or Hudson Valley reservoir fish will taste way better than a Great Lakes fish. It’s common sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I wasn’t comparing numbers or fish on a Great Lake to a small reservoir, I was talking about the laughable comment on contamination tasting fish from Lake Erie

How would you know though ? You've never eaten fish from either side of the state. 

How would you know though ? You've never eaten fish from either side of the state. 

Not true. I’ve eaten yellows from Erie, Ontario and several finger lakes as a kid. But it’s not rocket science to know cleaner water fish taste better

I wasn’t comparing numbers or fish on a Great Lake to a small reservoir, I was talking about the laughable comment on contamination tasting fish from Lake Erie. Why would anyone fish Lake Erie for perch more than once per year with all the eating restrictions due to contamination. Are women and children even allowed to eat them?

Of course a Catskills or Hudson Valley reservoir fish will taste way better than a Great Lakes fish. It’s common sense

You have no idea what your saying.

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

Good day, landed a giant Steelie and got into a few good fish also..IMG_20200408_140534075.jpgIMG_20200408_110638719.jpgIMG_20200408_105018807_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Your definitely a Fishoholic!!!!

Are these and the brown trout average size for all of NY rivers and streams?

• Like 1

Your definitely a Fishoholic!!!!
Are these and the brown trout average size for all of NY rivers and streams?
Average is very much in relation to the place I'm fishing. For stream browns where I fish, 14-16 is a nice fish. Lake Ontario tributaries, a nice brown to me is 8-10 lbs. For the Salmon River, an average steelhead is 5-6 lbs. The big Steelie I caught today was around 12. That's an exceptional Steelie anywhere in NY.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 5

“Meanwhile, there were five trucks with boat trailers backed in the parking lot above, apparently owned by anglers who were out fishing on the lake.” Nice work, detective!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

“Meanwhile, there were five trucks with boat trailers backed in the parking lot above, apparently owned by anglers who were out fishing on the lake.” Nice work, detective!

Hey you never know one of them could have been from the Mafia fitting someone with concrete shoes! 

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRhttps://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026

Im sorry but this is getting ridiculous. Forget essential, if someone can work safely, LET THEM WORK. This will now devolve into everyone closing/cancelling everything because they are terrified to be the one event not cancelled where someone gets sick. At some point it has to end. Im not saying now or in the next month but now events in July and August are being cancelled?!

• Sad 1

Not gonna compare my bitching about fishing to what some people are going thru in the least.  

BUT .... Kick a guy in the balls.  New boat this year, a statement from DEC saying Oneida lake is going to be the best ever with a million walleye, and then close the launches!!  I can see the launch driveway from my house in the front and waves breaking on the pier in the back.  

After a tough day at work, this was a bitter one to wash down, when your just looking forward to a day on the water. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Not gonna compare my bitching about fishing to what some people are going thru in the least.  

BUT .... Kick a guy in the balls.  New boat this year, a statement from DEC saying Oneida lake is going to be the best ever with a million walleye, and then close the launches!!  I can see the launch driveway from my house in the front and waves breaking on the pier in the back.  

After a tough day at work, this was a bitter one to wash down, when your just looking forward to a day on the water. 

I hope they get this thing straightened out by the third Saturday in June, when bass season opens.   I have not done much fishing prior to that in recent years anyhow, but I use to when my boat was new (It is over 30 years old now).  I spent a lot of time then pike and walleye fishing after the first Saturday in May.  Maybe they will relax the restrictions a bit by then and you can still go after that million.   

Edited by wolc123

Launch it and take your truck back home.