Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

11 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That was my initial thought but this is what they did at the South shore launch. Hoping they don't block off the one near me like this. 

FB_IMG_1586469892109.jpg

That really sucks! I have had to move more than 1 boulder to get at a lake before..  After the state decided to make a nice new "improved" boat launch. Accessible only by cartop . If anybody knows this area at all , it wasn't to stop overcrowding. 

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How will the fisherman stand 6ft apart in town pool of salmon river?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opening fri night of walleye ought to be interesting.  With no one able to launch a boat and the canal wall in Sylvan is always lined up with people anyway.  Its a big event - people selling food and coffee and hot chocolate.  People get there hours ahead of time to get a spot.  This season will be an early spawn so most of the eyes will be back in the lake,  But it ought to be interesting with no launches if someone is going to tell people they cant fish there too. #brawl@thewall  (which is what they call a little local fall tourney they have one night a year there, but may have more meaning now) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ncountry said:

That really sucks! I have had to move more than 1 boulder to get at a lake before..  After the state decided to make a nice new "improved" boat launch. Accessible only by cartop . If anybody knows this area at all , it wasn't to stop overcrowding. 

had that happen in your area - went up to fish a lake in Redwood area and the "launch" had boulders across it.  For cartop only ?  We had a 14ft aluminum with a 9hp and carried it over.  lol.  Good fishing too.  I think it was moon lake? A bunch of nice little lakes in that area with some great fishing . 

• Like 1

opening fri night of walleye ought to be interesting.  With no one able to launch a boat and the canal wall in Sylvan is always lined up with people anyway.  Its a big event - people selling food and coffee and hot chocolate.  People get there hours ahead of time to get a spot.  This season will be an early spawn so most of the eyes will be back in the lake,  But it ought to be interesting with no launches if someone is going to tell people they cant fish there too. #brawl@thewall  (which is what they call a little local fall tourney they have one night a year there, but may have more meaning now) 

So there’s the reason...getting to the fishing is the gathering they are preventing?!? Trying to see “their” logic is like trying to looking through mud

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So to recap: liquor stores=ok, launching a boat=dangerous and unnecessary

Tax revenue from beer and liquor trumps tax revenue from boat launches and marinas. The state is not solely interested in our well being. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

had that happen in your area - went up to fish a lake in Redwood area and the "launch" had boulders across it.  For cartop only ?  We had a 14ft aluminum with a 9hp and carried it over.  lol.  Good fishing too.  I think it was moon lake? A bunch of nice little lakes in that area with some great fishing . 

Ha.ha.  ha. That is one of them . They called the cops too.. no tickets.  The locals on the lake suck. They have ski boats and jet skis , but launch is carry in only..Just plain ignorant.. on a better note. The largest stringer of bass I've ever witnessed came out of that lake 5 bass . The smallest was just over 20". There was 4 of us in 2 different boats. Our boat was limited out but nowhere near those sizes. The other had the monster haul and his partner caught 2.. .lol

This was over 20 years ago and rubber worms seemed to be just catching on. Back before they were salt impregnated and it took some skill to catch bass on a worm.This guy was a rubber worm master .

.I love those Indian river lakes. My favorite crappie and bass fishing lakes..My camp is on Yellow..

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, crappyice said:

So there’s the reason...getting to the fishing is the gathering they are preventing?!? Trying to see “their” logic is like trying to looking through mud

people line up here along this wall on both sides of canal for opening night - fishing off shore.  Without being able to launch a boat it will be double the people.  Sylvan-Beach-NY.jpg

40 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Ha.ha.  ha. That is one of them . They called the cops too.. no tickets.  The locals on the lake suck. They have ski boats and jet skis , but launch is carry in only..Just plain ignorant.. on a better note. The largest stringer of bass I've ever witnessed came out of that lake 5 bass . The smallest was just over 20". There was 4 of us in 2 different boats. Our boat was limited out but nowhere near those sizes. The other had the monster haul and his partner caught 2.. .lol

This was over 20 years ago and rubber worms seemed to be just catching on. Back before they were salt impregnated and it took some skill to catch bass on a worm.This guy was a rubber worm master .

.I love those Indian river lakes. My favorite crappie and bass fishing lakes..My camp is on Yellow..

oh no kidding!  thats cool.  I and 5 fishing buddies we used to rent a camp on sixberry lake for a 4 day weekend.  We would split off in three boats of two guys and all fish a different lake in the morn then come back and have lunch and hit sixberry for the night by the camp.  My fav was Hyde lake - my personal best day of fishing - 84 bass!  i went thru like 10 bags of senkos.  And one of my favorite days of catching smallies was on Millsite.  They were all monsters!  Actually my avatar pic is me on Millsite lake holding a smallie.  That was a few years ago too.  Might have floated right by you!  What was great was all the lakes offered something different from bass to walleye to musky to trout.  The camp got sold so we didnt go there anymore and i sure miss it. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

oh no kidding!  thats cool.  I and 5 fishing buddies we used to rent a camp on sixberry lake for a 4 day weekend.  We would split off in three boats of two guys and all fish a different lake in the morn then come back and have lunch and hit sixberry for the night by the camp.  My fav was Hyde lake - my personal best day of fishing - 84 bass!  i went thru like 10 bags of senkos.  And of my favorite days of catching smallies was on Millsite.  They were all monsters!  Actually my avatar pic is me on Millsite lake holding a smallie.  That was a few years ago too.  Might have floated right by you!  What was great was all the lakes offered something different from bass to walleye to musky to trout.  The camp got sold so we didnt go there anymore and i sure miss it. 

You ever find Grass Lake? The best of them imo. Tricky to find. You wont find it by accident..lol

I lease my spot @Yellow. Just as difficult to find the driveway. But they have small cabins they rent /day/or week. Not fancy but great spot. We are usually booked out a year in advance for weekends but you never no.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Lake/Yellow-Lake-Camp-Site-314906001396/

1 minute ago, ncountry said:

You ever find Grass Lake? The best of them imo. Tricky to find. You wont find it by accident..lol

I lease my spot @Yellow. Just as difficult to find the driveway. But they have small cabins they rent /day/or week. Not fancy but great spot. We are usually booked out a year in advance for weekends but you never no.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Lake/Yellow-Lake-Camp-Site-314906001396/

we checked it out but didnt fish it.  If i remember it was real small.  We hit millsite, hyde, sixberry, red, lake of the woods, butterfield, moon and clear.  Lake of the woods was supposed to have trout and landlocks in it.  I fished it for 6 hours trolling and never caught a trout but got small northerns and bass.  We got some nice walleye out of sixberry though. But we sure had to work for them.  

Sixberry eyes 2010 trip.JPG

• Like 1

How will the fisherman stand 6ft apart in town pool of salmon river?

You could fish 30 guys in the town pool at 6 ft apart. On Wednesday there were only like 5 guys at town pool, the rest of the river was pretty barren. I think I saw 4-5 people all day.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

we checked it out but didnt fish it.  If i remember it was real small.  We hit millsite, hyde, sixberry, red, lake of the woods, butterfield, moon and clear.  Lake of the woods was supposed to have trout and landlocks in it.  I fished it for 6 hours trolling and never caught a trout but got small northerns and bass.  We got some nice walleye out of sixberry though. But we sure had to work for them.  

Sixberry eyes 2010 trip.JPG

Who's the slim, good looking young stud on the left ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Used to do an overnight stay at Grass when I was a lot younger with my Dad. I have also fished Buttefiel, Sixberry, Moon. My Dad has fished them all. There is some real good fishing up there. I even looked at a couple properties on a couple of them years back. Be a great place to have a camp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

people line up here along this wall on both sides of canal for opening night - fishing off shore.  Without being able to launch a boat it will be double the people.  Sylvan-Beach-NY.jpg

When I was young and very dumb about 30 years ago. We would canoe out to the end of the rocks all broken up. Tie up the canoe and get on the rocks and cast Rapallas for walleyes in May in the middle of the night with waves crashing into you. We use to clean up on the eyes!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Used to do an overnight stay at Grass when I was a lot younger with my Dad. I have also fished Buttefiel, Sixberry, Moon. My Dad has fished them all. There is some real good fishing up there. I even looked at a couple properties on a couple of them years back. Be a great place to have a camp.

A group of locals from down here in Dogpatch  used to go up to a Grass Lake every Memorial Day weekend, rent  a fleabag cottage and fish for spawning bluegills..They always caught buckets full of slab bluegills...I am wondering if it was the same lake...What's the nearest town ?  A couple of the old farts are still alive and I may be able to get some info from them..  I never made the trip myself, but wish I had....

45 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yes sir it is!

After this year. I'm in the market for my own piece. Leasing the camp for the past 12 years or so has been great and cheap.. but this crisis has locked me out of camp until at least 5/15.. I'm not having that again if I can help it..