Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

I ain’t scared sharing cause the piece of the water I fish is a walk...up by Brewster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever fish the Pomeraug River in CT. I did one summer about 10 years ago because a guy I worked with told me
About it. I would
Catch rainbow, brown, brook and even a tiger trout once. All on spinning but fly fisherman did way better

• Like 1

Hehehehe,,,If I ever called  my Old fat Father  " Daddy"  he would have swatted me....My sister could get away with it because she was a girl...She still IS a girl, in fact  Kind of an OLD one, but a girl nonetheless...
Have it your way. Call me daddy and I'll spank you.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

292f732d251aa0d01d5ee344df725a70.png&key=2352a9ef1a1b704c2f2de737798eb8ed8259f99c4a33ffe0c6738e82e8d68ef8

Tried local stream today for 45min. First time with 0 Bites. [mention]crappyice [/mention] sent me to this spot so I blame him not my 8lb Cajun red line.

That is my fault. I forgot that you’re not as sophisticated with the stream fishing and use one of those commoner spinning things instead of the aristocratic fly rod.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I caught my first dry fly trout of the season this afternoon...

Awesome hatch of Hendricksons , but the trout were largely ignoring them, at least on the surface...Damn flies were landing on me and there were so many on the water it was hard for me to keep track of MY fly..

Found a seam with a couple of trout rising sporadically, and  after  a lot of effort trying to get a good drift, finally raised them both..The first did not hook up, but I landed the second...A beautiful fat brownie about 13" with gorgeous color, including the white edged fins...

• Like 9

That is my fault. I forgot that you’re not as sophisticated with the stream fishing and use one of those commoner spinning things instead of the aristocratic fly rod.

It’s a beauty of a bass rod. It was 7ft before my wife closed the car door on it in 2010. Now it’s about 5.5ft. The 8lb red Cajun line is from 2008 I believe.

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It’s a beauty of a bass rod. It was 7ft before my wife closed the car door on it in 2010. Now it’s about 5.5ft. The 8lb red Cajun line is from 2008 I believe.

wait you have just one?  this doesnt make sense.   Time to upgrade.  Hell the wife wont mind shes the one that broke it!  

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

wait you have just one?  this doesnt make sense.   Time to upgrade.  Hell the wife wont mind shes the one that broke it!  

She broke my go-to bass rod in 2010. My regular setups for reservoir trout are baitfeeder reels. So in order to fish these streams like an elitist bowhunter/peashooter trout guy, I had to turn to the bass rod. I haven't targeted bass in many years.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

She broke my go-to bass rod in 2010. My regular setups for reservoir trout are baitfeeder reels. So in order to fish these streams like an elitist bowhunter/peashooter trout guy, I had to turn to the bass rod. I haven't targeted bass in many years.

She broke it cause the rest of the world knows u don't fish trout with a bass rod.  Good for her.  Time to buy a new zebco!  Or to keep up with Matthews and weatherby better look thru an orvis catalog!  

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

She broke it cause the rest of the world knows u don't fish trout with a bass rod.  Good for her.  Time to buy a new zebco!  Or to keep up with Matthews and weatherby better look thru an orvis catalog!  

No. You're missing the story. She broke it in 2010 when i was using it for bass. It's an old okuma rod/reel bass setup. I wanna say that rod was $100 back then. I was pissed.

My trout setups for deep water are fenwick rods and okuma baitfeeder reels.

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No. You're missing the story. She broke it in 2010 when i was using it for bass. It's an old okuma rod/reel bass setup. I wanna say that rod was $100 back then. I was pissed.

Its time to get properly outfitted with a fly rod. The good news for you is that Fathers Day is now in play

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Its time to get properly outfitted with a fly rod. The good news for you is that Fathers Day is now in play

yes this - need a stream trout rod.  Cant be seen on a stream with a broken bass rod.  Thats just ridiculous.  No one will ever believe you shoot a Matthews.  - IE- "Buster" (trout guys will get this lol )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

yes this - need a stream trout rod.  Cant be seen on a stream with a broken bass rod.  Thats just ridiculous.  No one will ever believe you shoot a Matthews.  - IE- "Buster" (trout guys will get this lol )

I shoot Elites so naturally I fish a Sage

• Like 1

Bringing his red Hills Bro coffee Tin with BAIT!!!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

F no. I need less hobbies, not more. I only fished the streams because i'm not commuting home from work each day. Unless there is another pandemic, i'll never fish the streams again. I may quit fishing and golfing all together and just focus on October/November INCHES

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

F no. I need less hobbies, not more. I only fished the streams because i'm not commuting home from work each day. Unless there is another pandemic, i'll never fish the streams again. I may quit fishing and golfing all together and just focus on October/November INCHES

Give up football not fishing.  The chiefs hit their pinnacle time to move on.  Plus football is a holdup for inches in the fall. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Give up football not fishing.  The chiefs hit their pinnacle time to move on.  Plus football is a holdup for inches in the fall. 

Football is 3 hours per week. No way I give that up.

Fly fishing isn't a new hobby  it's an extension  of your fishing hobby. Kind of like refining  deer hunting to bow hunting .... dont fight it it's a natural progression... just except it ..  it's the light side of  the  force...

No way. Reservoir fishing with the rowing it’s much more enjoyable than standing in a creek trying to catch a bait-size trout

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That’s not fishing it’s waiting. Fly fishing is the true sweet science

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

that's the problem. too much additional math/science to add into my life.

• Like 1