Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

Went fishing for few hrs this morning with cousin.no luck at genny river so headed over to widewaters erie canal spill way then hit up canal for min.cousin got a largie on whopper plopper.smallie on jig and wake bait for me.small walleye on a blue fox spinner

imagejpeg_21.jpg

imagejpeg_20.jpg

19.jpg

imagejpeg_18.jpg

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Went fishing for few hrs this morning with cousin.no luck at genny river so headed over to widewaters erie canal spill way then hit up canal for min.cousin got a largie on whopper plopper.smallie on jig and wake bait for me.small walleye on a blue fox spinner

imagejpeg_20.jpg

Nice fish 

i picked up a few whopper ploppers over the winter i love fishing with top water.

5 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Mrs. Squirrel: The boat motor looks different.

Me: They waxed it.

Boat was repowered, shhhh. 

If you'll take me fishing, I'll call Mrs Squirrel and  tell her I work at the marina and explain why the cosmetic  changes I made on your motor make it look different..

However, it might not work, because up here in Dogpatch we speak a different dialect than you speak down there in Lawn Giland...

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Nice fish 

i picked up a few whopper ploppers over the winter i love fishing with top water.

Me too

Nothing like a topwater blow up.thats why i chose the wake bait also as it almost has a"walk the dog" action on the surface,that smallie crushed it.have done well on jitterbugs aswell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Boat limit of eyes for me and Corey in an hour.  Hitting like mad.   Released a couple then got out of there cause cant stand to release eyes. Love and hate those days. Didn't want to stop fishing but have fish to clean. Fish were stacked in spot we were in. 

Those days are the best.   I don't enjoy releasing ANY fish.  That is especially true for bass, which I find to be better eating than walleye or perch, since learning how to properly care for and prepare them.   Bass have more oil in them, so the meat stays moist while cooking, using "healthier" methods, such as baking, grilling, or broiling.  Fish-oil is very good for you, while vedgetable, or animal oil that is usually used for frying is not.  The key to the excellent taste of the bass, is to keep them alive and as fresh as possible, until the meat is removed and vacuum-sealed.   A live-well works wonderful for that.  I have worn out more live-well pumps than I have outboard motors.    Perch and walleyes do not have as much oil in them, and they tend to dry out too much in comparison to bass.   

To me, "catch and release" is mostly just the senseless maiming of a fine food source.   God gave man meat for food, not for sport.  That said, I ain't perfect and have done plenty of it,  usually when they are too big to be real good eating, or when they contain too many chemicals to be safe to eat.        

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

0f595371fbea18303012552cb17378e4.jpg
e708da9863760b465ab1a3c491ef1dc0.jpg
05c48b415608d841d0c1d9748dc1ca73.jpg
Caught 3 sheephead and 6 smb. Spinners for drum ? Who knew ?! The biggest smb didn’t get photo op

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are the sheepiemaster….You can catch sheepies on ANYTHING....You are truly my hero, Jay....  

• Haha 1

0f595371fbea18303012552cb17378e4.jpg&key=2d02cd0654a726786b1dd44f7633e98e03be97640f62bd2f5fa1fb1179e8c409
e708da9863760b465ab1a3c491ef1dc0.jpg&key=4e103a07338ac0dce28f92a26abe57c7fa31d906d55ebb85bb02fad5d707e0d2
05c48b415608d841d0c1d9748dc1ca73.jpg&key=29e868731ec52e9e5350e4125d9a92e3c8d308bb65f0bdde7591185b496febed
Caught 3 sheephead and 6 smb. Spinners for drum ? Who knew ?! The biggest smb didn’t get photo op

Sounds like a fun day! And Holy beard

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Sounds like a fun day! And Holy beard

TF is my inspiration  !!  I used to wear a beard more often than not... I have not worn one in ten years or so because the Mermaid doesn't like it..

WELL...This is MY protest for all the crap that has been going on....I'm going to grow my beard....The Mermaid will bitch about it, but  if she wasn't bitching about that, she'd be bitching about something else anyway....Hehehe....

Pygmy  goes wild and crazy growing his facial hair...Pretty pathetic , I know....Getting old ain't for sissies...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Pulled a decent (10.5in) largemouth out of Allen Lake this week, and this chubbier guy out of a private farm pond (with permission!).  Still trying to chase the trout (or decent largemouth) at Allen Lake with nooo luck. 

20200531_201651.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, KShadows said:

Pulled a decent (10.5in) largemouth out of Allen Lake this week, and this chubbier guy out of a private farm pond (with permission!).  Still trying to chase the trout (or decent largemouth) at Allen Lake with nooo luck. 

20200531_201651.jpg

This forum prefers hero pics with the forum member in the picture along with the fish.

• Like 1

20200531_201651.jpg.f72c3fb85735ce5875a4941f366ef4b4.jpg

Harwood Lake has been really slow for trout too I heard, maybe they didn’t get fish this year? That a nice LMB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro