Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Do you have an ID on the last turtle, Cynthia ?   I never saw one...Around here we have mostly snappers and painted turtles and a few softshells..I have also seen a couple of wood turtles...That one in your last picture is not any of those..

BTW...Nice pictures, Girlfriend  !!

It is a box turtle .  Only seen a few of them over there . Was a great find . Took her picture made sure it was a girl . Then let her go about her walk . 

• Like 1

She was not happy with me picking her up. She was on her way back from laying eggs . She is a snapper . 
Definitely braver than I am! No way am I touching a snapper that big while still in possession of it's head

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Lake Erie this morning. Big bass my buddy holding are both only 3.1 pounds on digital scale. Crazy fighters though. d5578ab1062d2a8ce6bafcaa35a905d8.jpg
81c778a2b6c364503c560736b581d6d4.jpg
2b99b189bfb8a4fd693b2cd669de2a29.jpg
21a0b86a0ba7c0d510d8dbda5d51f53e.jpg
42e7cde37142e0fd2d8f01997ce55bc6.jpg
2fbe59c5d8ebd3b0e49c3a98b348ae9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Only 3.1" 

I'd do some sketchy things to catch a bass that size. I'm lucky if I can find a pound!  Great fish! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My wife and I took the boat to Silver Lake, I fished, she worked the live well.  :)

Got into a good bunch of crappie and a few Rockies too. Released lots of both but peptide a dozen crappie and one RB. 

Lots of pleasure boat traffic made for a rough session.  The winds were stiff also but we could duck out pretty easy.  I only have one picture, after the fact!!

11995B7D-DB32-447E-B678-03D6CDB66E40.jpeg

• Like 10

18 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

It is a box turtle .  Only seen a few of them over there . Was a great find . Took her picture made sure it was a girl . Then let her go about her walk . 

Yes, box turtle.  My turtle biologist friend said this was a "particularly handsome specimen".  He also said there is a problem in NY with box turtles and the pet trade, people often release non-native box turtles into the wild.