Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yellows in shallow water lakes never compared to deep water whites from reservoir. Maybe it’s the water quality. I don’t bread or fry fish, so maybe that’d the difference. Fish is a healthy dinner so I grill or oven or pan, but never bread it or it defeats the purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Walleye and perch are tough to grill.  They are a very delicate fish and fall apart easy.  But they are good baked as well. Dunno where you've gotten white perch but for me can't beat a yellow.  Although I've eaten plenty of white perch and they are also good.  And anything from a deep cold lake is usually better.  Water temp here is still in the 60s even on the surface. 

As far as frying that goes for any kind of food.  It's better to grill it or bake it then deep fry, not just fish.  But no tastier way to have fresh walleye than deep fried.   

• Like 3

Walleye and perch are tough to grill.  They are a very delicate fish and fall apart easy.  But they are good baked as well. Dunno where you've gotten white perch but for me can't beat a yellow.  Although I've eaten plenty of white perch and they are also good.  And anything from a deep cold lake is usually better.  Water temp here is still in the 60s even on the surface. 
As far as frying that goes for any kind of food.  It's better to grill it or bake it then deep fry, not just fish.  But no tastier way to have fresh walleye than deep fried.   

Can’t put them in tin foil on grill? That’s how I Cook Branzino, snapper, founder, etc. all light & flaky

43 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Can’t put them in tin foil on grill? That’s how I Cook Branzino, snapper, founder, etc. all light & flaky

Walleye and perch don't have enough "fish oil" in them for good baking or grilling.  They dry out too much.   Bass is better grilled than either of those for that reason.  Bass has just enough oil in it to remain moist thru the grilling or baking process.   We fried a big, fresh lake Erie walleye last week and it was excellent cooked that way, but bass is never great fried (due to the oil in the meat before it goes in the frying pan).

I definitely prefer the bass for multiple reasons, the first being that they are way more fun to catch because they pull a lot more, pound for pound.   Secondly, grilled or baked fish is a lot healthier than fried fish.  Lastly, they are easier for me to find consistently.   The two tricks to making the bass taste good is to keep them alive and healthy until the meat is removed for eating or freezing, and drying (with paper towels), then vacuum sealing when freezing.  If you feel those bass fillets twitching as you pull them off the fish you know they will taste good.       

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You can but for them to come out we'll need to add butter, at least to me it seems.  And if doing that might as well deep fry them.  Any of those grilled or fried are good, can't lose.  But those eyes and perch cook fast and can get overdone easy.  Grilled with some lemon slices and some seasoned salt or a little Cajun seasoning in foil is still good, but the deep fryer for those is king for me.  I also tried the air fryer and was def disappointed in that.  

My wife and I took a little ride on the Erie Canal yesterday in Tonawanda/North Tonawanda and ran up the mighty Niagara till we got beat up by the cruisers.  I did a little casting in the canal right across from Ellicott Creek Park and hooked into and landed two baby walleye, each around 14".  

I'm going to hit up Treeguy's son Kaiden for some tips on landing the lunkers before my next try at it. :)

Andrew says I get the "Participation Trophy"...........

UMZb6Z6.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

And this happened b67ed20a34f02da5bfa5ed2e12397d01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got some smallie killers there Jay !  If you have any 2" twister tails feed them onto those spinner baits for added action.  Esp the white and Chartruese ones.   Or a small rubber craw trailer off the orange.  Nice haul.  Last year you were all about the lawn, glad you bagged that and took up more fishing!  Fish pics are way more interesting than lawn pics.   If you do any trout fishing the panther martin deluxe fly in gold 1/32 oz and 1/16 oz is a winner too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

My wife and I took a little ride on the Erie Canal yesterday in Tonawanda/North Tonawanda and ran up the mighty Niagara till we got beat up by the cruisers.  I did a little casting in the canal right across from Ellicott Creek Park and hooked into and landed two baby walleye, each around 14".  

I'm going to hit up Treeguy's son Kaiden for some tips on landing the lunkers before my next try at it. :)

Andrew says I get the "Participation Trophy"...........

UMZb6Z6.jpg

You ARE the participation trophy!

• Like 1

got some smallie killers there Jay !  If you have any 2" twister tails feed them onto those spinner baits for added action.  Esp the white and Chartruese ones.   Or a small rubber craw trailer off the orange.  Nice haul.  Last year you were all about the lawn, glad you bagged that and took up more fishing!  Fish pics are way more interesting than lawn pics.   If you do any trout fishing the panther martin deluxe fly in gold 1/32 oz and 1/16 oz is a winner too. 

4f1091dddb1824d92768103007bd6666.jpg
cb8505ae0e5298761ec7881003f9f609.jpg
d921677e84c4f019810fa44d7bab9f0f.jpg
The Catt might all be done. Water is so warm with a hot week of temps ahead. Only conjured up 2. Water turbid again and think digging upstream on the Rez

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

4f1091dddb1824d92768103007bd6666.jpg
cb8505ae0e5298761ec7881003f9f609.jpg
d921677e84c4f019810fa44d7bab9f0f.jpg
The Catt might all be done. Water is so warm with a hot week of temps ahead. Only conjured up 2. Water turbid again and think digging upstream on the Rez

they are just getting wise on your spinners.  Youve lipped enough of them that word is out on you fella! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Had an official maritime GTG with@otto and@pygmy today, we caught probably 75 ginormous panfish, some big smallies, and a few perch. Awesome morning on Keuka

Looks like a great day on the water - pretty calm day after the last couple. What's more handsome, the nice selection of fish or the group of fishermen?

Great day on the water and I learned a few new dirty jokes too! Fishing on a weekday just seems better than on a weekend, unless you are retired like Pygmy.       Genny Cream Ale at 10:30am tastes pretty dam good too! 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Otto said:

Great day on the water and I learned a few new dirty jokes too! Fishing on a weekday just seems better than on a weekend, unless you are retired like Pygmy.       Genny Cream Ale at 10:30am tastes pretty dam good too! 

What does the sign on an out-of-business brothel say?

Beat it. We’re closed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1