Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

Great day on the water and I learned a few new dirty jokes too! Fishing on a weekday just seems better than on a weekend, unless you are retired like Pygmy.       Genny Cream Ale at 10:30am tastes pretty dam good too! 

That one can just out of Pygmy’s reach looks more like an Ensure than a beer!
Nice day gentlemen....and Pygmy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, crappyice said:

That one can just out of Pygmy’s reach looks more like an Ensure than a beer!
Nice day gentlemen....and Pygmy!

If you drink Genny cream the LAST thing you need is ensure...Immodium, YES...……...

56 minutes ago, Otto said:

Great day on the water and I learned a few new dirty jokes too! Fishing on a weekday just seems better than on a weekend, unless you are retired like Pygmy.       Genny Cream Ale at 10:30am tastes pretty dam good too! 

10:30 AM..We started drinking late because we were too busy catching fish....

• Like 1

Actually, I am somewhat hurt because none of you mentioned how distinguished my Covid-19 GLM ( Geezer Lives Matter)  beard looks... Both Otto and TCIII commented on it, so I baited their hooks for them all morning..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I noticed some people interchange "white bass" and "white perch"....they are not the same fish though. There are NYS records for both separate species.

It is hard to tell the difference but line markings and fins are just a bit different.  Oneida has both of them .

• Like 1

BTW....I just wanted to mention to NYTRACKER  and CRAPPYICE, that those are STRIKE INDICATORS on our lines, not <<cringe>> bobbers....Tacks, Otto and I are much too accomplished fisherman to revert to using bobbers...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

BTW....I just wanted to mention to NYTRACKER  and CRAPPYICE, that those are STRIKE INDICATORS on our lines, not <<cringe>> bobbers....Tacks, Otto and I are much too accomplished fisherman to revert to using bobbers...

We refer to those as pistol targets in my boat.  

• Like 3

BTW....I just wanted to mention to NYTRACKER  and CRAPPYICE, that those are STRIKE INDICATORS on our lines, not > bobbers....Tacks, Otto and I are much too accomplished fisherman to revert to using bobbers...

#BobbersLivesMatter

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Actually I'm a big fan of slip bobbers.  Caught a lot of fish on them.  But I've never been able to bring myself to a bobber on a fly rod.  It just feels wrong.

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Actually I'm a big fan of slip bobbers.  Caught a lot of fish on them.  But I've never been able to bring myself to a bobber on a fly rod.  It just feels wrong.

yeah..Kinda like a condom in a cathouse..... That's why I use "strike indicators" instead of bobbers...

I guess you could call me a "purist"....Hehehe....

Edited by Pygmy

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Actually, I am somewhat hurt because none of you mentioned how distinguished my Covid-19 GLM ( Geezer Lives Matter)  beard looks... Both Otto and TCIII commented on it, so I baited their hooks for them all morning..

And you are truly a master baiter!

• Like 2

Lol  I use strike indicators on occasion... what ever it takes to catch fish .  Not my preferred method ... but when the fish want it low and slow ... a bobber is awesome  er um I meant indicator .

Ok but then I know you just tie on a big bushy simulator and put a dropper off the back. The big bush is the best indicator of something going on....have at it Pygmy- teed one up for you!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I doubt a size 2 stimulator will support a  size 8 tungsten stonefly  in any kind of current .......

As far as bushy .... landing strip maybe...  bushy ... nope  I grew  up in the 80s not the 70s

I grew up in the 60s..Was a married man in 1971  Got married the day TCIII was born...I like 'em  fully feathered and natural...

It was in the late 1960s when Playboy Mag showed pubic hair for the first time ...Pretty spicy stuff at the time...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

No need to talk about the two dummies trying to get the outboard running, giving up and running the electric all day, only to realize 100 yards from the launch that the fuel hose was on backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you guys launch out of Penn Yan? If so, how was the launch and channel?

• Like 1

Dan i'm heading out tomorrow with friends going to try the state park side two of them have never been fishing from a boat. going to try and dreadge up some lakers and what ever else will bite the hooks. or do suggest penn yan side. looks like you were'nt that far from the outlet

Edited by oldkevin

49 minutes ago, oldkevin said:

Dan i'm heading out tomorrow with friends going to try the state park side two of them have never been fishing from a boat. going to try and dreadge up some lakers and what ever else will bite the hooks. or do suggest penn yan side. looks like you were'nt that far from the outlet

Hi Kevin  !!   I haven't   launched out of the state park, so I don't know what is going on there..Usually good bass, perch and laker fishing there, though..Last time I fished  lakers a friend and I took two limits ( 10 total)   in about three hours..We were trolling Sutton 31s and 44s on three leader rigs near bottom in around 100 fow near the west side, in front of The Waterfront, Jake's boat livery and the yacht club, but that was about  a month ago.If you want panfish, we have been getiing  lots of big bluegills and sunfish on the Penn Yan end...Yesterday we were fishing around the outer bouys just outside the channel  a couple hundred yards from shore in front of Indian Pines Park in about   8 -10  FOW.. Look for the  beds, light colored patches on the bottom   and you can catch as many as you want to clean  ..Easy fishing, a  redworm on a small hook or jighead suspended  a foot or two off bottom under a bobber..Another good spot  on that end is  in front of the water works ( big brick building) on the west side  in about 10-12 FOW..You might have to move around a little to find them but once you locate the beds  you can catch all you want...

Good luck...P.S. if you do decide to fish lakers and launch at Branchport, a good place to start this time of the year is right in front of the boat launch

6 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Hi Kevin  !!   I haven't   launched out of the state park, so I don't know what is going on there..Usually good bass, perch and laker fishing there, though..Last time I fished  lakers a friend and I took two limits ( 10 total)   in about three hours..We were trolling Sutton 31s and 44s on three leader rigs near bottom in around 100 fow near the west side, in front of The Waterfront, Jake's boat livery and the yacht club, but that was about  a month ago.If you want panfish, we have been getiing  lots of big bluegills and sunfish on the Penn Yan end...Yesterday we were fishing around the outer bouys just outside the channel  a couple hundred yards from shore in front of Indian Pines Park in about   8 -10  FOW.. Look for the  beds, light colored patches on the bottom   and you can catch as many as you want to clean  ..Easy fishing, a  redworm on a small hook or jighead suspended  a foot or two off bottom under a bobber..Another good spot  on that end is  in front of the water works ( big brick building) on the west side  in about 10-12 FOW..You might have to move around a little to find them but once you locate the beds  you can catch all you want...

Good luck...P.S. if you do decide to fish lakers and launch at Branchport, a good place to start this time of the year is right in front of the boat launch

I thought those were secret spots?? Why was I blindfolded and tied up on the way there????

• Haha 1