Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

I just hooked up a Block Island run for 50lb stripers in late July, cant wait! [mention=1547]TreeGuy[/mention] already explained to me that they will pull like a 16lb king salmon...

Nothing competes with those salmon. They come from Pacific Ocean through the Saint Lawrence and then fight their asses off TreeGuy told me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

Nothing competes with those salmon. They come from Pacific Ocean through the Saint Lawrence and then fight their asses off TreeGuy told me

That’s one hell of a journey especially if they don’t want to pay to use the Panama Canal

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That’s one hell of a journey especially if they don’t want to pay to use the Panama Canal

The ones they catch in Lake Michigan and Superior are the REALLY tough ones....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Just went down to the ocean for a look sea (lol see what I did I there). The BIG pond is flat and beautiful. Too bad I have a bunch of things to do today :sorry: I will get ready for a trip to the reef tomorrow and hopefully post up some pics of some delicious Black Sea Bass. Here’s to hoping the sharks aren’t a problem. 

Take Pippen for a decoy......

Just be kind when you are unhooking those sharks.. BSLM..BrownSharksLivesMatter…

Edited by Pygmy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My buddy and I fished Whitney Point Reservoir today until the sun chased us off. We went with the intentions of fishing for walleyes because we got into them pretty good last weekend. Unfortunately, they were not cooperating at all.

We decided to head to the shoreline while the fog and cloud cover was in our favor to fish for some bass. It ended up being a good choice because we were in them right off the bat and they stayed biting until the sun got to be too much.

I was using a Heddon Torpedo in white with a black fish pattern on it, and a tiny torpedo in frog pattern. My buddy was using a lure similar to a Whopper Plopper, in white, silver and black. I know it wasn't a plopper, but have no idea what it was.

We were catching Smallmouth in depths of 6 inches to 8 feet on the topwater lures. For the most part it was quantity and not quality, with the biggest being just shy of 3 pounds. Most were in the 1-2 pound category. I couldn't believe how shallow they were. We could see a "V" from the fish coming to hit our lures.

When the sun broke through, I switched to a Zoom worm in Cajun Craw color to try and pick up some largemouth, but still kept catching smallmouth. Fun morning with a good buddy that is fortunate that he was free two weekends in a row.

• Like 5

Well..........details..... 
Whatcha catching..... Watcha get em on..... What color you using....... 
He has been MIA all day, so either slaying them, skunked, or fuel line is backwards again.....we may never know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well..........details..... 
Whatcha catching..... Watcha get em on..... What color you using....... 

We worked hard to get three, big seas! Orange jointed rapalas in 44’. We marked a lot of fish2e2cdcd8b1b351076671de775059623b.jpg04e536ba422c8424a10424e60011d42e.mov44310e380762b7d4c202dcfeb162c708.jpgWe had two guys chumming too lol

• Like 2

Sorry didn’t post this yesterday. Came home got the boat squared away and filleted the fish...then crashed on the couch, lol. 

The ocean started out with moderately spaced 3 footers then was flat calm by the time I headed in. 

It wasn’t the lock and load, up and down fishing I was hoping for but we managed a boat limit and between me, little squirrel and “the crew” we landed at least 150 fish. I had the big one at 5 pounds, little squirrel came in second at 4. 

15A03BCA-72D1-4925-9D6F-537C32DED766.jpeg

343C8271-69EA-47C5-9E08-B45DE327E52C.jpeg

Edited by squirrelwhisperer
  • Like 11

14 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

You're going to need a bigger freezer, Rob  !!…<<grin>>….

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve got some room in mine 

We were throwing them back just to fish an extra 1/2 hour. This lake is so chucked right now it's amazing.   

Today's catch my buddy took em who is full time military and he's giving them to a guy at work for his family.  So can't think of a better way to go than filling a veteran"s freezer on the 4th of July!! 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve got some room in mine 

16 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Hey, I'm a veteran too, you know....<<GRIN>>….

I'd tell you guys to meet us at the launch at 5am tomorrow, but we both said we are taking a break tomorrow. Last two morns of 4am gonna take a day off. I think. Lol