Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

17 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

a Little late but yesterdays journey with the kiddos.. little different form of fun from the Water lol.

Got my dads 86 Bayliner running good.. 35 yrs old and only 112 hours on the boat. 

Looks like you had a fun day! What lake?

• Like 1

I'm going to swim a stickbait around one of the walleye holes in my local river this morning for an hour or so...

After that, I'll take my screen and hoe and see if I can catch a few dobson, my favorite summer bait for bass and perch....

• Like 4

I'm going to swim a stickbait around one of the walleye holes in my local river this morning for an hour or so...
After that, I'll take my screen and hoe and see if I can catch a few dobson, my favorite summer bait for bass and perch....
I know you have at least 1 proven walleye stickbait...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

8697ff99e5e39f746c82bac3cd751711.jpg
d2d3fef3e99bc19c5b00e3a5973f2a73.jpg
7a8c0f41398afe2d3f23532db006d5ec.jpg
Upper Niagara yesterday morning. Mustered up 27 between 2 of us. River temp 77.6 and Erie temp 76 for new record. Bass fishing those is donesville .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lake erie gets tougher when it gets warm but that is my favorite time on the upper Niagara.  You just got to find a deep enough spot with current and you will find plenty of big smallies.  The growth rates have got great since the gobbies came along.

I have found them  on Erie on occasion then but it is much easier to do farther from Buffalo.  Heading south from Dunkirk is best.  There are larger concentrations of bass down there where they don't see as much pressure from cormorants and people.  The bigger ones usually suspend.  They are fun but not as good eating.  I often have to deal with them while trying to get my bait down to the smaller, tastier ones below.

T

Lake erie gets tougher when it gets warm but that is my favorite time on the upper Niagara.  You just got to find a deep enough spot with current and you will find plenty of big smallies.  The growth rates have got great since the gobbies came along.
I have found them  on Erie on occasion then but it is much easier to do farther from Buffalo.  Heading south from Dunkirk is best.  There are larger concentrations of bass down there where they don't see as much pressure from cormorants and people.  The bigger ones usually suspend.  They are fun but not as good eating.  I often have to deal with them while trying to get my bait down to the smaller, tastier ones below.

T

I had a multiple six lber day along the bluffs the only time I fished out of Sturgeon Point, it was incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had a multiple six lber day along the bluffs the only time I fished out of Sturgeon Point, it was incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I caught my biggest smallie ever out of that port about 15 years ago - 23" long.   That was too big to eat so I let it go.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

8697ff99e5e39f746c82bac3cd751711.jpg
d2d3fef3e99bc19c5b00e3a5973f2a73.jpg
7a8c0f41398afe2d3f23532db006d5ec.jpg
Upper Niagara yesterday morning. Mustered up 27 between 2 of us. River temp 77.6 and Erie temp 76 for new record. Bass fishing those is donesville .

Jay your slacking this year on the sheepies!  You've been a smallie killer. 

FB_IMG_1594121443555.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2020 at 6:56 AM, Robhuntandfish said:

Burying the lead.....how was the fishing???

This was at Dunkirk a few weeks ago, full report earlier in thread lol. Caught a ton of smallies and rockies. I just found this thing in my truck. I told my friend to leave it there, it looks important and someone might be back but apparently he didnt listen

• Like 1

The Nitro was not an option outside the wall on Lake Erie this morning with whitecaps so hugged the inside. Fishing was tough. Managed to beat out the owner of the boat which doesn’t happen often as he’s up front and on the trolling motor. Cheerios smelled good from General Mills 199d39e97f891c30cca6e1b6ca68b19a.jpg
82397b31ca28a5c67eb5c8c5b6175e82.jpg
8adafb71bf4659db08eb593c4ddbef4d.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Had the day off tomorrow but have to go in for an afternoon meeting.  But the am is def gonna be spent on the water.....looking forward to it with baited breath esp after no fishing last weekend. And this coming weekend looks a bit iffy.

Good lick bro.... enjoy

• Thanks 1