Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

34 minutes ago, Otto said:

I need to learn how to dig out the walleye cheeks.  Supposedly the best part of the fish. 

I always keep them. They have the consistency more like a scallop.  I make cheek chowder every winter with them. Really good.  

It's easy to do. Just follow the cheek, make a circle there with the fillet knife. Takes just a second. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not sure I’ve ever caught a walleye in my life. No musky either. 

Wait .... What..... You live right next to Erie and never got a walleye ...this can't be right.  And you fish Erie , never got one while bass fishing?  They don't fight like a bass but are def tastier. And I get them on light tackle so they do fight decent when u get a good one. 

How can this be ...say it ain't so....

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Wait .... What..... You live right next to Erie and never got a walleye ...this can't be right.  And you fish Erie , never got one while bass fishing?  They don't fight like a bass but are def tastier. And I get them on light tackle so they do fight decent when u get a good one. 

How can this be ...say it ain't so....

Sadly true. Never fished directly for them and no incidental hook ups. Daughter caught a good one years back and made our newspaper. She’s one ahead of me 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Sadly true. Never fished directly for them and no incidental hook ups. Daughter caught a good one years back and made our newspaper. She’s one ahead of me 

Gotta put this on the bucket list then Jay. We could cure this quick if we weren't 3 hours apart. Lol.

Great catch for your daughter too. Cool it was in the paper. 

• Like 1

Live from the water GTG! Me, @The_Real_TCIII and @FISHDO on Oneida lake.  Got into a few but couldn't boat limit once the lake went flat and the sun beat down. Also got a few shorts.  But great morn on the water!  Tacks first Oneida eye!  

The boat launch alone I think was enough entertainment we could've just sat there and drank beers.  Huge BASS tourney when we got there then amateur hour when we got in. Lol.  Good day. Thanks for making the trip out Tacks. 

IMG_20200718_114049624.jpg

IMG_20200718_104643315.jpg

IMG_20200718_080220681.jpg

• Like 8

On 7/15/2020 at 11:22 AM, Otto said:

I need to learn how to dig out the walleye cheeks.  Supposedly the best part of the fish. 

I rarely target walleyes but usually end up with several accidental catches every year.  The cheeks are my favorite part.  Most of the time I eat them raw, right off the fillet knife.  A big swing of Genny cream is always good for washing them down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had an awesome time I really appreciate it! And those boat ramp shenanigans made me feel good about myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looked up that tourney and it is a two day event. Also the eastern division of bassmasters is supposed to be out Aug 6-8. That's always interesting.  I remember last time they were out when it was the elite series. It's quite a show. Helicopters and TV boats and drones..... Usually they launch out of the other end of the lake near brewerton though. 

But yeah we def saw it all there today . Just short of someone losing a vehicle and at least it wasn't us. Lol That launch is usually really peaceful with like 12-15 boats. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Looked up that tourney and it is a two day event. Also the eastern division of bassmasters is supposed to be out Aug 6-8. That's always interesting.  I remember last time they were out when it was the elite series. It's quite a show. Helicopters and TV boats and drones..... Usually they launch out of the other end of the lake near brewerton though. 
But yeah we def saw it all there today . Just short of someone losing a vehicle and at least it wasn't us. Lol That launch is usually really peaceful with like 12-15 boats. 

Are we leading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Up havin coffee.havent caught a fish the last few times i went,need a boat!!!heading to genny river in Rush/Industry area

plenty o fresh crawlers picked with the last rain we had and some crawfish to toss at em.hopefully next post will be fish pics

How’s it going out there ?