Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

@treeguy took me and my nephew out for kings and as usual, he got on fish! It was a rough start but once we got ca056e70b7cac8cb64a78394c2e7871c.jpgon them it was fast and furious. We landed four and lost one at the net. What an awesome night, Zach was literally shaking when his first king came aboard. Finding those kings is a science and Andrew is a mad scientist! 26306475ed9a0af95326aec8743098ba.jpga138c4a1c0689d3c1245534689395af8.jpg07cd0a9ee66d04dcfcdfb789cdcfd167.jpgf8dfc1299038f19a30998abfb5aab15f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My husband says ask him to take us lolol . Nice fish guys . Great memories  made. 

1 hour ago, TreeGuy said:

Agree. We wouldn't have left the harbor

We were greeted with solid 4's and a washing machine of water, while being hammered by 15+mph winds. Wet ride out !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You would be in Buff General on an IV right now to get your fluid levels back to normal

Yea F That. I'm not getting sea sick unless it's for Blue Marlin

5356e7c3ffb106e2e438edd0011c7746.jpg&key=81e0fe5b51c1c9b695d484d16fb2caaa72d2ed991391499b7d527bb5a4f9ef07tagged and bagged a8e9823c5f1e161849059d94e27593b7.jpg&key=d7d74b7b1f04537920ee4c14b066ffeb892201eb63660bc90c51c95788e53efcb80835bfa365ad4277ba03544cc62bff.jpg&key=dbedcc799605f1753972570187ca54e585474f42487b009198c9b739e426e619

You're gonna get all grass on the fish! Not to mention all that nasty toe jam from those unshoed feet

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

22 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Bass masters on the St Lawrence on ESPN now

watched it yesterday and currently watching.  After weighing smb all year and seeing what these fish weigh I bet I've never caught any one over 5  pounds

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

we've caught some absolute footballs this year too. Have to start measuring length now too for sure

Some def beautiful smallies for you this year.   I've caught a few, prob 10 -12 or less in my life, but a 5lb small mouth  bass isn't all that common in NY. Although a lot of people think it looks 5 lbs the scale is always (exception PA chart) the tell.  I can only think of two lakes I've ever got 5lb smallies out of.  One small amazing lake up in the Watertown area (which is in my avatar and also not a 5lber) and Delta lake. But nothing fights like a small mouth bass. 

• Like 2

Some def beautiful smallies for you this year.   I've caught a few, prob 10 -12 or less in my life, but a 5lb small mouth  bass isn't all that common in NY. Although a lot of people think it looks 5 lbs the scale is always (exception PA chart) the tell.  I can only think of two lakes I've ever got 5lb smallies out of.  One small amazing lake up in the Watertown area (which is in my avatar and also not a 5lber) and Delta lake. But nothing fights like a small mouth bass. 

I got two weighed 6lbers in just a few minutes in Erie a long time ago. I put both in the freezer to get at least one mounted and those fish were in there for three house changes lol.
Never did get a mount

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I got two weighed 6lbers in just a few minutes in Erie a long time ago. I put both in the freezer to get at least one mounted and those fish were in there for three house changes lol.
Never did get a mount

As many here know, I am not into scales.  My longest smallmouth was a 23 in about 20 years ago on lake Erie.  If I ever get one that size again I hope I would mount it.  I usually get one or two just over 20 inches each year but never keep them.

My father in law is still complaining about  my releasing a 22 incher up at his place a few Octobers ago.  He wants to decorate his Adirondack retirememt  home with mounts of local species.  I set him up with a buck in 2015, but I am still trying for the smallmouth, lake trout, and bear rug.

I hope to spend over a week up there this October so maybe I can work on those last 3.  I have yet to see a bear up there, my only laker (taken thru the ice), was too small to mount, and. no smallmouth over 20 inches for me up there since 2016.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Never did get a mount

Those two bass on a piece of driftwood would have awesome. But also expensive.  Two 6lbers is a career day. 

In the fall on Delta I've got some huge bass when they start drawing down the lake. And a lake in Jefferson co one year on a fishing trip me and Corey had a career day.  Multiple bass over 19" and some 21,22 inchers. There was one in the shallows I saw twice that I know was 7lbs. And could not get him to commit. 

• Like 2

I never weigh fish, I use the chest girth method, my bass are routinely 5-7lbs. Haha sorry Wolc, I had to....

In all seriousness, we catch hundreds of Lake Ontario bass each spring at arguably the heaviest weights they will be (spring) and only a handful go over 5 lbs. LOTS of 4-4.5's. The scale doesn't lie.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 4