Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

I never weigh fish, I use the chest girth method, my bass are routinely 5-7lbs. Haha sorry Wolc, I had to....

In all seriousness, we catch hundreds of Lake Ontario bass each spring at arguably the heaviest weights they will be (spring) and only a handful go over 5 lbs. LOTS of 4-4.5's. The scale doesn't lie.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Is there a better place to freshwater fish on the planet than WNY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm more eastern Ontario (Oswego area) but each affords about the same opportunities and I think growing up near such a great region of fisheries is easy to take for granted. I can limit on walleyes on Oneida in the morning, and spend the afternoon chasing trophy sized trout and salmon. It's hard to beat!

• Like 1

I'm more eastern Ontario (Oswego area) but each affords about the same opportunities and I think growing up near such a great region of fisheries is easy to take for granted. I can limit on walleyes on Oneida in the morning, and spend the afternoon chasing trophy sized trout and salmon. It's hard to beat!

You're west of the Hudson.

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Not if they don't have brook trout

Oh they have them down there....Just don't let your weinie dangle in the water when you take a leak...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Those two bass on a piece of driftwood would have awesome. But also expensive.  Two 6lbers is a career day. 

In the fall on Delta I've got some huge bass when they start drawing down the lake. And a lake in Jefferson co one year on a fishing trip me and Corey had a career day.  Multiple bass over 19" and some 21,22 inchers. There was one in the shallows I saw twice that I know was 7lbs. And could not get him to commit. 

Moon?

16 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'll take a run at it.   Eastern basin of Ontario - Henderson harbor for Kings etc. . A few minutes from Oneida that is on fire and the St Lawrence with the state record smallie and musky. Also not far from black lake which is bass heaven.  Then you have the salmon and Oswego rivers, Redfield reservoir.  

I think I would also pic the finger lake region over WNY too.  So many options and can fish no matter which wind direction without 5 footers. 

You guys have the deer capitol of NY your not taking fishing too!  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

Moon?

Lol. Almost just a cast away. Millsite for smallies is out of this world.  Then I like Hyde for largemouth. PB best largemouth day ever on Hyde with 84.  I went thru like 10 bags of Senkos that day. 

But moon is no slouch. Love those little lakes up there. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lol. Almost just a cast away. Millsite for smallies is out of this world.  Then I like Hyde for largemouth. PB best largemouth day ever on Hyde with 84.  I went thru like 10 bags of Senkos that day. 

But moon is no slouch. Let me those little lakes up there. 

My camp is on one of them.  It was 20 years ago , but I saw a limit of largemouth come out of one of those lakes.None were weighed , but the smallest was 20"  .oh and dont forget the monster crappie..;)

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 1:33 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Bass masters on the St Lawrence on ESPN now

Dunno if anyone is watching now but holy big seas out on the lake today. Nothing like drop shitting in 5-6 footers. Crazy. And no I didn't misspell "drop shotting"     it crazy watching them in those bass boats.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Dunno if anyone is watching now but holy big seas out on the lake today. Nothing like drop shitting in 5-6 footers. Crazy. And no I didn't misspell "drop shotting"     it crazy watching them in those bass boats.

I was watching but channel switched to soccer with fishing still on guide 

• Sad 1

Tc3 can confirm, dipsy shots on king's are breath taking in 5-6's

We had some swallow the transom on our adventure. Standard king chop

And no thanks to drop shotting in a bass boat, in any seas

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TreeGuy said:

Tc3 can confirm, dipsy shots on king's are breath taking in 5-6's

We had some swallow the transom on our adventure. Standard king chop

And no thanks to drop shotting in a bass boat, in any seas

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

It’s back on. Lady O is indeed angry. 1st-3rd place so close and nobody even close to those guys. 

I'm pretty sure their asses were clenching the pedestal seats on the front of those bass boats.  Lol.  

Kings on dipseys or smallies on drops in 5-6 footers you can have both in those seas. Not for me.  I also don't deer hunt from a treestand in a thunderstorm or turkey hunt in hail. Call me crazy. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I'm pretty sure their asses were clenching the pedestal seats on the front of those bass boats.  Lol.  

Kings on dipseys or smallies on drops in 5-6 footers you can have both in those seas. Not for me.  I also don't deer hunt from a treestand in a thunderstorm or turkey hunt in hail. Call me crazy. 

Reminds me of a quote from an old friend of mine..I can't remember the details, but he said he was so scared you couldn't pull a needle from his ass with a tractor......

• Like 4

After several false starts, I'm finally headed for Keuka this morning...Meeting a buddy in Campbell at 7:30...We should be on the water at Hammondsport by 8:30....I have lots of secret spots down that way...

• Like 4