Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Secret bait..But  "yes".....

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

After several false starts, I'm finally headed for Keuka this morning...Meeting a buddy in Campbell at 7:30...We should be on the water at Hammondsport by 8:30....I have lots of secret spots down that way...

secret bait and secret spot - this is gonna be big.  Better bring the big cooler and an extra fillet knife!   Good luck. But i know you dont need it! 

It was a slow morning for Keuka...We caught ten smallies, with 5 of them in the 3 -4 pound range...Put back all the big spawners and kept one 13-14 incher..  Only got 2 perch, but both were big..One was just shy of 14" and probably weighed 1.5 pounds...

I kept 7 big ( 10") rockies, which I am about to fry up for supper.....

The water was glass flat most of the morning, which nearly always makes for tough fishing...Still, a lovely morning on a lovely lake...

• Like 11

Creek was pretty shallow,small stockies swimming around in deeper area's.caught my first brown on a fly today.little bugger didnt let me get pic before he flopped off,got em on a royal coachman dry.saw a big fish come off bank so cousin started throwing a streamer.ended up missing nice pike 3 times in a deep hole.may go back this afternoon 

• Like 6

I caught my first trout  on a fly with a royal coachman also, about 58 years ago....He was a stockie brown and I  caught him from Meads Creek  near Hopper's bridge downstream of Monterey....

There was a hatch on, and I had no clue about matching it..Probably only had one or two patterns of dry fly...I picked the RC because it was pretty..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I caught my first trout  on a fly with a royal coachman also, about 58 years ago....He was a stockie brown and I  caught him from Meads Creek  near Hopper's bridge downstream of Monterey....

There was a hatch on, and I had no clue about matching it..Probably only had one or two patterns of dry fly...I picked the RC because it was pretty..

Cousin had set me up with something else that didnt seem to be working so i started tying others on till i got the reaction i wanted.saw him take after it slowly so i stripped the line three times fast and he nailed it.will learn more each time i go.deff a different kind of fishing im not used to!

• Like 1

More than likely heading to oatka creek for some browns friday morning.switching it up and going to toss some flies.any suggestions [mention=5278]The_Real_TCIII[/mention]

Looks like we will have some cooler weather? I'd throw terrestrials, ants and hoppers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did some serious bass fishing on Forked Lake. Solo camped and paddled for 3 days. The fishing was slow most of the time and I did a lot of exploring, but when I did catch fish they were usually 14-17 inch fighters.  Light Fenwick rod, 6 lb test.  Using senko's, wacky worm, and crank baits..

A week later we went up to see the kids who live right on the Grasse River.   Great small mouth bass fishing. Just awesome fighting fish. My best day was 16 fish in under two hours. I caught a few small (32") muskie too, lip hooked with the same 6lb test.  I hooked a few more, but they bit off the line ( no wire leader). One muskie gave me quite a tussle, he jumped fully up out of the water 3 times. Great memories on both trips, caught over 70 fish.

IMG_0851.JPG

P7180225.JPG

IMG_9704.JPG

P7170155.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_9893.JPG

IMG_9855.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

• Like 14

Oneida lake GTG with Fishdo and son, and Otto.  Didnt slay them but got few.  When we finally found them I played some defense and put a hook in my finger so Otto wouldn't out fish me.  Lol.  Thanks again for the first aid help!  Good day on the water!  

IMG_20200801_112142741.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 6

Oneida lake GTG with Fishdo and son, and Otto.  Didnt slay them but got few.  When we finally found them I played some defense and put a hook in my finger so Otto wouldn't out fish me.  Lol.  Thanks again for the first aid help!  Good day on the water!  

IMG_20200801_112142741.thumb.jpg.28ada72ff58e356347f8fa64ef806270.jpg

Gtg #2 at that table!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FISHDO said:

So in the last couple weeks I have met The_Real_TClll and Otto, both are awsome guys.  Good to meet you both and look forward to many more fishing trips. 

Great to meet both you and Rob in person, as well as a great day on the water. Thanks Rob for dropping the fist two hookups so I could have the fist eye in the boat!  Enjoy the Ruby Red and the Zinfandel, don’t drink it all at once! 

Oh, and I learned what FISHDO is! LOL!  

• Like 1

We may need to increase the minimum size of an official GTG to more than three.  Maybe minimum of 5 and beers must be consumed? 

52 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'd love to get down for another outing in your whip!

So in the last couple weeks I have met The_Real_TClll and Otto, both are awsome guys.  Good to meet you both and look forward to many more fishing trips. 

I met both of them and wasn’t impressed with either.

Just kidding. They are cool

• Like 1

We may need to increase the minimum size of an official GTG to more than three.  Maybe minimum of 5 and beers must be consumed? 

Or some diversity? At least we got@cynthiafu and[mention=789]elmo[/mention] . You guys got nothing in WNY!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Or some diversity? At least we got@cynthiafu and[mention=789]elmo[/mention] . You guys got nothing in WNY!

First two GTG s in CNY I've seen. So some novelty there. SENY and WNY have dominated. We need to see one in the Dacks

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1