Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

Catfish came out pretty good. I did a bit of a test, when I cubed up the meat I generally try to shave off and dark meat, fat etc. I intentionally left a few pieces with some dark meat in them. You could definitely taste a hint of the river is the way I would put it in the darker pieces. The white/clean meat was good with no "water" taste. Overall pretty decent eating! IMG_20200808_201026227.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 8

It has been many years since I used them,  but they were dynamite bait for big smallmouths in a lake I used to fish in Ontario, hooked through the lips and drifted near bottom in  15-25 FOW...

Then one time I caught a bunch and tried them in Keuka Lake, fishing the same way..All I caught was a big pickerel...

3 hours ago, johnplav said:

Ready to crush some bass in the AM

DD3FE886-9264-4DCA-831D-75A909904180.jpeg

The ultimate bass bait.. I havnt used them in years. We used to fish this tiny little lake out of a canoe and green grass frogs was the only thing the largemouth would hit. I still remember  the poor frogs swimming across the surface headed for shore. Lol..Bass rarely took them off the top , but engulfed them the minute they dove.. 

After a false start last Friday, I planning to fish Keuka this morning.... Picking up Two Buck Bob in Bath at 7:00 AM...

Plans are to launch at Jake's Boat Livery on the west side, or if it is too crowded, the State Park at Branchport...

• Like 4

i can out fish someone using a live frog with an artificial 9/10 times- come at me.  lol  

Ive used them but they tend to go belly up and not move much.  Give me a speed toad ripped over lilly pads anyday.  That being said if your gonna run em deep for smallies - try it drop shot rigged or carolina style. 

I took out the kayak on a northern pond for the last few hours yesterday. It was hot and tough to start but wound up getting a limit of largies. I got into them in the pads with a frog. Had to have 30- 40 strikes and some big ass ones. Lot of missed strikes or non hooks but had a blast, caught a big toothy critter on a spinner bait as well, was great trying to find my pliers while trying to save my bait and not lose fingers lol.

Sorry no pics, I kept 2 to bring home.

• Like 3

Another SLOOOW morning on Keuka.....Caught about ten smallies, half a dozen rock bass and two dink perch from 8:00am until noon....

It was however, a lovely morning on the water with a refreshing breeze..As soon as we got ashore,  the temp seemed to go up 20 degrees.....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I'm off to pick up Two Buck Bob, and then  up to meet Otto at the launch on Skaneateles...

Looking forward to it...This will be the first time I've laid eyeballs on the lake, much less fished it...

22 minutes ago, Otto said:

Don’t bring any bananas in my boat!

good luck guys!   lets see some fish pics!   Dougs fish fry for lunch?   

Really great day on the water (Skaneatelas Lake) with@Pygmy and his friend TwoBuckBob. (Not a forum member, so not an official GTG)
We kept at least 2 dozen perch and caught that many smallmouth bass. 4 or 5 of the bass were 17"+ close to 3.5 or 4 pounds.
This was my 3rd time fishing with Pygmy, not only is he a true gentleman, but he is funny as hell, and a great fisherman too!
c072129d4c5c157b245fdd8eeca48ee6.jpg
cb94fb44ef0687be97f4875b7263053b.jpg
9659377688ac5dec0b2b967addfd2b61.jpg
6c163eabb59f7d09f670cd25cc22b8e4.jpgfae85f586487af766598ab1d9470c631.jpg3c1caf5922f0e9084ba7944e556e8589.jpg0e77454746d433a64b081d1763eeb550.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, Otto said:

Really great day on the water (Skaneatelas Lake) with@Pygmy and his friend TwoBuckBob. (Not a forum member, so not an official GTG)
We kept at least 2 dozen perch and caught that many smallmouth bass. 4 or 5 of the bass were 17"+ close to 3.5 or 4 pounds.
This was my 3rd time fishing with Pygmy, not only is he a true gentleman, but he is funny as hell, and a great fisherman too!

Way to go guys - looks like it was a great day!

It was a great day....Steady fishing all morning long....Thanks to Otto or the opportunity and the great guiding...Between perch, bass and rock bass I would estimate we caught around 80 fish...I don't think we went 5 minutes all morning without somebody catching something...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

It was a great day....Steady fishing all morning long....Thanks to Otto or the opportunity and the great guiding...Between perch, bass and rock bass I would estimate we caught around 80 fish...I don't think we went 5 minutes all morning without somebody catching something...

Looks like an awesome day. In the pic do i spy a hellgrammite?  Tipping them on your hand tied jigs?