Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

20200921_161156.thumb.jpg.0f6272be22288316deb82fbd361ed3f6.jpg

Double tarped and winterized. Live from the water is done for me. Hardly went out this year. Been crazy busy doing other projects. But next year will be different!  Almost ready to hunt now.

Some of the best fishing of the year is yet to come. Good luck, and tight lines to all heading out!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, grampy said:

Double tarped and winterized. Live from the water is done for me. Hardly went out this year. Been crazy busy doing other projects. But next year will be different!  Almost ready to hunt now.

Some of the best fishing of the year is yet to come. Good luck, and tight lines to all heading out!

I winterized my 17 footer last Saturday also.   Depending on the weather, I will be smallmouth fishing in the Adirondacks from a 12 footer until the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  I missed out on that last year, because the lake froze over.

16 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

I'll winterize when I get sick of shoveling snow off the cover.... Till then, the boat stays ready to roll

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Mine goes into storage as soon as the last one goes in for the year. Cause mine needs to be the first one out in the spring!  Last season I put the boat away while backing thru a snow covered driveway to get to the barn. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Mine goes into storage as soon as the last one goes in for the year. Cause mine needs to be the first one out in the spring!  Last season I put the boat away while backing thru a snow covered driveway to get to the barn. 

I am hoping things get straightened out at the DMV this winter so that I can get the 12 ft rowboat that I picked up this summer registered.  Then it won't be such a rush to get the bigger boat out in the spring.  I keep my little outboards down in the basement and they are ready to go year round.

8 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I am hoping things get straightened out at the DMV this winter so that I can get the 12 ft rowboat that I picked up this summer registered.  Then it won't be such a rush to get the bigger boat out in the spring.  I keep my little outboards down in the basement and they are ready to go year round.

the dmv actually in some ways is easier now.  In this county at least - there is a drop box and you just put the paperwork in there and they call you when its ready to pickup.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 6:30 AM, Robhuntandfish said:

the dmv actually in some ways is easier now.  In this county at least - there is a drop box and you just put the paperwork in there and they call you when its ready to pickup.  

On 9/22/2020 at 10:02 PM, wolc123 said:

I registered my boat online this year. You get a 10 day (I think) temporary to print out and received my stickers in the mail in about a week.

Edited by MPHunter

Has anyone in WNY been out for steelhead in the tribs yet?  

I made it out for a few hours this past Saturday on an Erie County tributary.  Visibility was awful where I was, but we did see one guy land a nice fish.  Of course, our group got skunked.  

Has anyone in WNY been out for steelhead in the tribs yet?  

I made it out for a few hours this past Saturday on an Erie County tributary.  Visibility was awful where I was, but we did see one guy land a nice fish.  Of course, our group got skunked.  
Catt and lower getting great reports

On 9/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, grampy said:

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

I'm hearing that the salmon are starting to stack up over in oak orchard. Has anyone been out there recently? 

Also, is anyone eating these? I know there was concern for a long time because of the elevated mercury levels, but I think the water quality has improved to the point where there is no longer concern? Between that and the fact that most of these fish are farm raised, are they ok to eat?

I'm hearing that the salmon are starting to stack up over in oak orchard. Has anyone been out there recently? 
Also, is anyone eating these? I know there was concern for a long time because of the elevated mercury levels, but I think the water quality has improved to the point where there is no longer concern? Between that and the fact that most of these fish are farm raised, are they ok to eat?
Penn raised and released as fingerlings. They def do their growing up in the big water. As far as eating them, king salmon from Ontario are definitely safe to eat. My personal opinion is I'd rather not even touch one of those spawned up mud sharks in the creeks. Just remember, every fish you catch and release is going to die anyway so it's worth a shot at tossing them on the grill or in the smoker. Good luck ! Eat bbq baked beans the night before you go !

• Like 1

Don't eat the black ones! The only way I eat them is smoked, otherwise too fishy for me. They're no worse to eat than other fish, possibly even better as the fish that are coming to spawn are 3-4 years old. Not real old by fish standards. Give em a try!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1