Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

Out again with [mention=320]Pygmy[/mention] and TwoBuckBob. Had a good day, but a lot slower than a couple of weeks ago. Mostly bass today, a couple of perch and too damn many rockies! Hope to get out when the perch are on fire this fall.6e163384d7b561bbbaa64f6ea1d68d3a.jpg&key=b657706523e4683511e6ea232661013cadc5631758241cfe05cf09c67b458b13

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The perch just were not co-operating today, but the smallmouths were hot and heavy when we finally homed in on them..

All smallmouths are awesome fighters, but those  Skaneateles smallies  are the fattest and toughest ones I've ever caught...

As usual, Otto did not disappoint when it came to lunch...The BLT he gave me was by far the best one I've ever had...

He'd make some lucky guy a fine wife...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Otto said:

Out again with [mention=320]Pygmy[/mention] and TwoBuckBob. Had a good day, but a lot slower than a couple of weeks ago. Mostly bass today, a couple of perch and too damn many rockies! Hope to get out when the perch are on fire this fall.6e163384d7b561bbbaa64f6ea1d68d3a.jpg&key=b657706523e4683511e6ea232661013cadc5631758241cfe05cf09c67b458b13

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

looks like a fine day and not sweating your ass off.  Nothing wrong with a smallie or a rocky on the end of the line!  

I had some of those smallie filets tonite,  floured in Bisquick, fried for about 90 seconds per side  in HOT canola oil and then dusted with fine salt while still hot....I have been concentrating too much on panfish/perch and hadn't done any bass up in awhile..

DAY-um !!,, So good it makes you wanna slap yo MOMMA..!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I had some of those smallie filets tonite,  floured in Bisquick, fried for about 90 seconds per side  in HOT canola oil and then dusted with fine salt while still hot....I have been concentrating too much on panfish/perch and hadn't done any bass up in awhile..

DAY-um !!,, So good it makes you wanna slap yo MOMMA..!!

As long as the fillets are still twitching when you take them off the fish, you won't find much better eating than bass, especially grilled, baked, or broiled.

Wow that's a beauty.  Always like the colors on them. I've never gotten one that size.  Nice catch!!!
We saw 4 of them swimming with their heads out of the water today. I'd heard about it before but it's the strangest thing you'll ever see! I caught 2, my buddy missed 1 at the boat and lost a monster bigger than mine at the boat side, it hit topwater too which was awesome.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

We saw 4 of them swimming with their heads out of the water today. I'd heard about it before but it's the strangest thing you'll ever see! I caught 2, my buddy missed 1 at the boat and lost a monster bigger than mine at the boat side, it hit topwater too which was awesome.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Me and a buddy were up fishing lake Durant in the Dacks one time, we used to go there all the time. And he hooked 7 of them on a Zara spook.  Even had two at once almost fighting over it. Never seen that happen before or since but what an amazing day. 

Sounds like a killer great day on the water for you guys. It seems like when they turn on they are just ravenous.  I've seen a 41" come out of a small lake in Madison county, and a 31" out of Otisco but biggest I've ever gotten was a 30". 

• Like 2

Good top water smallmouth action in the Adirondacks this morning, resulting in my fastest 5 fish limit of the year.  (5) 15 - 16 inchers in 20 minutes on Zara puppy.  I caught the first 2 off the dock, then untied the boat and drifted about 50 yards for the other 3.  I have yet to put an oar in the water or start the motor.

20200906_065950.jpg

20200906_065935.jpg

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Out door channel has major league fishing on skeanateles for bass tourney. Kinda cool - first 4 anglers to 23 lb move on. 

Did you notice the boat with Otto, Two Buck Bob and me in the background...??..

I was the short guy in the middle wolfing down a BLT and sipping a Genny Light while unhooking rockie after rockie...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Low impact fishing.......

It must have been a hungry bachelor group.  They were all kind of thin, unlike the shorter, but stout females, that I caught yesterday on jigs. The second one off the dock wrapped me around a sunken branch.  As I was unleashing the boat, to try and get over to it, it got off the branch by itself.  That saved my only Zara puppy.   A half dozen more casts, as I floated, and I had my limit. 

The thin males today did not fight as hard as the stout females that I caught on the bottom yesterday, but it was cool seeing them hit the top water bait.  Most hit as soon as the cast landed, before I even started to "walk the dog".

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Did you notice the boat with Otto, Two Buck Bob and me in the background...??..

I was the short guy in the middle wolfing down a BLT and sipping a Genny Light while unhooking rockie after rockie...

WHAT A DAY!  We were fishing the same rock pile as those pros!

Hope to hear about the perch bite coming on for fall!  

Edited by Otto
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 1:45 PM, Otto said:

WHAT A DAY!  We were fishing the same rock pile as those pros!

Hope to hear about the perch bite coming on for fall!  

I'll bet those tournament guys landed a few nice smallies off that rockpile that had hook marks in the jaws from when WE caught and released them...<<grin>>....

• Like 2