Live from the Water 2020

The_Real_TCIII

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

they are a bit tougher to fillet than perch as well.  But are def good eating.  

I have to check the local regs so I know what’s up. I always seem to catch them at this one spot, even when not trying. I know another spot a bit to the East that has a bunch of yellow perch. All my local lakes are stocked with trout and 90% of the ppl that fish here go to the salt, so there is very little pressure on the lakes. I really need something to do.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

1 voter for brookies.   Fall brook trout are just beautiful. And the meat is colored like salmon.    BrookTrout.JPG?timestamp=1416236969

My vote goes with the brookies as well. Out of some God smacked little stream way back in the Adirondacks.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I know I am in the minority on this subject, but I prefer bluegills to perch...They are a little harder to filet...Nothing in the world filets as easily as a perch...  

This is from a man that knows his fish fry’s!!!!!

175B11E6-D750-4317-B823-ADC796BEDF36.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:
3 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

What do you like about them over perch?

What do you like about them over perch?

I like the flavor....Best tasting fisn in fresh water IMO....  Perch are wonderful too, however..

Perch is absolutely incredible .
Don't forget your spoiled with giant lake Erie yellows... There is no bigger and better perch fillet to be had then them.

I would place a wager that a limit of Erie yellows is pounds and pounds heavier than anywhere else.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Don't forget your spoiled with giant lake Erie yellows... There is no bigger and better perch fillet to be had then them.

I would place a wager that a limit of Erie yellows is pounds and pounds heavier than anywhere else.

I would agree

I would think yellow perch from the less tainted and better water quality of NyC’s reservoirs in the Hudson valley and Catskills would Taste just as good. They certainly get to the same size.

Lake Erie says up to 4 meals per month only for yellow perch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Back in it's heyday Seneca lake would beat present day Erie....Lots   of 13-15" fish  and some bigger ones..For years, the  Gennessee fishing contest perch division was dominated by Seneca lake, with several fish annually in the 2 1/4 to 2 /12 POUND range...

No more..There are still some jumbo jack perch in Seneca, and a closed mouthed group still takes a few big ones each year, but the fishery is just a shadow of what it used to be..

26 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I would think yellow perch from the less tainted and better water quality of NyC’s reservoirs in the Hudson valley and Catskills would Taste just as good. They certainly get to the same size.

Lake Erie says up to 4 meals per month only for yellow perch

Not the same size ,thats why you guys eat white perch . We won't even touch a white perch with our bare hands they're so gross. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Haha 1

Not the same size ,thats why you guys eat white perch . We won't even touch a white perch with our bare hands they're so gross. 

Yellows up to 17” are caught every year in local Rez’s. 13-15” cookie cutters in the spring are commonplace

Yellows up to 17” are caught every year in local Rez’s. 13-15” cookie cutters in the spring are commonplace

I would need to see the proof. Let's keep in mind there's prob 40 boats with 3 men boxing out daily or coming close, JUST out of one port on Erie. That's thousands of 12"+ perch daily. No Rez can compare.

I'll wait....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

I would need to see the proof. Let's keep in mind there's prob 40 boats with 3 men boxing out daily or coming close, JUST out of one port on Erie. That's thousands of 12"+ perch daily. No Rez can compare.

I'll wait....

You have to wait for the one shop that sells the only bait you can catch fish on to open for the season.

• Like 1