2 Trillion economic stimulus plan

Most people including myself can't comprehend what a trillion dollars is.

Just to put it into perspective :    A million seconds is 12 days

A billion seconds is 31 years

A trillion seconds is 31,688 years

• Like 6

On 3/27/2020 at 9:39 PM, G-Man said:

Nothing for a lot of middle class with financial cut offs. Lot of pork , could of given ev err citizen 5k with that 320 million in usa.. lot of wasted money

The $1200 was just a bit of lube to make the shafting that tax payers are going to take just a little less painful.

• Like 1

This isn't an economic stimulus.  This is an economic collapse in the making.  
Ammo.  The currency of the 21st Century.

Hahaha. Let me know how paying for stuff with ammo works out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hahaha. Let me know how paying for stuff with ammo works out for you

If the overwhelming National Debt causes a total economic collapse, the US dollar becomes worthless.  When it happened in Germany in the 30's, people used their paper money in their fireplaces for heat.  The barter system will be the only thing that operates.  Commodities in demand will have ammo at the top of the list.  Not only will it be worth it's weight in gold as a commodity in a barter system, in many cases one bullet will acquire the owner whatever they need, when judiciously applied to the right part of a "sellers" anatomy.

Things get really ugly when survival is the only thing that matters.

You wouldn't think it was funny if you understood living during a total economic collapse, with no law, no government employees getting paid and refusing to work, no goods or services available because nobody profits from providing them, no electricity, no water coming out of your tap at home, total anarchy and no rules for survival.  If the US national debt causes such an economic collapse in this land, Martial Law will be installed, all rights suspended and the government will not be nearly as restrained as it currently is under the Constitution.  Imagine the worst case scenario and you won't be close to seeing the reality.

Having the means to survive will be extremely valuable, and people would trade most anything to acquire it.  If you've never envisioned what it would be like, you are grossly ill prepared to survive if it should come to pass.  Some may think it's funny analytical people do consider it a possibility and know how close the US is to it's reality, but that's because many do not understand how easily and quickly it can occur.  You can be assured the US government knows and is preparing for it's inevitabilty, knowing they cannot contain government spending and soon won't even be able to pay the interest on the national debt.   A big part of the government's strategy, is to keep people in denial, so they do not see it coming and do not demand action before it happens.  How many people do you know who are even aware what the national debt is?

That should give people some idea as to why the government, especially the leftists in it, are so desperate to disarm the populace with any and all gun control schemes it can legalize.

People are not ignorant when they don't know the truth.  They're ignorant when they don't want to know the truth.  

The truth is, there is nothing funny about it.

EcoCollapse.jpg

Edited by Rattler

36 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Chicken Little Syndrome?

You are not paying attention.  Unless something is done to curtail govt spending, it's inevitable, and every elected hack knows it.

No different than a household living way beyond it's means.  It's unsustianable when expenses exceed income.  This current crises is costing the US trillions in additional expense and the tax revenue is way down.

That is something to being seriously concerned about.

Prove me wrong.

PaperMoney.jpg

Edited by Rattler

Today it takes $25,832.94 Federal Reserve Notes to purchase what $1,000 U.S. Gold-backed Dollars purchased in 1913. That means that a Federal Reserve Note has the purchase power of about 3 Cents each whereas a 1913 U.S. Dollar had the purchase power of 100 Cents.

Just last year, the U.S. Treasury announced that within five years every single dollar the government borrows will have to go to pay just the interest on the National Debt.

T Scott Brown

In the Constitutional Convention and the Debates that ensued on its structure, proving that the Framers of the Constitution never intended that the power to Emit Bills of Credit was ever to be authorized or enumerated to the federal government, I think this should be very clear.

If you read the Debates on August 17, 1787, the Constitutional Convention the Framers discussed a draft article defining the powers of Congress under the projected new Constitution. A portion of the draft read, "Congress shall have power… to coin money, emit bills of credit, regulate the value thereof…"

Governor Morris, delegate from Pennsylvania, an associate of Robert Morris, rose to propose an amendment. The amendment, as James Madison recorded in his Notes on the Constitutional Convention, the record of the proceedings, was to strike the words "emit bills of credit" and those words were indeed removed from the Constitution. 1787 language, the term "bills of credit" was the words used for Paper Fiat Currency.

As George Washington, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson on August 1, 1786:"Paper money has had the effect in your state that it will ever have, to ruin commerce, oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice."

Thomas Jefferson said: "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money and not money itself."

James Madison wrote:
"Paper money is unjust ... It is unconstitutional, for it affects the rights of property as much as taking away equal value in land."

In 1817, Jefferson predicted paper money will bring:

"... abuses also are inevitable and, by breaking up the measure of value, make a lottery of all private property."

Jefferson insisted in 1784:
"If we determine that a Dollar shall be our Unit ... we must then say with precision what a Dollar is." That definition was given in the 1792, Coinage Act declared a dollar worth 371.25 grains of pure silver or 24.75 grains of pure gold.

A real Dollar is still 371.25 grains of pure silver or 24.75 grains of pure gold, the definition of a Dollar has never been legally altered in the United States Code, it has only been usurped by willful ignorance and by intent criminal actions that have robbed the wealth from the people of this country and transferred it to the politically connected.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

The clueless laugh, but offer no analytical, factual rebuttal to counter the debate.  As if laughing proves anything in the debate.  Well, it does prove some folks have no idea what a threat to this land the national debt and out of control government spending really are.  Sadly, they will be the most unprepared if it happens.  Laugh while you can.

• Like 3

Maybe a Global change is going to happen, currency wise.  I am very worried about the state of New York,  because of Governor Cuomo, my local firearms shop closed it's doors.  Thank God, I had stocked up on supplies.

This what we are facing may turn out GOOD!!!   OR, turn into HELL itself.   Just wait and see

3 hours ago, Rattler said:

No different than a household living way beyond it's means.  It's unsustianable when expenses exceed income.  This current crises is costing the US trillions in additional expense and the tax revenue is way down.

That is something to being seriously concerned about.

A lot of truth is these statements. The bottom could easily fall out if this trend continues making paper money worthless. Those that don't hunt, fish, or barter could be in deep trouble and those depending on the government for their needs could suddenly be left empty handed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Ratt.  Did you take your own advice and pay attention to the 90 day quarantine by the male mayor of rhode island too that you “read” about?

The article I read did not assume the Gov's gender.   Nothing posted here comes from any article in general.  Want to debate?  Prove me wrong.

14 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Funny how people tell you to “read” and you need to open your eyes when they post fake news.   Interesting.....

Fake News?  Point out what's fake.  BTW, this a bipartisan problem.  Every elected official in DC is guilty of it.

Edited by Rattler

4 minutes ago, Rattler said:

The article I read did not assume the Gov's gender.   Nothing posted here comes from any article in general.  Want to debate?  Prove me wrong.

I read today Rhode Island is pulling over cars with NY plates and putting the occupants in 90 day quarantine per the Governors Executive Order.  He doesn't want people from the city coming to their 2nd homes and bringing the virus with them.  ACLU is really upset about that, but he's doing it

You used the words “him” and “he”.  Both used to describe a male.  You also stated that there was an executive order of a 90 day quarantine.  These are your facts that you shared.  Can you cite your source?  Why are you spreading fake news? 

3 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I read today Rhode Island is pulling over cars with NY plates and putting the occupants in 90 day quarantine per the Governors Executive Order.  He doesn't want people from the city coming to their 2nd homes and bringing the virus with them.  ACLU is really upset about that, but he's doing it

You used the words “him” and “he”.  Both used to describe a male.  You also stated that there was an executive order of a 90 day quarantine.  These are your facts that you shared.  Can you cite your source?  Why are you spreading fake news? 

So I assumed the Gov was a he and IIRC was a 90 day hold, when in fact it was a "She" and was 14 days.  Details were wrong but the situation was correct.  The situation is far from fake.  I never stated they were facts.  I stated I read it.  What's your point?

In other words, you're clueless on this forum topic and think pointing out something from another insignificant post destroys the credibility of this one?  Straw man diversionary tactics are the favorite tactic of leftists.  Think you can effectively debate what's posted in this forum?  Give it a try.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rattler said:

So I assumed the Gov was a he and IIRC was a 90 day hold, when in fact it was a "She" and was 14 days.  Details were wrong but the situation was correct.  The situation is far from fake.  I never stated they were facts.  I stated I read it.  What's your point?

In other words, you're clueless on this forum topic and think pointing out something from another insignificant post destroys the credibility of this one?  Straw man diversionary tactics are the favorite tactic of leftists.  Think you can effectively debate what's posted in this forum?  Give it a try.

6042F481-8555-4359-A2A2-A071FEA2A426.jpeg