2 Trillion economic stimulus plan

15 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Liberal Tactics 101 on display.  

I had to reply to this thread because you were dodging the other one after you posted your lies and fake news

Seriously?  Lies and fake news?  :mda: 

Sometimes I come on this forum and I'm just spit balling.  Not everything is gonna be gold.  I admit it.  You consider that lying?

I fail to see the significance of bringing that up in a totally unrelated thread.  It simply makes me believe something I posted in this thread makes you uncomfortable, but you don't have any competent way of refuting what I posted, so you grasp at anything that will make you seem morally superior.

If it makes you feel better about yourself, more power to ya.  But it doesn't discredit anything above.  If anything, it discredits you.

You see, I never expect to change the mind of any antagonist in any debate.  I debate to give information to the people on the sidelines looking for info so they can form their own opinion.  I do my best to present a strong case, and allow you to do yours.  The number of undecided who convert to your side is what wins the debate for you.

Now, is there anything you would like to say about the National Debt?  Are you for lowering it or do you support adding more to it?  I'll give you another crack at it.

• Like 1

The debt?  I was against bailouts when Obama did it so if I was to be fair I should be against adding to it now.  Im not in favor of the federal government propping up corporations, but these circumstances are very unique. All businesses are affected by something they cant control. I think we have shot our shots and I hope the stimulus package works.  I trust trump when it comes to running the country like a business.   Im confident that when this virus goes away and we return back to normal we will be fine.  But there is no timetable on it. 

I can understand that and respect it.  However, the debt is a long running issue and really has to be looked at with regard to each spending or borrowing bill.  Politicians today love to throw lots of pork into each bill in order to vote for the part of the bill that's needed.  That's what just happened with this stimulus bill.  That's what we should all be against.  Any politician who does that should be called out for it.  

Unless we put a stop to deficit spending and debt, this country will see a crises that will make this virus crises seem like the good old days.

Maybe a Global change is going to happen, currency wise.  I am very worried about the state of New York,  because of Governor Cuomo, my local firearms shop closed it's doors.  Thank God, I had stocked up on supplies.
This what we are facing may turn out GOOD!!!   OR, turn into HELL itself.   Just wait and see
Why is it closed?

Homeland security just advised as of yesterday that gun shops are "essential" so if they are still closed it is on the owner not Cuomo.

Dont get me wrong I hate Cuomo as much as the rest of us, but this can't be blamed on him as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here's the issue with the CARES stimulus as far as government spending goes.

As the dust settles following Congress's hurried passage of the emergency relief package known as the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, spending details of the 880-page, $2.2 trillion behemoth are now becoming known, and it's not a pretty sight. While billions of dollars go for needed virus relief, roughly $600 billion goes into government coffers. It's the biggest one-day expansion of government power ever, with the vast majority going to increase the welfare state.

It's clear that Big Government proponents, especially the Democrats led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, followed Rahm Emanuel's advice and didn't let this crisis go to waste. What may be an even greater danger than government expansion is the precedent this crisis action has produced. Now, even more Americans will look first to the government to bail them out of a crisis, costing billions and saddling them with all the more Liberty-limiting regulations as the bureaucratic state grows exponentially.

As The Wall Street Journal astutely notes, "Republicans waved much of this through, viewing it as the Democratic price for urgently needed business liquidity. But they should understand the left has every intention of making these spending levels the new normal. Long after this virus has passed, long after the economy is recovering, Democrats will cry foul at any cut. Should they win the presidency or the Senate this fall, the chances of rolling any of this back fall even further."

The bill's most glaring and dangerous aspect is that it fails to distinguish between that which is expected to be a temporary expansion of government from that which is permanent — exactly as the Democrats wanted it. The Journal observes, "Democrats successfully exploited the crisis to expand the power of government overall — perhaps for the long term. That's especially perverse, given it was government that imposed the restrictions that shut down the economy, necessitating this rescue bill in the first place."

Will Americans one day come to regret the Orwellian-named CARES Act and see it as the cure that was worse than the disease?

The Patriot Post

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

If the worst comes to pass, there won't be any groceries in the store.  :rolleyes:
You should make an effort to read it when you can.  It may change your thinking about the present.

Explain why there would be a food shortage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Explain why there would be a food shortage

Simple shipping is stopped , no trains means no trucks except local and since farms are now corporate,  grain I shipped by rail to flexiflo sites to be loaded onto trucks to be delivered.  Long haul trucks are not common as rail can move 300 trucks on one trian.  If the rail breaks and no one to. Fix it, it will stop.

Cities historically collapse in times of disease and drought/famine. From. Ancient Mesopotamia america, to egypt, india, Indonesia.  

• Like 1

Simple shipping is stopped , no trains means no trucks except local and since farms are now corporate,  grain I shipped by rail to flexiflo sites to be loaded onto trucks to be delivered.  Long haul trucks are not common as rail can move 300 trucks on one trian.  If the rail breaks and no one to. Fix it, it will stop.
Cities historically collapse in times of disease and drought/famine. From. Ancient Mesopotamia america, to egypt, india, Indonesia.  

I guess well see. But I still would be happy to bet my life that ammo never becomes a currency

If there's no electric, supermarkets can't keep much food.  Panic buying cleans out the store and restock may never happen.  Various things like truck hijacking and corrupt drivers diverting food, can all cause problems.  But that only lasts a short while.  After that, nothing happens anymore.

Believing ammo may never been in short supply and high demand IS betting your life on it.  Never is a very long time son.

BTW, ever study trade in the Middle East among rebels?

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I guess well see. But I still would be happy to bet my life that ammo never becomes a currency

Well if it collapsed barter would be 1st form of currency followed by gold and silver once things stabilized..

• Like 1

Well if it collapsed barter would be 1st form of currency followed by gold and silver once things stabilized..

Right but other things are more valuable than ammo. It’s not happening

46 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Right but other things are more valuable than ammo.

Such as?

Read a few writings on apocalyptic scenarios.  They will give you some idea what to expect.  The government has been worried for years now about a terrorist attack on the national electric grid.  Imagine no electric nationwide for months because of all the work and material required to rebuild it.  Supermarkets run out of food, credit cards don't work, gas pumps don't work, tap water stops flowing, no lights, internet, cell phones, A/C or heat at home.  Looting begins, gangs form, violence rules and people don't survive.  This could happen tomorrow without warning, just as 9/11 did.

Better to be prepared if it never happens,  than to be completely unprepared if it does.

Such as?

Read a few writings on apocalyptic scenarios.  They will give you some idea what to expect.  The government has been worried for years now about a terrorist attack on the national electric grid.  Imagine no electric nationwide for months because of all the work and material required to rebuild it.  Supermarkets run out of food, credit cards don't work, gas pumps don't work, tap water stops flowing, no lights, internet, cell phones, A/C or heat at home.  Looting begins, gangs form, violence rules and people don't survive.  This could happen tomorrow without warning, just as 9/11 did.

Better to be prepared if it never happens,  than to be completely unprepared if it does.

Ok, I won’t argue. Good luck with the ammo currency. I’m prepared to protect myself and family. I have no problem eating a human. I mean paying for stuff with ammo

• Like 1