Diamond Provider

Bolt action

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took the plunge. Bought a new to me 2018 Diamond Provider. Got it for a wicked deal.

My old bow was and still is a lot of fun to shoot. It's a 2009 Diamond Razor Edge. It has a comfortable draw cycle, but I worry that it's a little slow, and a little noisier than I would have liked. A few months back I started casually looking into an upgrade. I wanted something that was easily adjustable, was more current, and that would solve my speed and noise needs.With an all in budget of about $300, I was waffling between new, entry level bows and several year old but mid level deals. There are a handful of newer rigs out there that have great reviews. I was looking at Bear Cruzer G2, Diamond Infinte Edge models or the SB-1 if going new, or various models from the past few years for the mid level. 

I settled the Diamond Provider. Not much in the way of online information, but it seems to be a more hunter focused version of the Infinite Edge lineup. The RAK package retails for around $475, and I was able to get it in like new condition for $180. This single cam model has a 31" ATA length, 7 1/2 BH, and weighs in at only 3.2lbs. I have it set to 29.5" DL and 62 lbs DW. 

I took it to Sportsmans Warehouse over the weekend to have their archery guys take a look at it. The tech was with F&S before the take over and I'm glad to see that he survived the merger. I've spoken with him a bunch and brought him some work in the past. He's a good dude with a bunch of experience. He took a look at the bow, adjusted the DL module for me, moved the peep, added a kisser, etc.. and I took my first 30 shots or so. WOW! This thing is awesome. It may not be the fastest bow on the market, but these arrows come off the string like missiles and the bow does not make ANY noise at the shot. No hand shock or vibration to speak of either. Very happy with my upgrade and can't wait to get outside to put it to good use!

provider.jpg

• Like 2

Given how well it shoots (so far anyway...), I'm a little surprised that I can't find more info online about it. This actually made me a little anxious about buying it. I think that it's just overshadowed by all the press on the super adjustable entry level models that are available right now.