Looks like we are loosing our latest lease

rob-c

Wife and I decided to go for a drive and we went up past our lease and there’s a for sale sign on it. 2 years in on this one , I was looking forward to this coming season as we were really getting the deer pattens down. Well glad we found out now as we had plans to build some  natural ground blinds and put up a few more ladder stands over the summer. 
Not sure what I want to do at this point, really don’t want to lease again as this is our 2nd lease lost in 5 years. I have a state forest 5-10 mins from my house so we may be scouting and hunting it.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, rob-c said:

We don’t want to go that far in debt this late in life. 

If you split it it's not bad. Land is about the only thing to go into debt for it always goes up in value. They aren't making anymore of it

9 hours ago, rob-c said:

We don’t want to go that far in debt this late in life. 

That sucks that the owner didn’t even approach you first. You think you’d be the first one he’d tell in case you were an interested buyer.
I’d echo what Greg said. If you like that land, or other local properties for sale, you should at least see if you can wrangle an investment purchase, especially if you can get it on the cheap. Banks do land loans, and sellers will give terms too. You could turn your lease payment into a land payment. Money is super cheap now too. And if something bad in life comes up in the future, you can unload it for more than you paid for it. 

It’s worth a serious thought anyways. Especially if you have a close family member to split it with.