Wuhan China

Water Rat

Jaw dropping really. I will say this is not representative of all of China. FYI I’ve wandered through China and gone to many many local markets. I rather enjoy seeing and trying new things, to a point. In all the places I’ve gone, I’ve never seen anything remotely close to this. Glad I never did actually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Jaw dropping really. I will say this is not representative of all of China. FYI I’ve wandered through China and gone to many many local markets. I rather enjoy seeing and trying new things, to a point. In all the places I’ve gone, I’ve never seen anything remotely close to this. Glad I never did actually. 

Thats because this was shot in Indonesia, not Wuhan.

• Like 1

You eat what is available, where you grow up.  I had the misfortune of seeing this first hand, I guess.  Don't knock it until you done this.  Meat is meat and if cooked properly, it will all taste good.  Talk to some POW's from Vietnam, you might be surprised.  Dogs, cats, monkeys, snakes, grubs, and insects, all is edible and does taste good.

Hoo-ah!!!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 5:28 PM, rachunter said:

I'm not sure if this is before or after the bird and swine flu problems

This is what's more typical.  Most of the wild game meat shops you see are from the poorer regions/neighborhoods.  It does happen but it's like grabbing a hillbilly from the Ozarks cooking up possums and raccoons and saying that's America as a whole.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Elmo said:

This is what's more typical.  Most of the wild game meat shops you see are from the poorer regions/neighborhoods.  It does happen but it's like grabbing a hillbilly from the Ozarks cooking up possums and raccoons and saying that's America as a whole.

Oh I understand I've seen video's of chicken houses here in America.I'd try a bunch of the food in the video I posted,but I wouldn't go no where near the market in the first video.It's a cultural thing here and abroad if I told people around here I like rabbit,squirrel,deer ect. there eyes would pop out of there heads,if I went upstate and said I had fried rabbit with biscuits and gravy no one would bat an eye lash.