How does your garden grow

crappyice

Tomatoes but you will have to water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cherry?

Grape?

Heirloom?

I’m fine watering time to time, I just don’t want it as a daily chore. It gets hot. Hot enough to wilt flowers and plants I had to move to other spots.

And do woodchucks, squirrels, skunks eat tomato plants? I don’t have to worry about deer since I’m fully fenced in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m fine watering time to time, I just don’t want it as a daily chore. It gets hot. Hot enough to wilt flowers and plants I had to move to other spots.

image.jpeg.68b982bcdf0ee594ba84e54df1f49c4f.jpeg

Boom,  done!

Cherry?
Grape?
Heirloom?

And do woodchucks, squirrels, skunks eat tomato plants? I don’t have to worry about deer since I’m fully fenced in

I hear RedRyder BB guns are a fun way to protect your plants from little critters.

I would go with a watermelon or cantaloupe or squash type thing that grows on vines. Sounds like your space isn’t prepped so this would be the easiest to prep.

• Like 1

I hear RedRyder BB guns are a fun way to protect your plants from little critters.

I would go with a watermelon or cantaloupe or squash type thing that grows on vines. Sounds like your space isn’t prepped so this would be the easiest to prep.

Yea I contemplate this every year then realize we probably spend $8/week on tomatoes, so why waste all the time and effort to save $8 lol

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Does weatherby make a pellet gun? Otherwise we need a new plan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I contemplate this every year then realize we probably spend $8/week on tomatoes, so why waste all the time and effort to save $8 lol

Fresh vegetables have a noticeable better taste then supermarket vegetables. 

• Like 2

Biz and whomever. I’ve ordered from this place in the past. Seems good. They had or maybe still have plants you can order. I wouldn’t plant a melon of any kind. Tricky to get a finished product. You like kale? Grows well and easy. Not bad in a salad either.  I ordered Bulgarian carrot chilies and bumblebee cherry tomatoes seeds from this place a few years ago. 

https://www.totallytomato.com/

Damn, I better get moving here. Big plans this year after the BS lately .. become more self sufficient. Anyone dehydrate and store, or freeze and store there veggies/fruits etc? Like to be able to grow and sustain some throughout fall/ winter. Have plenty of room to grow, in some great black muck soil.  

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

Damn, I better get moving here. Big plans this year after the BS lately .. become more self sufficient. Anyone dehydrate and store, or freeze and store there veggies/fruits etc? Like to be able to grow and sustain some throughout fall/ winter. Have plenty of room to grow, in some great black muck soil.  

I do.  Freeze and store. Got lots of apples and peaches frozen. Mrs bundy makes apple rolls. Put cored apples in vitamix or equivalent. Grind to a mush. Add honey from your bees. Mix up. Put wax paper down on your jerky dehydrator trays. Pour on mixture, level and dehydrate per your machines instructions.  I’ve got a ton of this stuff. Can use apple pear peach whatever you have.  Makes great stand or blind snacks. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Otto said:

image.jpeg.68b982bcdf0ee594ba84e54df1f49c4f.jpeg

Boom,  done!

previous home owner left one of these. Problem I have is my OCD. Our garden is on the other side of the pool. To keep it hooked up, I'd have to run a hose across one of our entrance paths and I just can't have that haha. If I had a dedicated spout over there or a different setup I'd be all in. Soaker hoses work best. 

At my last house the guy had a rain barrel setup that was sweet. Gravity fed from the shed to soaker hoses. Just turn it on and let it go. no expense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Belo said:

started my lettuce, spinach and peppers in the seed starters. Lettuce already poking through. Raked the garden beds and fixed some fence so I can plant some corn too. Another week or 2 and stuff will go in the ground I think.

I’m not sure where Dicksville is :rolleyes:  but setting plants out in a week or two is way early.   You need to wait until all danger of frost has passed, usually mid-May or later in Central NY.  Maybe a little bit sooner in southern NYS. 

• Like 1