How does your garden grow

crappyice

13 hours ago, Pygmy said:

We didn't get a drop here in Dogpatch....In Campbell, right over the hill, a buddy of mine got 3/4" in his rain gauge overnight...

Talk about hit or miss, in Thurston, just a few miles from Campbell we got 30 seconds of sprinkles. On the way home in Horseheads the x-way was down to 35 mph and the wipers couldn't go fast enough. I could use some rain, the lawn is starting to get brown.

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

Yeah..how about now?!? I just had to chase down and wrangle my backyard table umbrella from my grill as we got dumped on something fierce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard a rumble at night but not much.

Wife used some of my old truck tires to make colorful planters for the kid. Did some herbs watermelon and blond belle peppers

88a3c8c2d8b4459b499ab6a94bca7d14.jpg&key=f84eff45753474c269cff8912e1adeddc85e9b939962a97b3724cd1ee2a8d1ac

Are those the ones you had in the bed back in February?

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

Another very simple way to do it is to place the bucket  about 1/2full of water with a layer of sunflower seeds on the surface of the water... Place a ramp from an old scrap 1x2 or 1x4 leading from the ground up to the rim of the bucket.. Bait the ground around the bucket and the ramp with SS seeds and maybe a smear or two of PB....Chippie goes up the ramp, sees what he thinks is a solid layer of sunflower seeds and jumps in for his final swimming lesson... Works great if bears are not an issue in your area...Also works well on pesky red squirrels and mice...Grey squirrels are big enough to get out if they take the plunge, but they are not the pests that chipmunks and red squirrels are...

Here’s to swimming with bowel legged woman!!!!
c5ca92ee17b82697cd2b809cc01f8a8f.jpg

This Pygmy can catch bluegills, mermaids and even some fur!!!

• Like 1

They look healthy, your right on track.

This one and its twin look good. The other few aren’t quite as fulsome, but I see green buds on them.

The tomato plants each have 2 flowers.

Cucumbers and squash idk what I’m looking for lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

This one and its twin look good. The other few aren’t quite as fulsome, but I see green buds on them.

Add more grass!

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Squash and cukes will flower too.  The squash flowers are edible and very very tasty!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

1e873d9919a5b00ef2160f1af900f349.jpg

16 more basil harvested this morning. What’s the best to store until I have more to make pesto sauce? In the fridge? Rinse now or before use?

Wrap in damp paper towels and keep in fridge.  Good for 3 or 4 days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

1e873d9919a5b00ef2160f1af900f349.jpg

16 more basil harvested this morning. What’s the best to store until I have more to make pesto sauce? In the fridge? Rinse now or before use?

My mother just makes big batches of pesto and then freezes them into cubes. Makes it really conviennt to use them

• Like 3

No garden here but I've been doing the whole planting the bottoms of various vegetables that I've already eaten to regrow them in a small pot by the window sill.  Pot is maybe a pint in size.  Scallions, then Boston Lettuce, etc.  Every time I have success for a little while and new growth will sprout but then it'll die off shortly there after.  What went wrong?  Am I suppose to move them to something bigger?

No garden here but I've been doing the whole planting the bottoms of various vegetables that I've already eaten to regrow them in a small pot by the window sill.  Pot is maybe a pint in size.  Scallions, then Boston Lettuce, etc.  Every time I have success for a little while and new growth will sprout but then it'll die off shortly there after.  What went wrong?  Am I suppose to move them to something bigger?

Do it just in water

Same thing happened to our romaine lettuce...looked cool then just wilted