How does your garden grow

crappyice

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Are those bananas hot? I like the “char in the stovetop, place in brown bag and remove charred skin” method for those.
Little EVOO, some crusty bread, maybe a nice piece of parmigiana regiano...THATS a meal in itself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grow Hungarians which many I know refer to as Half-Hots. I like them for the little kick that bananas don't offer me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SilentStalker said:

I grow Hungarians which many I know refer to as Half-Hots. I like them for the little kick that bananas don't offer me.

I’m amazed at banana peppers coming off the same plant in how their heat varies. One is mild the next is out tp in the freezer hot 

• Like 1

My jalapenos really slowed down which sucks. Finally got a couple red shishito peppers. Two cups of cilantro along with two cups of basil, I just finished making more pesto. My first glow pepper! One of my pablano plants fell over so I doubled up on bamboo stakes. Tomatoes are small next year I will definitely prune them.

I'm headed to my cabin tomorrow for a couple days, hopefully when I come back I can make some more salsa and pickled jalapenos. 

Screenshot_20200727-213657_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200727-213645_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

My jalapenos really slowed down which sucks. Finally got a couple red shishito peppers. Two cups of cilantro along with two cups of basil, I just finished making more pesto. My first glow pepper! One of my pablano plants fell over so I doubled up on bamboo stakes. Tomatoes are small next year I will definitely prune them.

I'm headed to my cabin tomorrow for a couple days, hopefully when I come back I can make some more salsa and pickled jalapenos. 

Screenshot_20200727-213657_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200727-213645_Photos.jpg

Any tips on growing cilantro ? We’ve tried growing from seeds , in ground and a pot. We use it a lot. Key in salsa for sure   And grilled Mexican street corn . And per Otto trimmed our tomato lower branches. Flourishing and soon to be a bunch of different variants 

Edited by turkeyfeathers

Any tips on growing cilantro ? We’ve tried growing from seeds , in ground and a pot. We use it a lot. Key in salsa for sure   And grilled Mexican street corn . And per Otto trimmed our tomato lower branches. Flourishing and soon to be a bunch of different variants 

Cilantro was one of those things that just grew and grew and grew for me. Went to seed quick though and flowered a few years back. Made dried coriander seeds from the seed which was neat.

• Like 1

No tips from me just lucky I guess.  Lots of water to start but the rest took care of itself. 

Crappy is right though it bolts quickly, that's the reason I cut so much today. I prune it just like basil and it keeps coming back quicker and quicker.

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Why haven’t my Jetstar tomatoes turned red yet? There’s so many of them like perfect size just a tad smaller than a baseball, but green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pick one and cut it open, just to make sure there is nothing going on inside.  But they will ripen!  

Fried Green Tomatoes are awesome anyways.

• Like 2

Biz, what was the variety of the grape tomato?  They look more elongated than I have seen before.  Just curious.  They look great.

My notes say “Juliet”. Maybe that’s why they are longer? They seem to be almost double the size of grape tomatoes I see in stores. They taste great

42 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My notes say “Juliet”. Maybe that’s why they are longer? They seem to be almost double the size of grape tomatoes I see in stores. They taste great

Huh, this is what Google says Juliet looks like:  79EE8148-2032-488C-9BC5-2554FC9848FC.jpeg.d5d77480668e84726bed599d261f73f8.jpeg

But if they taste good, then all is well! 

• Like 1

862acad5124b570d83cb568312544741.jpg&key=4601a123dff53336bf3f31c48f76beefdd553b17412881f2b4073df8469d9bedc363b347415c2c66ba1de82cae1fc155.jpg&key=6a7197fafdc279a7b97c9fe6b4c08323470083391c7b2be95a6f81fa8b563e7b

Biz Backyard Garden zucchini pizza bites. [mention=1547]TreeGuy[/mention]gave me the idea.

Also harvested 2 cups of basil for pesto tonight. so now 11 cups YTD

My NINjA TreeGuy showing a sensitive vegan approach!

Kick that up by using a vine ripped tomato slice with some fresh Mozzarella and basil

• Like 1

My NINjA TreeGuy showing a sensitive vegan approach!

Kick that up by using a vine ripped tomato slice with some fresh Mozzarella and basil

ffe38ef99e1bcc6f2a6315f83686422f.jpg

13 hours ago, crappyice said:

I heard Lake Mohansic was putting up some serious shrimp numbers lately

Close! I net them out of Crompond. @The Jerkman would never find it, because it's more than 17 yards from a main road.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1