How does your garden grow

crappyice

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

YTD is good numbers but this last haul I'm disappointed I wanted to see at least 4

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I don't want to pick too soon for numbers sake. The timing has to be right. I fondled more than 4 cukes today, but only 1 felt right to harvest

• Like 1

I don't want to pick too soon for numbers sake. The timing has to be right. I fondled more than 4 cukes today, but only 1 felt right to harvest
Seems fair. Tomorrow more pickins?

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Storm got my garden a bit, all the peppers below are supposed to be red but were knocked off their plants. Took down a willow and black locust to boot. My neighbor was awesome today, a tree on his property was uprooted and leaning over my fence and garden.

We limbed it out and then he took his truck and flipped the tree back his way. Good man, couldnt be happier with him, hard to find people like him. 

The willow tree missed my brothers truck by 12 feet (we measured). He said he isn't visiting anymore during storms. 

Corn and sunflowers are knocked over but making their way upright. 

Screenshot_20200807-001420_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200807-002058_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200807-001406_Photos.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Picked this zucchini today. It hid from me for a while it appears. Not sure what to do with it now.

abc3f0e1d2b2abb5d94b0b443cbeea61.plist039cc72d3d9fd58060f50c1245b736e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

make it a prize for the GTG - last one there gets the zucchini?  Best bow shot get the zucchini?  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a second fall harvest garden? Any chance I start ripping out some dying cucumbers and plant some lettuce or beets or carrots???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lettuce you can do id think. I stagger my tomato plantings so I can have fresh tomatos until mid october 

• Like 1

Lettuce you can do id think. I stagger my tomato plantings so I can have fresh tomatos until mid october 

Weird- I staggered my cucumbers- planted some I started indoors and then planted from seed...the “from seed” plants and enormously viney without fruit being produced.

I screwed up my tomatoes and ended up
Only planting cherry tomato plants. Picking and eating a pint a day. I don’t think I could keep that up until Oct!

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Weird- I staggered my cucumbers- planted some I started indoors and then planted from seed...the “from seed” plants and enormously viney without fruit being produced.

I screwed up my tomatoes and ended up
Only planting cherry tomato plants. Picking and eating a pint a day. I don’t think I could keep that up until Oct!

Haha yeah it gets annoting, but I end up having so much i make sauce with it. Well I should say my mother makes sauce with it. This year the squirrels destroyed all of my early plants so I only have late ones this year

On 8/11/2020 at 12:59 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Picked this zucchini today. It hid from me for a while it appears. Not sure what to do with it now.

abc3f0e1d2b2abb5d94b0b443cbeea61.plist039cc72d3d9fd58060f50c1245b736e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stuffed Zucchini 

Cut the stem off and a small slice off the other end. Then cut it in half the long way.   Boil the 2 pieces in a long baking pan on the stove until slightly soft but not mushy.   Dig them out like a canoe. Precook some hamburger in a sauce pan mixed with onion ,peppers mushrooms or whatever veggies and spices you like. Mix in some marinara sauce and some cheese in the mix while its hot.  Line the bottom of the zucchini with some marinara sauce and fill the canoe with the mix. Then cover the mix with some marinara sauce or sliced tomatoes and cover them with your choice of cheese. Mozzarella , cheddar , or the one I like is the 4 cheese mix . Bake until cheese is melted and then its YUMMY TIME !  Dig In !  

By the way. Dont throw away the insides you dug out .  Sprinkle a little salt and a few drops of lemon juice and enjoy them t ! Delicious ! Seeds and all ! I call this my bonus meal and have it while the zucchini is cooking in the oven . 

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

Stuffed Zucchini 

Cut the stem off and a small slice off the other end. Then cut it in half the long way.   Boil the 2 pieces in a long baking pan on the stove until slightly soft but not mushy.   Dig them out like a canoe. Precook some hamburger in a sauce pan mixed with onion ,peppers mushrooms or whatever veggies and spices you like. Mix in some marinara sauce and some cheese in the mix while its hot.  Line the bottom of the zucchini with some marinara sauce and fill the canoe with the mix. Then cover the mix with some marinara sauce or sliced tomatoes and cover them with your choice of cheese. Mozzarella , cheddar , or the one I like is the 4 cheese mix . Bake until cheese is melted and then its YUMMY TIME !  Dig In !  

By the way. Dont throw away the insides you dug out .  Sprinkle a little salt and a few drops of lemon juice and enjoy them t ! Delicious ! Seeds and all ! I call this my bonus meal and have it while the zucchini is cooking in the oven . 

Thanks. But i'm going to try chips baked in the oven.

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

The sea salt n vinegar ones I sent recipe for ? 

I only did EVOO and salt/pepper since i don't like vinegar. It's been 2 hours at 235 degrees and they still look soggy. not sure when they will become crispy lol